• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

Which Mechanical Boss is the Hardest?

Which Mechanical Boss is the Hardest?

• The Twins

Votes: 149 47.8%
  • The Destroyer

Votes: 56 17.9%
  • Skeletron Prime

Votes: 65 20.8%
  • They're all both pretty hard.

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • They're all both pretty easy.

Votes: 34 10.9%

• Total voters

whoneedsnamestbh

Eye of Cthulhu
That's just untrue. It's objectively better.
The difference is that Eye of Cthulhu has nothing else to attack you with when it chain dashes meaning you can run away in one direction while with Spazmatism you have to worry about Retinazer’s attacks.

Unless of course you kill Retinazer first, but I usually kill Spazmatism first anyway because second phase Spaz + first phase Ret is much more manageable than the other eay around.

I think Skeletron Prime can be defeated easily with a strategy.
First shoot the Lazer arm. Then circle around the boss like Plantera and aim for the head(If you're ranger or mage.) Melee and summoners, run in a straight line.

TerrariaOn3DS

Eater of Worlds
it took me until last year to be able to beat the twins on old-gen. the others were beaten repetatively, but not the twins...

it took me until last year to be able to beat the twins on old-gen. the others were beaten repetatively, but not the twins...
This. On my first proper playthrough of the game I was gifted a Legendary Keybrand at the start, which carried me all the way to Plantera. The Twins were the first boss I couldn't beat within a few tries. I just kept dying to the Cursed Inferno over and over again because I had no ranged options and was too stupid to change my loadouts.

BuffIing

Skeletron Prime
Assuming you're talking about true melee, definitely. Otherwise, Spazmatism's second phase is extremely easy because he moves extremely slowly when using his flamethrower and his dashes are pathetic.
He's a genuine threat on the 3DS version because the viewing distance on that version is small enough that he can flamethrower you from offscreen. (I assume that's why they treat him like the harder twin)

I Like Cats

Terrarian
deystroyer is hard, an kills tons of npcs, but with a stormbow and holy arrows (wich are easy to find, if you know how) you can mow it down easily. the twins are also really hard but with a good arena, and knowledge of wich is wich a melee or ranger build (provided with ichor flasks or bullets/arrows) can prolly take it down. i hate to say SKTP is the hardest, but to be real, he has no real weakness to exploit ( to my knowledge) and even a well built arena wont help you dodge his attacks without god wings or a dash, both of wich you do no really have at that stage, (you typically upgrade out of SOC for other shields or a glove) so even though he is a realitivly simple boss his strange mechanics combined with a lack of weakness make him the hardest boss for unskilled pvp-ers like myself.

TerrariaOn3DS

Eater of Worlds
Ichor, he is weak against ichor. and target the limbs first, starting with laser, then chainsaw, then vice, then cannon, then skull.

Dreadnautilus5000

Brain of Cthulhu
Ichor, he is weak against ichor. and target the limbs first, starting with laser, then chainsaw, then vice, then cannon, then skull.
Don't kill all the limbs, because that will make the fight unnecessarily longer. Just take out the laser, and perhaps the vice, then target the skull.

TerrariaOn3DS

Eater of Worlds
destroying the limbs lowers the skulls defence, hit him with Ichor after that any you have a weak sitting duck to slaughter in a few seconds.

whoneedsnamestbh

Eye of Cthulhu
destroying the limbs lowers the skulls defence, hit him with Ichor after that any you have a weak sitting duck to slaughter in a few seconds.
That’s only normal Skeletron in Expert/Master. With Skeletron Prime, the head’s defense is always the same and it’s more realistic to just target the head always, especially because you might not have time to take out the limbs due to how tanky the boss is.

TerrariaOn3DS

Eater of Worlds
you've got it backwards, unless expert mode did some weird stuff to skeleboi.
But Skeletron Prime loses defence per every hand killed.

Top Bottom