Worst Game You've Played

If you played regularly through Sonic 06 you were still BOUND to reach a glitch at one point. That's the second worst game for me though, because the game had so much potential.

A game I think was the worst was Adventure Quest Worlds. My friend Joon showed me this game, and I got addicted to it for the first two months of gameplay, until I noticed it just requires way too much farming and it got incredibly boring.

I usually don't run into games that are bad because if a majority of people say it's not good, why waste my time then?

If you played regularly through Sonic 06 you were still BOUND to reach a glitch at one point. That's the second worst game for me though, because the game had so much potential.

A game I think was the worst was Adventure Quest Worlds. My friend Joon showed me this game, and I got addicted to it for the first two months of gameplay, until I noticed it just requires way too much farming and it got incredibly boring.

I usually don't run into games that are bad because if a majority of people say it's not good, why waste my time then?

I can only really agree with this. While the farming wasn't so bad in my opinion, the story went to crap.
I played that game for around 2 years straight, and they were really going somewhere with it, and then it just died, and it seemed like they had no idea how to end the story so they just came up with some random crap, and apparently for the last two years they've gone nowhere with it.
Oh, and it doesn't help that most of the "friendly" community it had before I had to take a break from it is now gone, replaced with jerks ;-;

Fable III.

Everything that made the first Fable unique, innovative and overall great had been taking out and filled with generic RPG stuff, as well as the ridiculous Windows Live plugs Microsoft jammed into it after they bought Lionhead Studios. Story nor gameplay nor quality allow it to be part of the franchise.
Thanks for reminding me of F3....Jesus was that game trash, I'll rather play a boring board game for 2+ hours, by myself that's not a singleplayer game.

Cl4$h of Clans-requires you to be an extremely hardcore player to enjoy it, and the community on yt for the game reduced any good content there to about none.

The new Mighty No. 9 game is really bad, not the worst but considering what was promised it feels like a goddamn slap to the face for any Megaman fan who only wanted to play a Megaman-ish game once more. Instead we got a lackluster game that somehow even with a 3 Million budget manage to be trash in every single aspect from gameplay to graphics to level design the only thing I can say that isn't totally trash is the soundtrack where there's 3? maybe 4 tracks that I like then the rest is just either forgettable or ear-bleeding. If MMX 7 was the start of the franchises decline MN9 was what killed any hopes for a successor happening in the near future.

The new Mighty No. 9 game is really bad, not the worst but considering what was promised it feels like a goddamn slap to the face for any Megaman fan who only wanted to play a Megaman-ish game once more. Instead we got a lackluster game that somehow even with a 3 Million budget manage to be trash in every single aspect from gameplay to graphics to level design the only thing I can say that isn't totally trash is the soundtrack where there's 3? maybe 4 tracks that I like then the rest is just either forgettable or ear-bleeding. If MMX 7 was the start of the franchises decline MN9 was what killed any hopes for a successor happening in the near future.

Worth noting that the whole game (every single bit of content) is just a paltry 2-3 hours long, while the game's credit reel is 4 FLIPPING HOURS because of all the backers.

Mega Man games in general, or at least the Classic series, tend to be very short. Mega Man 2, for example, can easily be beaten within an hour. Given the style that MN9 was supposed to imitate, I wouldn't be surprised nor or would I be disappointed that MN9 was along the leagues of 2-3 hours.
It is highly probable that something really bad happened internally during development and Infaume ran out of money or something along the lines of it because of said problem. I have no idea what happened or anything, but it probably happened after the demo was released. While Infamue is the lead dev, he has hired other people to do some of the work, like the guys who were behind the awful trailer (presumably hired because he was running out of money).

MineBlocks...it's the demo version af a combination of Minecraft and Terraria. Yes, it has gotten better (Although I don't play it because I own both Minecraft and Terraria), but the reason why this game was terrible is because of it's wide array of bugs...dear lord it had thirty times more bugs than the mushroom and spider biome combined...everytime you enter water, lag lag lag...UN BEARABLE LAG! There was one bug that was fun to exploit however, placing rope directly below a block and climbing it would cause you to slowly go through the block and rocket you up in the air. Now, the game is better, and even for someone who has Minecraft and Terraria, it is not a bad game to play. It is really shocking how much effort the developer put into it.

But for real, Quantum Break.
[doublepost=1467148557,1467148359][/doublepost]
Cat Mario.
what are you talking about? It is the best game of the millennium! Oh wait, the millennium started not too long ago.
I all seriousness, Cat Mario is a fantastic game if you want a quick laugh at how GOD AWEFUL IT IS

Maluch Racer 2 for PC.

It's a :red:ty Polish racing game, where you can barely drive for 3 seconds without hitting a wall.

It's really hard to complete any race in the game, because you will either constantly crash into walls because of the :red:ty controls, or the AI of the other racers will crash into you all of the time if you somehow avoid walls like the plague.

Also the soundtrack is full of terrible disco tracks which you can't even mute.

0/1, better than Bad Rats.

People consider Resident Evil 5/6 to be really bad because they don't follow the survival-horror style, but out of every game I have played (I know Dragon's Lair is bad but haven't played it), I'd say Resident Evil Outbreak on PS2.
It is damn hard to get through the levels. The infection meter doesn't allow to search for guns or green plants (yup, that's some good stuff) since we most likely want to end the level ASAP to avoid turning into an infected.
We don't know the exact health of everyone, it is only shown with 3 colors (Mass effect, anyone ?) on an awful-looking inventory screen.
I'm not talking about the controls, coupled with very questionable camera angles at some points...
I didn't finish the game, I stopped at level 2, I think.

Destiny.

The game was hyped up like crazy, but at launch it was basically the same areas you'd play a hundred times, but backwards some of the time. The look controls felt clunky and jumpy, and lacked that polished feel you find in other shooters. Overall, it just didn't hold my attention like it should have. I relegated it to the shelf after a few days of owning it, and haven't played since.

Um... Anything to add? Cause, you know, most people consider Shovel Knight to be a pretty good game.
it's like playing terraria with no accessories and not being able to move while attacking with a copper shortsword as your only weapon

the pixel art is eye-bleeding

it is way too easy to destroy a checkpoint/reset all monsters in an area

The game is built around those abilities though, that's not really a valid complaint. Not sure about that other stuff...
Nah, there are plenty of non-static areas which begs for the ability to move while attacking (such as that bouncy beetle thing).

The game is also chock-full of multiple puzzle things before being able to reach a save, death gold being spread out in an inaccessible place, and all sorts of other ridiculous stuff.

On top of that, the gameplay loop isn't that fun (press attack, jump, maybe press down once in a while, repeat), and the accessories feel un-needed (except for the gamebreaker invulnerable mirror thing).

Oh, and it reminds me of parkour maps.

*cough* I like AQW at the moment.....

Real talk, I take my statement about that :red:ty DSiWare game back. Rock Band 4 is the worst game I've ever played. What an absolute betrayal of a game that was. Horrible setlist filled with :red:ty songs nobody's ever heard of (makes sense since Harmonix is now an independent studio, so grabbing rights to songs is balls harder than it was during the RB3 days), only about eh, five or six good songs like Panama by Van Halen and what have you. The models for the musicians and stuff are sort of creepy, very lackluster character customization and the biggest casualty (if you'd call it that) was that it put Mad Catz out of business.

Need I say how bad they messed up in the peripheral department? The drum kit that you got with it was AIDS, dropped notes, bad hit registry, the kick pedal overhit tons of times, the cymbals could miss notes and for PS4 players like me, we got absolutely shafted when it comes to firmware support for the damn thing. I don't really play guitar in those games or sing or whatever, but the guitar peripheral is literally the only thing from that game that's still in my room, the drum kit I moved out into the living room. It's a reminder of what could have been.

Now RB4 is somewhat better with the Rivals expansion, of which you have to PAY FOR THE INSTRUMENTS AGAIN, albeit they're now manufactured by PDP and most of the problems have been addressed. But I just don't give a :red: to shell out the money a second time.

it's like playing terraria with no accessories and not being able to move while attacking with a copper shortsword as your only weapon

the pixel art is eye-bleeding

it is way too easy to destroy a checkpoint/reset all monsters in an area

If you're the sort of person to compare Shovel Knight to Terraria, you probably shouldn't be in this thread, because you obviously haven't played very many games besides Terraria. Pretty much everyone compares Shovel Knight to games like Mega Man, Castlevania, or Zelda II, not Terraria....

Besides, most of your problems likely stem from the fact that Shovel Knight would feel weird after playing nothing but Terraria- there are many, many games that don't let you move while attacking, to the point where such a thing is never really considered a flaw.

( I know this feeling myself- back when I was playing with my DS many moons ago, I played a :red:ton of Kirby Super Star Ultra and decided to go back to New Super Mario Bros one day. I ended up shutting the game off, because the inability to hover felt weird as hell.)

Nah, there are plenty of non-static areas which begs for the ability to move while attacking (such as that bouncy beetle thing).

Did you get the Dust Knuckles?

Back
Top Bottom