Votes: 53 57.0%
  • Crimson

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • Corruption

Votes: 49 52.7%

• Total voters

Tel

Terrarian
Hi all! I'm plotting and planning a new Home Sweet Home map and am trying to decide what world type to go with this time. What type of world do you prefer? Maybe you only like small or medium crimson worlds, maybe you don't care about crimson/corruption but it has to be large - I want to know!

Choose as many as you like. Bonus points for telling me why! Also: Any features you just can't live without? You can pry my mushroom and herb farms from my cold, dead hands...

There are so many factors! Hmm.

-Large
-Corruption
-No Corruption in Jungle
-No Corruption between Beach and Dungeon
-Blue or Green Dungeon
-Enough building room between Beach and Dungeon (higher slime spawns it seems, king slime, and dungeon makes good biome barrier if going hardmode)
-Background doesn't have the giant 1.1 trees, so we can see the pretty new backgrounds
-Moon is the little one with the ring, I think it's cute
-Copper, Iron, Silver, Gold/Platinum world
-If in hardmode, Cobalt, Mythril/Orichalcum, Adamantite for building world, for progression Palladium, Orichalcum, and Titanium. (I think some of the originals have prettier ores)
-Relatively normal surface. E.g. no sudden sky high cliffs where the beach is.

I think that's it? :dryadconfused:

Last edited:
-Large
-Crimson
-Blue Dungeon
-Spawn isn't near Snow
-Spawn has lots of trees and is flat
-No giant 1.1 tree background (I hate it!)
-No sudden cliffs
-No Crimson separating the Jungle into parts
-Ocean near Jungle
-Jungle on left, dungeon on right
-Copper, Iron, Silver/Tungsten, Gold/Platinum
-Cobalt, Mythril/Orichalcum, Titanium
-Hallow is closer to spawn than Crimson
-Underground Desert is in a far away Desert

Incoming!

-Large
-Corruption
-Blue Dungeon
-Snow, dungeon and Corruption to the right, desert, jungle and Hallow to the left
-Spawn is relatively flat, lots of trees, a nice lake
-No corruption near the jungle
-Original 1.0 trees
-Copper, Iron, Silver, Platinum
-Cobalt, Mythril, Adamantite
-Another patch of Hallow fighting with the Corruption
-No spreading biomes near the ocean
-Moon is the nice white moon
-No sudden cliffs or other oddities
-A single sword shrine with an Arkhalis
-Underground Desert should be in the only desert, to the west, before the Jungle. (maybe a smaller desert near the Corruption)
-Corruption shouldn't be too ugly, mostly flat.
-The Hardmode V should have Hallow to the left and Corruption to the right.
-Lihzahrd Temple should be in the direct center of the Underground Jungle.
-Plenty of living trees, including a huge one near spawn
-A single pyramid in the main desert

Last edited:
Well, I usually stick to small so I don't have to run around everywhere, but now that Fishron can enrage out of the ocean, I might make a large world for that.

As for Crimson/Corruption, there are a couple factors:
Corruption has the Vilethorn and Band of Starpower early game, the Scourge, and apparently a Toxicarp which I know nothing about.
Crimson has some good weapons early-game, a variety of ways (including the Bladetongue and spell book) of inflicting Ichor (Love the +10 damage), Vampire Knives, and the Fetid Baghnakhs.

I usually prefer Crimson, but I usually make two worlds for every character anyway, so I can get stuff like Wrath AND Rage potions, while having a way of inflicting Ichor.

Let me put it very specifically.

- Large world. I need all that building room in the sky.
- Corruption world. Must be purple grass and green fire!
- Dungeon must be blue brick and on the right (thus jungle is on the left and snow is on the right).
- No Corruption on the ocean side of the Dungeon. Keep it clean!
- Metal preferences: Copper, Lead, Tungsten, Gold, Palladium, Mythril, Adamantite.
- Would prefer lake or floating island background for pure overworld.
- Moon with ring, please!
- No tree preferences.
- Won't care if pyramids or living trees are absent.
- Need a demon altar relatively close to the center.
- No other preferences on how the world gets structured.

Unfortunately without a world editor getting that very specific combination tends to be very difficult, so I'll settle for different backgrounds and some different metals. Just never Titanium. I want my super-furnace to be naturally red.

- Large world.
- Crimson, but Corruption is fine too.
- A pyramid or any good place (like an enchanted sword shrine).
- No problems with spreading Crimson/Corruption on my spawn.
- Ores: Copper, Lead, Tungsten, Platinum.
- Hardmode Ores: Palladium, Orichalcum, Adamantite.
- Not too many giant hills that make travelling harder.
- Demon/Crimson Altars close to the spawn.

-Large world
-Either biome, I make multiple worlds for every character to get the necessary loot anyways.
-a pyramid or two, with the sandstorm and hopefully also the magic carpet (who cares about the vanity)
-at least 1 giant tree, with both wands and a loom (I loooove me some treehouses)
-an interesting background - no endless giant trees
-hopefully no crimruption past the dungeon, since it is such a great biome blocker and having at least one pure ocean is nice
-Any ores are fine, but is nice if they are all in the same set (all originals or all alternate ores, no mixing)
-If there are two giant trees, put them close to each other so that they can block biome spread into a decent house area

and most importantly:
no crimruption inside the god :red: jungle. Conservation is hard enough without worrying about threats from the inside too.

It took me about two hours to find the perfect generation that I required for my 1.3 world. It was worth the wait though because I managed to get a large world with corruption all on one side of the world, and the non jungle-side too, thankfully.

I don't have any specific preference between corruption and crimson or the different ores, but the most important thing for me is the location of the snow biome. I require a massive distance between the snow biome and any desert or small section of sand. So many beautiful worlds have been sent to the fiery depths of the recycle bin because there was a tiny bit of sand near the snow. Sometimes worlds generate with the desert and snow biomes actually touching each other. Such foul, warped abominations need to be destroyed.

Small, so I can manage my entire world easily and build everywhere. I play solo, so don't need anything more.
Crimson
Massive Jungle with at least 2-3 hives
As much Shroom Biome as possible, naturally to start
A pyramid
Circular dungeon, one that loops upon itself is fantastic
lots of those little foresty island/cliff things attached to the earth by a bio-appropriate wall that simply cry to be built on (I'm an "each NPC gets their own abode" kinda gal)
Surface lakes surrounded by high cliffs/peaks- bridges, lots & lots of bridges
Deep oceans with decent beaches (some can simply be so silly, heh)
At least one BIGtree, though two at the edges of my main forest biome would be stellar!
At least 2 small sky-islands with houses, and a third that's only a lake.

Last edited:
My Ideal world MUST have these Requiremets
-a Medium world so I have enough room to build and for it to not take SO LONG to travel the entire world
-Corruption because I find the Eow easer then Boc
-a spawn with lots of trees and a cave nearby + chests help
-Corruption NOT near spawn
-A BIGGG jungle with about 3 hives or above
-a Ocean with lots of Ocean chests!
-3-4 Floating Islands
-1 or 2 Deserts Temple's
-A Medium sized dungeon
-Big Lizhard Temple
-an Underworld with Lots of Houses

This Is what my Ideal world would be! :happy::D:)

My Ideal world includes these factors

-Medium/Large
-Corruption, mainly because Worm Scarf and preference of Cursed Weapons and Torches over Ichor, but I'm fine with either.
-At least One Living Tree
-Ice Biome being easy to get to and being large enough (Its where I make my base normally)
-Having enough chests in the lower Cavern level (Where lava is and Background turns to the old Underworld backgrounds, better chance for Lava Charm this way)
- A large Dungeon with many areas to explore.
-No Corruption/Crimson spawning right on top of Jungle during World Gen
-At Hardmode, Hallow spawns on Jungle Side of the World, and Corruption spawns on Ice side.
-At least 1 Aglet that can be found in a surface chest (Not as important now since I found out they can also be fished)
-Having at least 1 natural Sky Lake close to the Ice Biome (So I don't need to create an artificial one for Fishing)
-Mushroom Biome Near the Cave System I'm exploring (I always create artificial surface mushroom biomes to harvest mushrooms for building materials and need seeds for it)
-Platinum Ore over Gold Ore (Easier to craft diamond staff this way)
-Tungsten ore over Silver Ore (Because slightly better defense and Silver/Tungsten are my go to armors during early game due to easy of finding the ore)
-Granite Biome near my Cave System and Marble not as close (I like Granite as building materials, and hate Marble enemies)
-Hell having plenty of houses and shadow chests
-Enough of the 3rd tier hardmode ore to make finding it not as painful.
-Plenty of Chloro (Chlorophyte) to find in the Jungle
-At least 4 Bee Hives (So I can easily try again if I fail one without crafting the summoning item)

It would be awesome for my main world to have all of these things, but I will roll with anything the World Generator throws at me.

-Large World
-Crimson
-No Crimson in Jungle
-No Crimson in Snow Biome
-Relatively flat spawn area
-Caves a plenty
-Crimson on both sides of the world
-Crimson must be away from spawn but not too far away
-3 or 4 floating islands
-No huge cliffs or hills

I think that's all :)

My ideal world doesn't require anything much cause I know how to deal with it!
-usually small or medium.
-If it have very obstacle dark biome on both side then it not my ideal world.

I can deal with any :red:ed up worldgen.

Well yesterday a large corruption world was winning by a mile, but crimson and medium are catching up!

Other things people have mentioned that seem to be common: no obnoxious cliffs, a clean ocean by the dungeon, and not many people seem to like tin!

Since I'm asking all this to make a base on an otherwise untouched world for download I have a question for the people answering small/medium. If transportation to the various biomes was easier would you be ok with a large world?

If transportation to the various biomes was easier would you be ok with a large world?

The reason why I can deal with large worlds is that I just build a nice world-spanning minecart track somewhat high up and a couple stopping stations to mark important locations.With Mechanical Cart it ends up being the fastest way to get across the map without teleportation.

I don't care for long walks, the better the chance for more loot and surfaced ores, I once found a GIANT resource of platinum and silver on the surface. Also Crimson I prefer so I can kill the EoC and get the Blood Butcherer, which is superior to the Light's Bane.

large
corruption
blue dungeon on left, jungle on right
all the old ores
no ice in my heckevator
the original tree textures
the background with the rocks and floating islands
the small moon texture with the rings
the leafy corruption background

yeah, i'm pretty picky. can't wait for terracustom to update!

-Medium
-Crimson because I Like Red and Black Colors and Ichor > Cursed Flames
-No Crimson near Jungle or Beach
-Lots of Lakes
-Not too much Mountains
-The "Mountains & Lake" Background
-For Pre-Hardmode ores, Platinum (The others, well, i never mine them)
-For Hardmode ores, Palladium, Orichalcum and Titanum
-Hallow on Spawn, so Evil wont spread there
-No Evil on Winter Biome
-Classic Trees, on Purity and on Winter
-Open Jungle Underground so I wont need to dig everywhere
-Tons of Crimson Altars
-Dungeon blocking Evil spread
-Moon with Ring

Back
Top Bottom