PC How do you play? Class or use just a bit of everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wondered how do you guys play. I make characters with a certain class or person from an anime or a game ive played or seen. I mean I have a few characters I play from scratch but as I make more i think " hey i know a weapon or item from a another character that will go good with this one. I have strictly ranged characters , some that are just summoners, Mages, magic /melee such as my character i made Shadowhex ninja( you can assume what he uses) . So i just wanted to know do you guys play differently or more or less the same.

I mainly just do a bit of everything, except for armor, which I do melee all the way.

Edit: I forgot to mention I got the Arkhalis in normal mode, and beat the EoC,
BoC, and WoF in one day Irl, so I mostly Melee.

Last edited:
I mainly use Melee weapons and Melee armor, but I do keep a couple of Ranged and Magic weapons on me as well. (My whole hotbar is almost completely filled with weapons). I also always have a minion or 2 (Bonus from Bewitching Table) with me all the time for a little passive damage.

I just wondered how do you guys play. I make characters with a certain class or person from an anime or a game ive played or seen. I mean I have a few characters I play from scratch but as I make more i think " hey i know a weapon or item from a another character that will go good with this one. I have strictly ranged characters , some that are just summoners, Mages, magic /melee such as my character i made Shadowhex ninja( you can assume what he uses) . So i just wanted to know do you guys play differently or more or less the same.
That doesnt get boring for you? I make different characters to keep it fun cause i did that at first and i thought "I could do alot to make no playthrough the same

In singleplayer I play normally but in multiplayer, I always make my character be named after someone (Usually anime/manga characters) and use an inventory editor to give my character vanity items that fit him/her. So far, I have Kirito, Asuna, ALO Asuna, and Sinon from SAO, Shiroe and Akatsuki from Log Horizon, Shiro from No game No life, and agent 47 from hitman.

That doesnt get boring for you? I make different characters to keep it fun cause i did that at first and i thought "I could do alot to make no playthrough the same
See thats what i have been wanting to do but its hard for me finding friendly people to play with . I would like to do alot of pvp, Ive acquired so much stuff throughout my characters and been wanting to put it to some more good use and fun

I go with every weapon/armor/accessory that comes in handy until I reach endgame, then I restrict my characters to a certain class for roleplaying, according to their story and characteristics.

Usually, at the beginning of a playthrough I do whatever. Then later on, I tend to stick to one main class regarding armor/weapons/accessories but I'll vary and have a mix depending on what weapon or accessory is useful depending on the situation I'm in. Basically, it kind of just depends on the fight or the situation I've gotten myself into.

I crank up the music and do whatever-the-hell works. If it's taking out a wooden bow and firing on the EoC, then that is as Neil Young dictates. I'm crazy impulsive when playing. Don't think, just kill stuff. "I can't do that 'cause I'm too low-tier!" Screw that.

For the first character of any big update, I go with Melee/Magic/Summoner.
After beating the update's final boss and staying in endgame for a while, I enter class specific characters, specifically Magic or Ranged only. As for playing with friends, I usually always go with one weapon type strict classes, such as guns only, or arrow-based weapons only.

Whatever looks neatest.

Screw it I'll be a tank in mage armor. Fight me, bro
(don't actually fight me, it won't even be fun for you)

I mainly just do a bit of everything, except for armor, which I do melee all the way.

This pretty much sums up everything I wanted to say.

My main character has the SDMG, Phantasm, and Stardust Dragon staff on my hotbar for when the situation calls for them. I'll occasionally bring a magic weapon just for the fun of it spamming it (Arcanum). But my go-to weapons are typically the Solar Eruption, Meowmere, and Star Wrath.

On my newest character, who is a 1.3 creation, he sports the Razorpine, Seedler, Daedalus Stormbow, just about anything. I'm at a point where the Frost Moon/Halloween Moon events are giving me a tough time in the late stages, so I'm trying to utilize everything at my disposal and see what works best in a certain situation.

Last edited:
In older versions I had everything on one character, but with so many weapons and a liking of using a variety of weapons, storage space quickly became an issue.
So I made separate characters for each class, with very little class-mixing.

in expert mode I went, a bit of everything, mostly mix with melee armor and ranged weapons (for survival), after I defeated the three mechanical bosses I went full melee, after beating moon lord, I want to try the other classes

When a new update rolls out with new stuff I usually just pick up a world from scratch and do full tank armor with weapons that seem really good, any weapons at all but I mostly really like magic ones.

After that I tend to make classes and set goals for myself, currently I'm doing a ranged-magic mix in expert mode as a roleplay of sort of a character from a game called "The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky". But yeah its usually classes and stuff because its more fun like that, lets you try out other ways of playing and just makes you a better player IMO since you have to think more and make new tactics since some of the old tactics wont work. Like running with full Solar Armor around currently and just swinging a Solar Eruption, going into a ranged makes you think how you can kite around and use the ground to your advantage, or a summoner where you learn to trust in your little friends and stay back and safe while knocking the enemy back with safe spells, etc.

Makes the game more diverse and fun! :joy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom