tAPI Grox The Great's Mods o' Magic

Discussion in 'Released' started by Grox The Great, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Thread was lock by: Aurora3500
Reason: Newer Version of Mod (Details in last Post)
Lock date: 00:26 05-07-2017
  1. Audrina2k

Audrina2k Terrarian

It's a fishing pole. :) For jungle fishing. It's definitely Grox- I went on the wiki that was up, and it's listed- just not HOW to make it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 22, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 22, 2015 ---
    I missed this!!!!! No, you're probably exactly right. I remember now on my favorite world that I continue to keep up in tApi is out of corpsethorns. Thank you.

2. Audrina2k

Audrina2k Terrarian

I find it interesting that if you use the mirror, anything in that particular biome will follow you to your town. Usually the ARE the golems. I don't complain about it, as the mod DOES work and I'm grateful for it. Still a favorite. I always keep jungle on one side, and glowing mushrooms on the other side. So enemies spawn all the time. My NPC's are mostly intelligent enough to stay out of it. Mostly.

3. Swift

Swift Terrarian

for the Grealm mod, does it give any special items in chests or in world generation in general?

4. Audrina2k

Audrina2k Terrarian

No; everything is made from mod drops. Anything special and extra, I mean. Pay particular attention to the horde, and be certain to spawn them in every biome (well, except Hell)

5. Swift

Swift Terrarian

Great! meaning i can make a playthrough of Grealm and omnir's mod together! seems to balance between the 2 mods

6. Redball

Redball Golem

You`ll have to kill Golem to get Grovite though. It will be generated then. Some Horde drops are post plantera. Some post Golem.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    superhc likes this.
  7. TheTano

TheTano Terrarian

I was trying to correct there spawn behavior but was unable to really nail the problem down. Another problem I had was lava golems taking up all the spawn slots so I rarely got to see other mobs. I ended up taking out out the ability for the golems to spawn at all and am having a much more enjoyable play through because of it. It kinda sucks because some of the rarer golems were pretty damn cool but I literally have like zero programming knowledge and can't figure out a better way to fix it. If anyone is interested and it is not against the rules I can upload a copy of the GREALM I am using.

superhc likes this.
  8. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Terrarian

How hard would it be to update this mod to 1.3?

If there aren't any core tweaks of the code in 1.3 that break this mod, would it even need updating?

9. Redball

Redball Golem

You might want to read the 2nd last post on the page made by Shockah.
    http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/tapi-a-mod-to-make-mods.3203/page-213
    Since 1.3 ist almost here and they want to release tAPI r16 for 1.2.4.1, i doubt that any mod will be rewritten shortly after release because the modders want to play 1.3 too. That`s what i`m thinking and i could be wrong though.
    And i hope to be wrong ;)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  10. Audrina2k

Audrina2k Terrarian

Hey, guys, what are the requirements for the bug catcher and the mine NPC to move in? Last town I made was before tApi was updated, and I believe I had to log another toon in to spawn them, but I don't remember if any of the bosses were defeated or the horde at that point. So far, they aren't moving in. Despite my mining and catching bugs. Hopefully they'll move into it. If not, any ideas on how to get 'em to move in?

11. Redball

Redball Golem

The cs-files say Boss 1 (Eye of Cthulhu) for Bug Catcher and Miner, Zombie Invasion (Horde) for Zombie.
    In Vanilla Terraria killed bosses and stuff are saved in the worldfile itself. I think tAPI works the same.

Edit: He sells Key Molds when in the corresponding biome if i read the code correct. Didn`t know that :happy:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  12. Audrina2k

Audrina2k Terrarian

You are awesome. Thank you so much!!!! :)

13. asteba

asteba Terrarian

>>> Singleplayer: 13:28:14 <<<
    TAPI.Mods+LoadException: GRealm.tapi: System.TypeLoadException: Не удалось загрузить тип "TAPI.ModBuff" из сборки "tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null".
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetType(String name)
    at TAPI.ModJsonHandler.HandleBuff(ModBase modBase, JsonData j, String fname) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\ModJsonHandler.cs:line 1447
    at TAPI.ModJsonHandler.Handle(ModBase modBase) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\ModJsonHandler.cs:line 59
    at TAPI.Mod.<Load>b__0(BinBuffer bb) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mod.cs:line 276
    at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 449
    at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 427
    at TAPI.Mod.Load() in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mod.cs:line 107
    at TAPI.Mods.Load() in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 539
    OmnirsNosPak.tapi: System.TypeLoadException: Не удалось загрузить тип "TAPI.ModBuff" из сборки "tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null".
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
    at TAPI.ModJsonHandler.HandleBuff(ModBase modBase, JsonData j, String fname) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\ModJsonHandler.cs:line 1447
    at TAPI.ModJsonHandler.Handle(ModBase modBase) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\ModJsonHandler.cs:line 59
    at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 449
    at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 427
    Necro.tapi: System.TypeLoadException: Не удалось загрузить тип "TAPI.ModBuff" из сборки "tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null".
    berberborscing v1.1.4.tapi: System.TypeLoadException: Не удалось загрузить тип "TAPI.ModBuff" из сборки "tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null".
    at Mods.Load()

Mods used:
    BaseMod (Grox The Great's BaseMod 1.0.5 by Grox The Great)
    GRealm (Grealm 1.0.5 by Grox The Great)
    LolHens (Elemental Boots 1.7 by LolHens)
    OmnirsNosPak (Omnirs Nostalgia Pack 1.0.4.3 by Omnir)
    Necro (Necropolis Mod null by Zoodletec and Sapharan)
    berberborscing (berberborscing's Mod 1.1.3c by berberborscing)
    pls help D= (tAPi r16)

14. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Terrarian

Well the text at the rop is Russian, which makes it really hard to understand - but I'm assuming its because Grealm isn't updated to r16.

15. Bucketz

Bucketz Terrarian

excuse my ignorance but this;
    >>> Singleplayer: 13:41:00 <<<
    TAPI.Mods+LoadException: GRealm.tapi: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'TAPI.ModBuff' from assembly 'tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
    at Mods.Load()

Mods used:
    BAWR.Craft (BAWR Craft 2015-03-02 by bawr)
    ThoriumMod (Thorium Mod null by DivermanSam)
    InvisibleHand (The Invisible Hand 1.2.0rc3-tr16 by wuli1986)
    Tremor (Tremor Mod 1.2 by Bogdan3456, Zadum4ivii, Slavdey, Wilson P., The Mystery Chest, Naikoraptor, Rostos16)

appears every time I try to load a mod that requires basemod.

I've downloaded basemod and reloaded it multiple times, and my question may have already been answered but I simply haven't seen it. any support would be nice thanks.

16. Danger808

Danger808 Steampunker

Can I get some help with this?

>>> Singleplayer: 14:34:06 <<<
    TAPI.Mods+LoadException: GRealm.tapi: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'TAPI.ModBuff' from assembly 'tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
    at Mods.Load()

Mods used:
    ThoriumMod (Thorium Mod null by DivermanSam)

17. Redball

Redball Golem

Are you maybe using tAPI r16? If yes using tAPI r15 could help. Rebuilding the mod with r16 could help too but i`m not sure since i never tried that myself. And i would not be able to explain how the rebuild works anyways. I hope that is helpfull for you. If not i have no idea. :indifferent: Iirc mods have to rewritten for tAPI r16 anyways. I doubt that the modders will do that since they most likely want the 1.3 content too and r16 supports only 1.2.4.1.

superhc likes this.
  18. partitionpenguin

partitionpenguin Skeletron Prime

GRealm is a good mod. I didn't manage to take down Folivine in pre-hardmode since he/she is so fast. I found the Alpha blade super OP, and I'm sure the Omni, Beta, and Gamma (?) blades are too. Cool mod overall!

19. partitionpenguin

partitionpenguin Skeletron Prime

Does anyone know how to get Blood Fangs? Leeches?

20. SoulCat

SoulCat Terrarian

How can you play terraria 1.2.4.1? I've looked almost everywhere but can't seem to find it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.