Single Thread RP The Last ROLEPLAY Post Wins

"{Mhm...}"

"{Do you think maybe there's.. some sort of greater will we don't know about who seems to pick who is and isnt brought here?}"
<...>
<I can think of at least two or three possible parties...>

Two sort of wisp-like ghosts flash in Dark's mind in a grey void. One is a white, gaseous spirit with void-black eyes and a void-black mouth, while the other is its opposite in every way: a black, gaseous spirit with glowing white eyes and a glowing white mouth.
And then some kind of black glitch of an imposing...giant behind them.

<...>
<I can think of at least two or three possible parties...>

Two sort of wisp-like ghosts flash in Dark's mind in a grey void. One is a white, gaseous spirit with void-black eyes and a void-black mouth, while the other is its opposite in every way: a black, gaseous spirit with glowing white eyes and a glowing white mouth.
And then some kind of black glitch of an imposing...giant behind them.
"{Liht.. Davk.. and..?}"

"{Liht.. Davk.. and..?}"
<...>
<Another thing to explain.>
<If Liht and Davk are 1 on the eldritch scale of 1-10...>
<...>

Dark focuses harder, recalling images some of his peers once drew up.

The giant wears a simple, white mask, with dotted eyes and a curve for a mouth on it, after going through multiple iterations, including a big giant...squid thing.
Then multiple of it show up behind it on both sides of it.

<...the Ones Beyond.>
<The Ones supposedly..truly in control of this world, this..existence's..fictional narrative nature.>
<...>
<It's a bit hard to explain them if you don't have a super open mind. Because there's so much..theory around them that make so many...bold assumptions, and...>

<...>
<Another thing to explain.>
<If Liht and Davk are 1 on the eldritch scale of 1-10...>
<...>

Dark focuses harder, recalling images some of his peers once drew up.

The giant wears a simple, white mask, with dotted eyes and a curve for a mouth on it, after going through multiple iterations, including a big giant...squid thing.
Then multiple of it show up behind it on both sides of it.

<...the Ones Beyond.>
<The Ones supposedly..truly in control of this world, this..existence's..fictional narrative nature.>
<...>
<It's a bit hard to explain them if you don't have a super open mind. Because there's so much..theory around them that make so many...bold assumptions, and...>
"{Like.. writers of a story.. maybe?}"

"{Like.. writers of a story.. maybe?}"
<...>
<Yeah! That's..exactly right.>
<My fellow er...F.U.N.'s had these theories floating around...>
<It was said that perhaps the Liht and Davk spirits were...tools, of some sort, for the Ones Beyond to enact their will through.>
<...>
<It's all pseudo-scientific, kinda-religious type philosophies or beliefs though. I'm..not sure how true it all is, but...>
<...Maybe. It's...useful as a perspective to look at things from, at least.>

<...>
<Yeah! That's..exactly right.>
<My fellow er...F.U.N.'s had these theories floating around...>
<It was said that perhaps the Liht and Davk spirits were...tools, of some sort, for the Ones Beyond to enact their will through.>
<...>
<It's all pseudo-scientific, kinda-religious type philosophies or beliefs though. I'm..not sure how true it all is, but...>
<...Maybe. It's...useful as a perspective to look at things from, at least.>
"{I do often wonder about this stuff too..}"

"{Things like what happens after death, who's pulling the strings.. all that stuff.}"

"{When you think about the most dastardly, seemingly without motivation, downright evil being you've every had to face.. do you think they answer to a greater imperative?}"

"{With the Coral, I've seen something like that.. it's very odd. Even without a sentience to control it, Coral will try desperately to escape, expand itself, if you will.}"

"{It's just.. odd..}"

"{I do often wonder about this stuff too..}"

"{Things like what happens after death, who's pulling the strings.. all that stuff.}"

"{When you think about the most dastardly, seemingly without motivation, downright evil being you've every had to face.. do you think they answer to a greater imperative?}"

"{With the Coral, I've seen something like that.. it's very odd. Even without a sentience to control it, Coral will try desperately to escape, expand itself, if you will.}"

"{It's just.. odd..}"
<...I was raised as a Christian. Believed in one true God.>
<...If I had to give the question a fair answer as a Christian, I'd think it'd be God letting all things have their own free will, the choice to be evil or good.>
<Though, for the coral...>
<...>
<...>
<Do you think it has to do with matters of the soul?>

<...I was raised as a Christian. Believed in one true God.>
<...If I had to give the question a fair answer as a Christian, I'd think it'd be God letting all things have their own free will, the choice to be evil or good.>
"{Chris-.. tian?}"

"{Sounds.. confining.}"

<Though, for the coral...>
<...>
<...>
"{..}"
<Do you think it has to do with matters of the soul?>
"{The soul is the only part of me that still remains.. I feel everything has to do with the soul.}"

"HEY! What's that for?! Words work too you know, I have a broken leg, not a broken tongue!"
"Nice to meet you too..."
"Anything else hurt?"

<Archaic name.>
<Though somehow it's one of the few things that wasn't even slightly changed over the er...two millennia since humanity was wiped out for us.>
"{Humanity.. hmm.. }"

"{I often wonder what my own race would've been like if we hadn't been exterminated by.. him..}"

<...>
<Do robots have souls?>
"{..... no, I don't think they do.}"

"{That's why they use us.. the Coral. It makes them feel like they're more than heartless metal.. maybe..}"

"{Coral is by far the best energy source they could use.. but they don't seem entirely adverse to the concept of.. other sentiences being involved.}"

Back
Top Bottom