tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated!
(Version 2.0 r2)
Fixes bug that would cause heavy lag when opening your inventory

Well, that was a bit of a hassle. I hope everyone can enjoy this mod now.
This update reduced the size from 32 megabytes to 18 megabytes, that must have been a BIG problem!

Why in the name of sanity is Phantoon a post-Plantera boss when it has less health than the eye of Cthulhu?
Ectoplasm is needed to make the summoning item, which is found in the hardmode dungeon, only activating when you kill Plantera.
Seriously, either increase the health or make it summonable earlier.

Last edited:
But why shine potion's for morph ball?.
Because... the Morph Ball glows...?
Yeah, I'm still trying to balance out the recipes...

The grappling beam will crash my game.
Oh yeah, I need to list that bug. However, it only crashes if you have Smart Cursor active... assuming you're getting the error I think you're getting.

This update reduced the size from 32 megabytes to 18 megabytes, that must have been a BIG problem!
It actually wasn't that big of a problem. The reason for the reduced size is because I left my unused wave bank file in there, which I was going to use for custom music, although I could never get it to work. So, I simply took it out and it reduced the file size. Herpy derp.

Why in the name of sanity is Phantoon a post-Plantera boss when it has less health than the eye of Cthulhu?
Ectoplasm is needed to make the summoning item, which is found in the hardmode dungeon, only activating when you kill Plantera.
Seriously, either increase the health or make it summonable earlier.
A: I forgot about the fact that Ectoplasms spawn after Plantera. I'll look into it.
B: I think Phantoon's health is viable, considering he can only be damaged when his eye is open. And he doesn't always have it open...

Can you make it so that the armcannon doesn't cost mana when you have the full suit?.
Definitely overpowered, as Joost8910 said. However, each suit does have a significant decrease in overall mana cost, although I'm beginning to think that might be a bit overpowered as well...

My biggest problem right now is balancing everything. I'm thinking about eliminating mana cost from the beams, and introducing some kind of "over heat" system for them... I'm open to suggestions, though.

I just found out that another mod I had was conflicting with it, it works now :)

Edit: If you were wondering it's the Thorium+ mod that was conflicting
It should be noted that every custom key in my mod is configurable in the mod options menu...
11839533099027267584_2015-04-18_00001.png

Sorry, I'm new to modded terraria.
It's fine. I'm sure a lot of people don't know too much about mod options...

Edit: I added information about mod options on the first page. Should be helpful for newcomers who don't read these posts. Hehe.

Last edited:
Time to report bugs!
2015-04-18_00007.jpg

Purely graphical, taking off the morphball accessory while in morphball causes you to turn into this glitch morphball sprite, behaves like player out of morphball

2015-04-18_00009.jpg

Un-morphballing clips you into the wall when up against it, allowing you to walk through one-block thick walls.

2015-04-18_00006.jpg

The Blue suit glitch returns from Super Metroid! It's performed differently, taking of the speed booster while speed sprinting. It does rapid damage to enemies but you can't shinespark in this state.

2015-04-18_00008.jpg

Variant of the previous glitch, the Gold Suit glitch! Performed by taking off the speed booster while shinesparking. The Gold suit oddly causes the power beam(above) and the missile launcher(below) to infinitely fire at insane speeds; they must have something in the charge slot for that to happen. Note the negative missile amount below caused by this glitch. You will be stuck firing in the direction you first aim, regardless of where you point after; unless you have another addon other than charge on the power beam. Putting the speed booster back on causes you to resume shinesparking.

2015-04-18_00010.jpg

All of these glitches end by exiting and returning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom