Important Changes are coming to your forum

While you do this, could you please fix “these words were removed because they were either too long, too short, or to common:” it is extremely annoying.
Where are you seeing this? While searching?

The search indexing excludes short (< 4 chars) and common words for optimization; turning that off would cause a serious negative impact on the performance of the site. We aren't going to change that.

I've never seen an issue with a search sequence being too long, but I suppose it's possible and also probably related to search optimization.

For a site as active and with as much content as TCF has, search optimization is important and we don't want to mess with that.

UPDATE: We now have a date scheduled for this.

We have scheduled these updates to occur on 26 September 2019 at 9:00am GMT.

The site will be down for several hours starting at that time.
When this happens in your local time

IMPORTANT: There are two things to be aware of with this update. We regret any inconvenience these may cause.
  • We have noticed during testing that some avatar images were not correctly uploaded after the updates were applied. We have no way of knowing beforehand which avatars will be affected; the issue seems to be related to "unsupported color profile". We hope that this can be resolved simply by uploading your profile picture again. You may want to make certain now that you have access to a copy of your avatar.
  • As with the previous update, your choice for background theme will be reset to the default theme. You can simple reset it from the Style Chooser, found at the bottom left of the window. One good feature of this update is that there is no longer a need for a 'normal' and 'fixed width' version of each theme.
A note of curiousity/coincidence: this will be exactly 5 years to the day from the public debut of Terraria Community Forums.

We hope the bumps will be minimal and that the new features will be well worth it for you all.

Last edited:
UPDATE: We now have a date scheduled for this.

We have scheduled these updates to occur on 26 September 2019 at 9:00am GMT.

The site will be down for several hours starting at that time.

IMPORTANT: There are two things to be aware of with this update. We regret any inconvenience these may cause.
  • We have noticed during testing that some avatar images were not correctly uploaded after the updates were applied. We have no way of knowing beforehand which avatars will be affected; the issue seems to be related to "unsupported color profile". We hope that this can be resolved simply by uploading your profile picture again. You may want to make certain now that you have access to a copy of your avatar.
  • As with the previous update, your choice for background theme will be reset to the default theme. You can simple reset it from the Style Chooser, found at the bottom left of the window. One good feature of this update is that there is no longer a need for a 'normal' and 'fixed width' version of each theme.
A note of curiousity/coincidence: this will be exactly 5 years to the day from the public debut of Terraria Community Forums.

We hope the bumps will be minimal and that the new features will be well worth it for you all.
I for one definitely like this timing. Happens when Americans are asleep and I'm at school.

Whoo boy. I remember taking the necessary jump from Xenforo 1.4 to Xenforo 2.1. We had it all planned in advance. We lost our Wiki, and someone had to program our Blog plugin from scratch because there wasn't one available at the time. A lot of the "reaction" system functionality changed too, and we had to revert to just the ratings accumulated from the "Like" reaction alone. I'm glad that y'all were able to wait until the ideal time. It's not always the cleanest event, I know.

Godspeed, friends. May it be a quick, easy, and painless upgrade.

Thank goodness profile posts are going to be updated. They’ve needed one for a while now.

Also, I’ll be asleep when the forums are down, so no complaints from me about that

Last edited:
Any complaints wouldn't have meant anything anyway, people. :D It's not like you're paying for a service, so:

01395c59154fd456440da6fc14d719f1.jpg

Anyway, good luck on the 26th. Bring coffee, lots of coffee.

Mercy please! Everytime a site update's itself, it get's unusable on opera mini. I wish I be able to use TCF after update :(

Mercy please! Everytime a site update's itself, it get's unusable on opera mini. I wish I be able to use TCF after update :(

The new update works fine in Opera, it has also been tested in Edge, Chrome, and Firefox. No need to worry about this aspect.

Back
Top Bottom