CC Creation Compendium #24

darthmorf

Treederator
Staff member
index.php

index.php

Happy Easter!

Hello everyone, and welcome to the April Creation Compendium. Now the last two CCs have been a bit late, due to GDC and 'that'. But hopefully we should be back on schedule for May.

Now, a big thank you to Flor3nce2456 for creating our awesome new logo! Magnificent isn't it!

Remember, all entries for next month to be posted on QuackersDelta's profile. (Not in a pm)

Now, the entries!

divider.png

wAhBm6R.jpg

Thread link by popular request
Daimera

SlPLuRM.png

Terra Branford

VW10IiO.png

Arch-Mage Helti

2j5febr.jpg

Solaire NoScope

m2gDzTl.png

Xman101

f1RzhAJ.jpg

Baconfry

WtSCnwE.png

Zygomorph

index.php

Alexnpro

sTtOhLu.png

no, it's not Yrimir's, it's an updated version. Yrimir has approved it.

AndrewSF1

0uiyhVH.png

Shadow

CBbXMgf.png

Ziggyzagoo

Slimes (Slimus Annoyus)

index.php

The slime, of the Goop genus, is a common oddity in the Terraria realm. They are unrelenting bastards, or otherwise referred to as "kill the damn thing now before I lose my temper." Slimes over time have evolved into different variations and stages of biological advancement, this can include even the slightest of colour modification, to abnormal growth increase, to movement and combat pattern changes. Due to this factor we see many different variants of this creature but by far the most common is the traditional slime. A ball of persistent green goo. Many have fathomed about the composition of the slime but from general analysis it is concluded that the gelatinous origins of this creature are derived from passive critters, changed naturally; through adaptation and alimentation.

Slimes move in a strange pattern, often taking a small bit to move onto the next jump. There's actually a proper explanation to this, which ties into their breathing pattern. Their body of gel often moves around and messes up with their internal system, which manages to block up the respiratory organs. Whenever the slime breathes in, however, this clears up space to generate energy. So each time they jump, they need time to breathe in air, which will then, in turn, allow them to generate enough energy to jump. Because of said reason, the slime is considerably weak if not taking caution when moving. If the respiratory organs of a slime weren't blocked, their movement would be, in contrary, versatile and their attack would be doubled, if not, tripled. Many slimes have modified to in part solve this problem, and so are very dangerous.

Many categorical traits affect the outcome of the slimes color. This includes their dwelling, genetic hardening, and geographical climate. The main determining factors are habitat and environment. Luckily for that aforementioned reason, we can effectively determine these specifics just by color. The resulting green of the common slime is due to it's prey. One of the few wholly carnivorous slimes, the common slime's diet consists of passive critters. These critters feed on grass and many other plant substance. So the colour is a result of flora consumed by it's prey. Many other slime's colours are determined by similar environmental patterns.

divider.png

Green_Slime.png
Honeyed_Goggles.png

divider.png

Locating and Tracking:

Slimes, of course, are prevalent just about anywhere, so locating and tracking these creatures should be easy. However, there's always a twist to the story. Whilst some slimes may be passive and friendly, others will automatically be provoked at first sight. This is why locating and tracking can be difficult, because the creatures that are necessary to locate aren't going to obey at first command. All in all; the searching part for these balls of goo does have tie-ins with taming, but isn't as important.

Certain biomes contain different slimes, so travelling and venturing off to that specific biome is required, at least to find the correct type. This isn't necessarily a difficult task, but it's obligatory to know what might or might not happen in order to be successful. The colour and type of slime is determined by many factors, which should already be set in mind beforehand. There's also that, to keep in mind, whilst finding the slime can prove easy, having to keep prepared in case anything goes wrong is advised. Knowledge of the slime concerned is required before further advancing, due to the unpredictable outcomes of what just might happen next.

divider.png

Green_Slime.png
Heart.png

divider.png

Taming:

Pacifying these beasts is no simple task. The rugged, wild, and uncultured nature of any Terrarainly animal makes it difficult. First there is the work needed to locate and identify the type of slime aimed to catch. It is advised to always start small, so go for a lesser creature of small endurance. Once identified and located, it is required to study its behavioral patterns. Findings have led to specific slimes being easier to catch whilst eating. The common green slime prefers to eat small critters, but diets vary between types. Applying weight on the creature's top side allows no damage done to the beast but hinders it from moving. The pressure dealt collapses the respiratory system partially and renders the monster motionless. Of course the practicality of that method is limited and dangerous. Darts can prove a more feasible solution in said matter. A concoction of cobwebs and moonglow creates a power alchemical mixture for immobilizing slimes.

The moonglow serves as an agent to act as a catalyst and creates a chemical reaction when the mixture enters the body. When the ingredients come in contact with the slime's body the moonglow causes the cobweb to dissolve and enter the digestive system. It cannot be digested by the slime and its organs go into overdrive. The heart rate spikes and the lungs seize making for a simple capture.

However, there are also other means of incapacitation, it doesn't just end there. Yes, other concoctions involving alchemical plants do exist, but tends to work in the same way, just a little less effectively. This leads to the musical side of things. Low notes of the Harp can and will actually drop the slime into a state of sleepiness and render the slime stationary until you use methods of taming. If played at higher notes, the slime can fall into complete unconsciousness, too.

Once the sedation, or other methodical ways of immobilizing the slime, have been put to use, there's now the slime's love; its trust (and the key to its heart). This is something that is most definitely needed, to advance further. Feeding, amongst other motherly acts form a parental bond. Simple creatures like slimes are highly inclined to accept imprinting. That should cover most of the work on properly taming the creature, there isn't all that much else required, due to the slime's lesser resistance.

divider.png

Green_Slime.png
Iron_Broadsword.png

divider.png

Combat:

Agile, small, and mostly hostile slimes can prove a cunning foe in battle for those unprepared. Movement patterns have been studied extensively, armed with knowledge of these patterns we can be well equipped to face these opponents in fight. Going back to the movement pattern of a slime, if well trained, slimes can develop new combat methods and manoeuvres to further enhance their capability when it comes to fighting. This, of course, means modifying the respiratory organs inside a slime's gelatinous body beforehand. But that's something that most people never venture into.

Slimes have the remarkable and rather dangerous ability to assimilate with their environment and modify into the most desirable features of it. For example, the slimes of the glacial areas are far denser, larger and tougher to kill than most common green slimes as they have developed a genetic immunity to the cold weather and by that means have accumulated denser skin. As slimes age, they actually become more powerful, and the pigments within them become brighter as they have more sunlight exposure. However, underground slimes are so devoid of light that their once vibrant colors have deteriorated. Their vision glands have entirely dissipated so they rely on extremely honed sonar and scent making them much more receptive than a regular slime.

divider.png

Green_Slime.png
Sashimi.png

divider.png

Habitat and Alimentation:

Slimes spawn in biomes, that is correct, but it doesn't just stop there. There are important conditions that determine whether the slime can survive or not. If tamed, this can still be followed. To start, most importantly, the slimes will definitely need an area of inhabitation where there is air. If air can't reach their respiratory system, there's no hope of functionality. That's not all however. After having lived, developed, and later evolved in their respectful biomes, slimes are adapted to the air inside one particular biome, if not more. This means that if they are to continue surviving, they'll either need to adapt pretty quickly to a different biome, or stay in that select one.

The temperature of biomes differ, which should already be obvious. Low temperature areas like the Corruption and the Ice will get beyond freezing point if not careful. Then there are places like the Underworld and plain Forests, which will instead be warm, or melt all skin off a creature or player, that is. Temperature is a factor important to keep in mind when it comes to the slime's lifestyle and survival.

Onto alimentation and eating, now. Slimes, whilst following a relatively plain diet, can at times be mixed quite a bit. This is the strange part about different types of slimes, and is important to have right for the slime to survive. Again, this food correlates with the biome in which the specific slime lives in. Going back to the adaptation of the slime's internal system, after time this too has been adapted to. Lava slimes will find it difficult to change to a diet based on small critters and nutritious earth.

Most slimes just eat anything they see in sight that lives in their biome, and that they are experienced with. Critters are an important and easy source of food, if the slime doesn't get a good kill in, that is. This means that not only does it kill other animals to feast on, whilst there are also other sources of alimentation, they might even go against 'protocol' and provoke a creature of their own, respectful biome. Sometimes, this can lead to heated fights. However, they aren't simply restricted to their own kind, there is also the grass to feed on, but caution is always taken, as if a slime eats without knowledge of quite what, they might end up digesting a plant which they have an allergic reaction to.

Pixel, Teal & TheGoldenHawkster

rFtfvGh.png

Corrupt Guardian

project_heaven_by_noobiemcnoob-d8gf62v.png

NooblordBG

9RD5OEz.jpg

Luneria2

Kyle's Story
You may not know me, But I've been around.
Explored every cave and heard every sound!
All that this world had hidden I've found,
but I'm to be buried under this hallowed ground.
Because I'm old and not young like you,
So continue me on, my son, for you are new.
I dub thee Kyle, a kind hearted baby.
He'll be an adventurer like me, just maybe.

Kyle began his own roots as a guide not as a quester.
Lo, he may not be an adventurer but he was no jester,
He was a guide of much wisdom, but his anger did fester.
Those his kinfolk disliked him because of choice.
There be no room in his sad heart to rejoice.
So off he left, plunged into the pits of the Terrarian soil.
Where he's spend much time and get in much toil.
His effort and sadness grew greater as he was workin'
He wished for someone who cared or liked him to only hearken.
The cruel forces of the world set upon the land!
Setting Terraria into destruction and decimating civilization to sand.
Kyle a survivor of the rumored few was of use once more;
As a hero joined the land and was in need of the lore.

The guide and the adventurer built a stead in the wild.
Kyle had found his calling, a teacher, no worthless child.
He taught the hero of many great things, which the hero did, shown by his creations.
Kyle was glad of his father who blessed him with knowledge so he might forget the fowl sensations.

Teal

kafpld.jpg

Daleksax

2vwg3t5.png

Ghost11

UxrPgqM.png

Vadimonium

Goblin Beat
Steady feet pound and march
We must reach our target, no matter conditions harsh
A slow pitter-patter fills the air
As we goblins enact our final snare
"The orb was broken, we must go,"
High Command manages to know
So here I am on the battlefront
On our way to battle some runt
Who has disturbed the balance of evil and good
At least what High Command said, as I wondered and stood
The drums roll like a black sea
We swarm over the land and tree
Yet I can't help but stand on the sidelines, for it is me
I make their armor, weapons, and war machines
Yet I'm treated with bullying and bloody war scenes
The assault is in full swing
They end like all others, with nary a scout in a sling
Hopefully one can come along
To stop my peers in their angry throng
Until then I'm left to High Command's will
Thinking of their cruelty gives me a chill

TheQuietBisharp

abccc4a874ef5e39536cb419dc434093.png

Last edited:
Is it just me or is Pigron Lord of the Snow's submission broken? I tried opening it in a new tab and it looks like special permissions are needed to view that image.

Aside from this one image I can sadly not see, I have to agree with CraftedNightmareHere: Those are some great creations!

Is it just me or is Pigron Lord of the Snow's submission broken? I tried opening it in a new tab and it looks like special permissions are needed to view that image.

Aside from this one image I can sadly not see, I have to agree with CraftedNightmareHere: Those are some great creations!
He hosted the image in a pm. I told him to change it but he never did.

Back
Top Bottom