tModLoader Even More Modifiers Relaunch Beta

Hello!
Really nice mod. I liked it even before relaunch and now even more.
I have one suggestion: Would it be possible to somehow disable rolling modifiers on starting gear? 3 of 5 characters I created had their axe and pickaxe rolled with added mana cost so I couldnt even start playing (8 mana per swing makes it impossible to chop down trees or mine anything).
Hmm yeah I can see how that can be annoying, though I sort of like being able to roll as well (imagine getting something really good early on)
Maybe some of those very annoying ones can be filtered out for character creation, thanks for the feedback.
[doublepost=1524504019,1524503978][/doublepost]
After installing this mod my game crashes whenever I hover over an item with my mouse
here is the crash text that comes up.
https://imgur.com/a/HvzKqco
IM FOR SURE ITS THIS MOD BECAUSE IT DOESNT HAPPEN WHEN ITS DISABLED
This has to do with some tooltip fixes I deployed in the last update. If you could send me the player files, I can look into it.

Questions:

1. This is anedoctal, but it seems most of chest items don´t have modifiers?
2. Is there a modifier list? Google points to one to a early version of this mod, is it complete?
3. Do you plan to add more modifiers in the future?

1. Most of "effects" modifiers don´t seem to be that useful (Ichor seems to be the best one), seems that damage, crit, speed, velocity and mana Cost are just more desirable overall, not sure how you could balance this since it seems by design that those effects aren´t overpowered. It may be a stupid or ignorante suggestion of mine, but maybe weapons could have main rolls and independently secondary less useful rolls (effects, size, ammo consumption, etc...)? Though i have no ideia how to tier the item this way.
2. To reroll armors you need to put them on inventory first, not really an issue, thought not so obvious at first.
3. Isn´t Knockback immunity overlapping with cobalt shield, obsidian shield, and others? Seems like a rare roll, thought really useful.
4. Maybe change the damage type of weapons that have the cost mana modifier to magic? Though maybe not? if you aren´t using some mage armor and items that add mana, is this good?
5. Could you make the size modifier roll bigger stats?
6. What does Life Regen/Minute actually does? Does it actually only works every 60 seconds? If that the case, wouldn´t be better to rename it Life Healing since it would differentiate it from Life Regen/Seconds itens?

Questions:

1. This is anedoctal, but it seems most of chest items don´t have modifiers?
2. Is there a modifier list? Google points to one to a early version of this mod, is it complete?
3. Do you plan to add more modifiers in the future?

1. Most of "effects" modifiers don´t seem to be that useful (Ichor seems to be the best one), seems that damage, crit, speed, velocity and mana Cost are just more desirable overall, not sure how you could balance this since it seems by design that those effects aren´t overpowered. It may be a stupid or ignorante suggestion of mine, but maybe weapons could have main rolls and independently secondary less useful rolls (effects, size, ammo consumption, etc...)? Though i have no ideia how to tier the item this way.
2. To reroll armors you need to put them on inventory first, not really an issue, thought not so obvious at first.
3. Isn´t Knockback immunity overlapping with cobalt shield, obsidian shield, and others? Seems like a rare roll, thought really useful.
4. Maybe change the damage type of weapons that have the cost mana modifier to magic? Though maybe not? if you aren´t using some mage armor and items that add mana, is this good?
5. Could you make the size modifier roll bigger stats?
6. What does Life Regen/Minute actually does? Does it actually only works every 60 seconds? If that the case, wouldn´t be better to rename it Life Healing since it would differentiate it from Life Regen/Seconds itens?

1) No idea, items in chests have a fair chance to roll modifiers like any other item.
2) I'd need to make one, you could look into the folders here and try to judge by name if you dont understand code (or go into it and look at the description)
3) Yes

1) Mod is far from finished, and modifiers get more work in the future. Not all modifiers are as strong as others, which also highly depends on the item you roll against.
2) Not sure what you mean. armors can be rerolled at the tinkerer now.
3) Yes, so?
4) No, that's not the purpose of the modifier. Its purpose is to add a major damage boost, having the drawback of now using mana.
5) Can do
6) It regenerates life per minute, as specified by the 'life regen/minute' It doesn't differentiate from regular life regeneration, it is just specified per minute.

I was curious. Is summons damage based solely on the item that summoned them or affected by the weapon you are currently wielding? I ask this since the on hit damage modifiers (such as cursed inferno) are applied based on the weapon currently being wielded. Also how are summons affected by the damage during day and night modifiers? Is their current damage "snap shot" when they are summoned or does it actually adjust? Also does velocity affect summoned creatures damage as well?

Thank you.

Last edited:
I have noticed that throwing crit chance/crit damage/damage is too rare, it's very annoying to get a decent throwing damage modifier. Also, knockback immunity is especially rare and seems to only come with one specific set.

EDIT: This is for accessories.

Last edited:
I have noticied an issue where sometimes, the displayed price for rerolling acessories isn´t the actual price, sometimes being 4x or 5x higher than the actual price.

1) No idea, items in chests have a fair chance to roll modifiers like any other item.
2) I'd need to make one, you could look into the folders here and try to judge by name if you dont understand code (or go into it and look at the description)
3) Yes

1) Mod is far from finished, and modifiers get more work in the future. Not all modifiers are as strong as others, which also highly depends on the item you roll against.
2) Not sure what you mean. armors can be rerolled at the tinkerer now.
3) Yes, so?
4) No, that's not the purpose of the modifier. Its purpose is to add a major damage boost, having the drawback of now using mana.
5) Can do
6) It regenerates life per minute, as specified by the 'life regen/minute' It doesn't differentiate from regular life regeneration, it is just specified per minute.

2. Yes, what i mean is that unlike acessories, i can´t pick armors directly from the equipped items menu, i have to put the armor first on the user inventory and then put it on the tinkerer square.

3. Not really a issue, my point is that it is a very good modifier, at least for Vanilla.

2. Yes, what i mean is that unlike acessories, i can´t pick armors directly from the equipped items menu, i have to put the armor first on the user inventory and then put it on the tinkerer square.
Ah, yes, this makes sense, as the code that allows to do this is basically a giant hack (armors aren't normally reforge-able), I can probably make it work when it's equipped.

I'm really appreciating the mod so far. I've been trying different builds with different characters, and seeing how the modifiers aid them.
One suggestion i've come up with, although i don't know if it is at all possible - rolling modifiers on Mount Summons, only to take effect while actively riding its respective mount.

One suggestion i've come up with, although i don't know if it is at all possible - rolling modifiers on Mount Summons, only to take effect while actively riding its respective mount.
why stop there?
modifiers on grappling hooks that increase hook velocity, pull velocity, number of hooks and reach. modifiers on light pets that give more light and increased light pet velocity if possible, maybe even some that give you minor buffs like heart lantern.

I'm really appreciating the mod so far. I've been trying different builds with different characters, and seeing how the modifiers aid them.
why stop there?
modifiers on grappling hooks that increase hook velocity, pull velocity, number of hooks and reach. modifiers on light pets that give more light and increased light pet velocity if possible, maybe even some that give you minor buffs like heart lantern.
All good ideas that can be iterated over in the future.

First, I have to say I love this mod makes it a bit interesting when playing. The question I have is though is the "you are cursed" modifier cause you to lose health constantly or is it based on the tool that you are using? I ask because I made about 6 items each one having the modifier 1 being a summoning staff so it was constantly ticking my health away? if so is there a way to get rid of this modifier?

First, I have to say I love this mod makes it a bit interesting when playing. The question I have is though is the "you are cursed" modifier cause you to lose health constantly or is it based on the tool that you are using? I ask because I made about 6 items each one having the modifier 1 being a summoning staff so it was constantly ticking my health away? if so is there a way to get rid of this modifier?
You can get rid of it by rerolling to different modifiers, otherwise no. The cursed effect is based on which weapon you are holding. So while held, you are cursed.

Hi There :)
Trying to compile the mod occures an Error like this:
http://prntscr.com/jaxnc1

whats happend on it ?
i download the files from https://github.com/Jofairden/EvenMoreModifiers
and hoped i could edit some "Max Rolls" on the Modifiers. But to compile the cleaned downloaded files get the same error^^ . . .
Your executeables are blocked. After downloading tModLoader, you need to right click the .zip files, open Properties and unblock the .zip

Eventually if you get something that makes you immune to curse, like the Ankh shield you won't take damage while using the weapon.

Really really awesome mod it does work with Kalciphoz'z RPG Mod, but with the current bug or what ever it is in that mod reforging doesn't work so I am only playing with thsi mod and a few others for now till Kalciphoz'z RPG Mod gets fixed

That sounds like a great idea, thanks!

That actually already occurs. :D
[doublepost=1524855369,1524855279][/doublepost]
Really really awesome mod it does work with Kalciphoz'z RPG Mod, but with the current bug or what ever it is in that mod reforging doesn't work so I am only playing with thsi mod and a few others for now till Kalciphoz'z RPG Mod gets fixed

Even more modifiers works great with KRPG. I wasn't aware that reforging doesn't work, but that doesn't stop you from finding items with EMM mods on them. :D

Still worth using for sure.

That actually already occurs. :D
I actually just checked the code, and there isn't any check that checks if you are Curse immune to stop the curse.

That does sound like an issue, I also probably know the cause. I am trying to get in contact with Kalciphoz.

Back
Top Bottom