This is a set of mods I plan to make to address the problem of minimal PvP mod options. This is best summarized by the mods it will be comprised of (Note: This is NOT a mod pack; these can adjusted freely):
- Game Sessions (WIP) - Implements a way to define discrete gameplay sessions; periods of player activity terminating with the completion of a goal, or else a fail condition (configurable). Goals include:
- Fail conditions include:
- n deaths of a given player
- n survivors on a team
- Another team meeting their goal
- Running out of time (via. Time Limits)
- Player Statistics - Logs and displays player statistics for all to see. Deaths, kills, PvP deaths, PvP kills, and (hopefully) even things like network latency and relative progression in the game. Configurable.
- Player Spawner (WIP) - Implements options for controlling player spawns. Unlike a bed, these points can be adjusted (delay, position, "lives", etc.) with commands, API calls, or bound to a movable (and/or destroyable) game world object. Might implement Lives mod compatibility.
- Spectator Mode (WIP) - Adds functionality for spectating matches. Teleporting between players, fast movement, non-obtrusive viewing, tracking, and distance icons.
- Server Browser - Will be revived for use with game modes.
- PvP Party (WIP) - Provides a server-side UI (and console commands and API) to allow selecting settings presets of the above mods to play any of an assortment of PvP game modes.
- Starvation - Players now require food. Allows for some fun possible game mode options.
- World Boundaries (WIP) - Guess. Configurable.
- Reset Mode - Implements world resets. Server-side (console) automations may be needed to generate new worlds for each session. This mod will be modified for compatibility with Game Sessions.
- Nihilism - Allows blocking items, recipes, NPCs, and loot tables.
- HERO's Mod - Currently still the defacto server admin mod.