What is the most useless item in Terraria to you?

Ore swords, like the gold/platinum, lead/iron, silver/tungsten swords and stuff
Only ore swords I'd use are Light's Bane and the Blood Butcherer to make the Night's Edge and its upgrades.

Ankh Shield. By the time you get this item you have sufficiently experienced all of the enemies that inflict the debuffs this accessory prevents. In other words, nothing past the mech bosses inflicts these debuffs. The only enemies that this thing could help you with are enemies you've had to kill quite a bit of already in order to get the damn item to begin with.

Its not useless its just overrated, its a pretty useful accessory for some players.
When would it be useful? The only enemies that inflict said debuffs are the enemies that drop the items. You've already dealt with plenty of these enemies by the time you get this item. Why would you need to kill more of them in a normal playthrough?

People who want every item in the game, People who farm for keymolds, and especially people who hate annoying debuffs.

The cane weapon the tax collector sometimes drops upon death. Although it’s probably meant to be a joke, it’s still utterly useless.

People who want every item in the game, People who farm for keymolds, and especially people who hate annoying debuffs.
All of these are pretty rare cases, truth be told.

I specifically mentioned a normal playthrough; it's up to each player what that is, but for most people I doubt an all-items playthrough is normal. Also, keymolds are not a thing anymore; Biome keys are, but if you're grinding for a Biome key then you're probably not having trouble with those enemies. Lastly, the debuffs really aren't too bad to begin with. Confused is obviously life-or-death, but very, very few enemies can actually inflict that on the player. The debuffs that you ACTUALLY need to look out for like Withered Armor/Weapon, Ichor, Cursed Flames, obstructed, blackout, and plenty more that actually have noticeable effects are completely ignored by this item.

Last edited:
Ankh Shield. By the time you get this item you have sufficiently experienced all of the enemies that inflict the debuffs this accessory prevents. In other words, nothing past the mech bosses inflicts these debuffs. The only enemies that this thing could help you with are enemies you've had to kill quite a bit of already in order to get the damn item to begin with.
It could be kept in vanity to swap on and clear debuffs against exactly three enemies: giant cursed skulls, with their guaranteed 7 seconds of curse, necromancers with an attack that is bull:red: to dodge and inflicts slowed for some time, and ice queens who give chilled for a little bit too long during an event that requires movement.

Emphasis on **could**. As it stands now, it is not in any sense of the word worth the grind for such a specific niche, and I’ve only gotten all but one of the materials for it before Plantera on accident once ever. And like I said earlier in this thread, it was helpful to keep in vanity then, but like Cell Phone also is imo, it’s crippled by the grind. I’m not obsessing over Ankh Shield just to make 3 enemies slightly easier.

Last edited:
Really!?! I hate re-logic and they're stupid nerfs, this is why older terraria is better.
They also buffed Terra Blade significantly to make up for the tier shift. Makes sense in my opinion. Terra Blade is supposed to feel like a journey, makes sense for it to be powerful.

Back
Top Bottom