Mysterious Symbol? (Dungeon Defenders 2 Meets Terraria)

Brick Creeper

Duke Fishron
When the trailer for the new crossover (which looks awesome!) was released, I didn't take much interest in the symbol above the Terraria portal.

Screenshot_2016-11-04-14-43-13_kindlephoto-136367676.jpg

But then, when I was looking at the Dungeon Defenders 2 screenshot, I saw this...

Screenshot_2016-11-04-14-44-36_kindlephoto-136424832.jpg

Is it just something to show that the games are connected, or does it have a larger meaning?

Is it just something to show that the games are connected, or does it have a larger meaning?

Well, I think it's just a mythical sign that will make the portal look more sinister and horrible.
Maybe it means something more, but I don't even know Dungeon Defenders 2 lore, so I have absolutely no idea :p

I just started playing DD2 because of the announcement and I noticed this symbol shows up a lot in the game--I noticed it over the gates where enemies spawn and in one match when the Eternia Crystal (what you're trying to defend, which is the whole point of the game) was destroyed.

20161105165835_1.jpg

20161105170652_1.jpg

So I'd guess it's the symbol of the "Old Ones", which in DD2 are these evil gods who got sealed in said crystals. Remind you of a certain moon man we know?

Also probably some sort of "symbol" of the game at this point.

So yeah, I guess sort of a "THIS IS EVIL AND ALSO THIS IS DUNGEON DEFENDERS" kind of thing -shrug-

And hey enemies spawn under gates marked with it, so that's actually pretty clever--it's like one of these "gates" in Terraria!

I just started playing DD2 because of the announcement and I noticed this symbol shows up a lot in the game--I noticed it over the gates where enemies spawn and in one match when the Eternia Crystal (what you're trying to defend, which is the whole point of the game) was destroyed.

View attachment 146644

View attachment 146646

So I'd guess it's the symbol of the "Old Ones", which in DD2 are these evil gods who got sealed in said crystals. Remind you of a certain moon man we know?

Also probably some sort of "symbol" of the game at this point.

So yeah, I guess sort of a "THIS IS EVIL AND ALSO THIS IS DUNGEON DEFENDERS" kind of thing -shrug-

And hey enemies spawn under gates marked with it, so that's actually pretty clever--it's like one of these "gates" in Terraria!
Ah, interesting. I wonder if the portal between games was caused by the Old One. Thanks for the reply!

I haven't played Dungeon Defenders 2 for a while but there's a symbol like that where the enemies spawn from in each lane.
There's also a different version of that symbol on the map; their purpose is pretty much just to show you where enemies spawn.

There's a version with wings for airborne lanes, in which only flying enemies spawn.
That symbol pretty much just represents the evil/the enemy in the game and it hasn't really had any deeper meaning in the game yet.

I remember seeing the trailer, that portal in the Terraria world with the same symbol over it is basically just a spawn location for the enemies coming out of it; I think it doesn't mean anything more than that.

TL;DR: like mentioned above it's pretty much just the symbol of the old ones. and the enemies entering the Terraria world through the portal are the army of the old ones.

I was pretty tired when I wrote this, but hopefully it's helpful. (my grammar gets bad when I'm tired)
Feel free to ask if you have any more questions, I've played quite a bit of both Dungeon Defenders and Dungeon Defenders 2 :)

Back
Top Bottom