• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

Which Mechanical Boss is the Hardest?

Which Mechanical Boss is the Hardest?

• The Twins

Votes: 149 47.8%
  • The Destroyer

Votes: 56 17.9%
  • Skeletron Prime

Votes: 65 20.8%
  • They're all both pretty hard.

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • They're all both pretty easy.

Votes: 34 10.9%

• Total voters

Bed_breaker117

The Destroyer
For me skeletron prime is so hard.I can't seem to deal any damage to him without killing all the arms! But when I don't all his arms end up killing me

Rgmemo

Terrarian
Twins, I guess. Combination of speed, damage and pressure makes them the mech boss I have to pay most attention to. I almost always play melee so the primary danger of the Destroyer (laser spam) is partially negated by high defense, with the only real threat coming from potential stunlocking if you're surrounded by enough probes and lasers. As for Skeletron Prime, while it takes the longest to kill due to the small hitbox and erratic, avoidant movement, it doesn't present much danger either.

terrarian10

Skeletron
The Twins Except Everyone says spaz is annoying when for me: Spaz is just a guard stopping retz from getting harmed. Spaz is also very easy to dodge with wings and an arena, only the debuff is dangerous while retanizer on the other hand is a flippin laser machinegun...

And I cannot even kill them with a post plantera aresenal on mobile :(

BuffIing

Skeletron Prime
The Twins Except Everyone says spaz is annoying when for me: Spaz is just a guard stopping retz from getting harmed. Spaz is also very easy to dodge with wings and an arena, only the debuff is dangerous while retanizer on the other hand is a flippin laser machinegun...

And I cannot even kill them with a post plantera aresenal on mobile :(
Spazmatism is a pushover. Retinazer is the only mech that requires any brainpower to dodge.

Bed_breaker117

The Destroyer
I see you have never touched the ground when playing with him,his projectiles throw you off really easy.ALso he has reeeaaally fast dodging

BuffIing

Skeletron Prime
I see you have never touched the ground when playing with him,his projectiles throw you off really easy.ALso he has reeeaaally fast dodging
I do touch the ground, however I am literally off of the ground in 1 frame again because I actually use the frog leg. Even if I was on the ground it wouldn’t matter as his projectiles don’t throw me off because they are a) tiny, b) stupidly slow, and c) light themselves up so bright that you would have to be blind to miss them. His dashing is also tiny and pathetic in the first phase and in the second phase is literally just the eye of cthulhu’s expert dash but a billion times slower and I also have actual mobility by this point so even if it was as good as the eye of cthulhu’s dash it would still be easier to dodge.

BuffIing

Skeletron Prime
First of all his dash is 1000 times faster 2. His attack is not small
Have you seen the eye of cthulhu’s super dash in expert mode? He literally chains it at light speed. Plus in his first phase the only part of the projectile that can hit you is a tiny slow moving sphere, with the second phase one almost is like him locking himself in place for you to whale on him.

whoneedsnamestbh

Eye of Cthulhu
In all honesty, Spazmatism’s *first* phase is harder than his second. The fireballs can actually hit you because they’re usually being thrown against your movement and Spazmatism’s ability to lock onto your movement makes it easy to run into him, while second phase Spazmatism just requires you to not be next to him and you’re fine. I get hit more often by his first phase than his second.

A tie between the Destroyer and The Twins.
The Destroyer is extremely fast, while he is slow at turning to the player, the probes kill you before you can attack. While the stormbow destroys him, the probes are a new thing to handle. The Lazer spam also is too overpowered, especially in Master mode as the lasers do like, 200 damage.
The Twins are hard to handle because of the projectiles. One melee and one ranged, you can compare that to a single archer against an entire phalanx. The second arm of Spaz and Ret requires you to run very fast, and slowing down a little will kill you.

Dreadnautilus5000

Brain of Cthulhu
I think it's the Twins, because the others are pushovers.
The Destroyer is extraordinarily simple. You can either just fly back and forth, spamming a weapon that creates lots of projectiles such the Daedalus Stormbow or the Meteor Staff, or you get a piercing weapon and shoot down his body, destroying him in seconds. The laser spam may seem dangerous, but can be evaded easily by moving horizontally. The probes may be a problem if you let them become a big swarm, but they usually end up just being extra hearts.
Skeletron Prime is at least a bit more complicated to dodge than the Destroyer, but is still very easy. The saw is extremely easy to dodge, you can just ignore it. The vice is a bit more dangerous, but it still barely poses a threat. The cannon is deadly if you actually run into the explosions, but if you build the right arena and have the right mobility, the bombs won't be able to get near you. The laser is the only arm that actually poses a threat, but can be destroyed quickly. The head is a joke, because it doesn't even attack you part of the time, and the rest of the time it charges at you, which can be dodged by simply moving backward.
The Twins, in my experience, are trickier than the other mech bosses, but are still somewhat easy. Spazmatism's flame balls can be dodged by just moving up and down, but can still be run into accidentally because of their slow speed. In his second phase, he moves extremely slowly with the flamethrower active, so you can just back up slowly, and his charges can be avoided by flying up and down. Retinazer's first phase is pathetic, because he infrequently shoots lasers, but his second phase can be pretty difficult, because of how fast he fires his lasers.

honestly its hard to tell but retinazer is harder than spazmatism, the twins ai is so predictable that it isnt really a challenge most of the time but retinazar is harder to dodge

Top Bottom