Official The TCF 1st Anniversary Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two questions about screenshots:

How "heavily" is heavily? I'm currently building a corrupted house which includes some aspects of the 1.3 update. However, most of the blocks and furniture is still pre 1.3 stuff (especially most of the roof). Is it enough if one can spot the 1.3 content clearly and there is more than little of it?

My second question is about posting the entry elsewhere. How long are you allowed to keep the entry in your own art thread before the entry is not allowed in the contest anymore?
For the first question, as long as the judges can clearly see the 1.3 stuff and how it effects the build it should be fine. As for the second, you can keep something in your own thread as long as you want, just so long as it is also in the entry thread before the deadline.

Is it possible for me to upload something I've already shown? I have a build but I uploaded a bit of it a day before the contest. It doesn't say in the rules so I dont know.
That should be fine, I believe there is at least one preexisting thing in the contest so far.

@Loki So if we are allowed to crop images down, are we allowed to stich screenshots together into a single larger one?

Also, can we have a wiring and mech. builds category :( If so, how much time will there be between the upcoming patch which will introduce logic gates and an extra wire colour and the deadline for the contest entry?
Merging multiple screenshots together is fine. As for the second thing, no new categories are going to be added to this contest; if there is enough demand though we might look into something for Wiring/Mechanical Builds next time.

Might make a remix if I can be bothered, but whatever I make will likely be so underground, hipster and experimental that the judges will grow scarves and start criticising everyone for listening to music with "melody" or "structure"

Might make a remix if I can be bothered, but whatever I make will likely be so underground, hipster and experimental that the judges will grow scarves and start criticising everyone for listening to music with "melody" or "structure"

Well, I AM a huge craft beer fan....but I do not have facial hair. So that either makes me Hip or a Ster, but not both.

Sorry, carry on. :p

I like how this is turning out. A lot of people have participated in the submission thread. I too will participate. Il give you a little hint of what it is. My survival character fighting the final boss.

Hiya, I'm a man of many names but you ought to call me "Led." I've been playing for 1 or 2 years, but I've never decided to join this forum; however, a chance to prove myself in the form of art and a possible prize of $50 is plenty of motivation to be here. I've got a younger brother floating around somewhere on this forum, and he may or may not reveal himself.
I've decided on doing a cover of The Goblin Invasion theme. The more musicians that pop up, the more discouraged I become, but that's not gonna stop me. You best believe I'm coming at you with the best I've got.

So i was thinking of doing a video, but I'm afraid 2 minutes won't be enough to show off the entirety of this massive creation I'm working on. That amount of time seems reasonable for a boss fight, but what I'm doing requires explanation and demonstration of 4 different major topics. What happens if it's more than 2 minutes? Will i be disqualified?

Debating whether I should enter this or not...
For reasons of, one, I'll be absolutely trampled by everyone, and for two, I don't have a huge amount of free time.
Heh.

So i was thinking of doing a video, but I'm afraid 2 minutes won't be enough to show off the entirety of this massive creation I'm working on. That amount of time seems reasonable for a boss fight, but what I'm doing requires explanation and demonstration of 4 different major topics. What happens if it's more than 2 minutes? Will i be disqualified?

If they're judging it the same way as literature, they will simply stop watching after two minutes (or two and a half, I don't know how lenient the judges will be, my guess is "somewhat"), so anything after that will not be seen, and therefore not be judged.

But don't hold me to this.

You know, even though I entered something in the art category I don't expect to win at all. In fact, I'm pretty sure I know who's going to win in that category. I'm kind of just waiting to see if my predictions are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom