tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
How... I am speechless.

Plz, @Scooterboot9697 and @Empio code for my mod :p

jokes, but still i would cry if you did :D
It's not how many lines in a code that determines you as a "really good coder"...
It's actually how many things you can efficiently squeeze into a lower amount of lines. Anyone who can code something really complex in a really low amount of lines is considerably good at coding, in my opinion. Hehe.

It's not how many lines in a code that determines you as a "really good coder"...
It's actually how many things you can efficiently squeeze into a lower amount of lines. Anyone who can code something really complex in a really low amount of lines is considerably good at coding, in my opinion. Hehe.
I can see what you are saying, being a coder myself, however I only understand little bits of C#!

:D

Uuhhh, I got a problem, whenever I open my inventory I get absolutely insane lag, is there any way to fix this?

Uuhhh, I got a problem, whenever I open my inventory I get absolutely insane lag, is there any way to fix this?
computerBAM.gif

You too? Pumpking had this same problem. I'm in the process of looking into it.

In the meantime, what are all of the mods you're using? Maybe it's a mod conflict...

I SAW THIS AND JUMPED FOR JOY OH MY GOD!
The beam.combination stuff looks
sweet, and all the new stuff made it worth the wait.
Congrats man!

I found out the problem to the lag.
I had this snippet of code in PreUpdate, in MPlayer.cs:
Code:
            for (int i = 0; i < P.adjTile.Length; i++)
            {
                P.oldAdjTile[i] = P.adjTile[i];
                P.adjTile[i] = false;
            }
I put this in to try and fix tAPI's bug with crafting stuff at custom tiles. It worked, but it was too much on your hardware.
I tried a workaround that was suppose to work with only my custom crafting tile:
Code:
                int i = TileDef.byName["MetroidMod:NovaWorkTableTile"];
                P.oldAdjTile[i] = P.adjTile[i];
                P.adjTile[i] = false;
The lag is gone, but I'm still getting weird bugs with the Nova Worktable. I will update my mod as soon as I figure this out.

Edit: As to what caused the lag, my theory is it had something to do with seeing your crafting interface-section after opening the inventory. Since I had that ^ for loop going on, it lagged down the game, not because you opened your inventory, but because you could see the crafting section...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom