Random hypothetical question about powers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossmallo

Terrarian
So, random thing popped into my head today when thinking about 1.3 stuff. Suppose that, one day in Terraria, either in town or in a cave, you stumble across a shrine that offers you one of a selection of powers, for free, out of the following choices -

· Gain control of the Corruption / Crimson / Hallow, letting you speed up / slow its growth, stop its spread entirely, destroy all traces of it or create new pockets of it.
· Three merchants of your choice will offer their services for absoloutly free. Any goods that you receive off them, or anything directly crafted with them, will be worth nothing, to avoid infinite money tricks.
· Gives you control over the moon and sun, letting you double or halve the time of days / nights, and choose when Solar Eclipses / Blood Moons / Pumpkin Moons / Frost Moons happen.
· Gives you five buffs of your choice permanently. Can be toggled on or off.
· Allows you to conjure three items of your choice, Reforged to their optimum prefix if applicable - You don't have to use it right now, so it could be saved for 1.3 content.

Out of these choices, what would you take? I'm curious as to what would be most important to your gameplay, in your opinions.

Last edited:
· Three merchants of your choice will offer their services for absoloutly free. Any goods that you receive off them, or anything directly crafted with them, will be worth nothing, to avoid infinite money tricks.

Infinite free reforges? Yes please.

5 Buffs.
Heartreach, the one with health boost, ironskin, regeneration, wrath.

ezpz 120 hp when you start, +8def, +heart reach is crazy + regen op + 10% dmg

Infinite free reforges? Yes please.

Yeah, I figured people would go for this, and part of me thought of saying that this would be exempt from this, but then I realised - "What then?" That would be helpful until you had everything forged, but then it would abruptly stop being useful, so I thought "Eh, I'll leave it in. "

5 Buffs.
Heartreach, the one with health boost, ironskin, regeneration, wrath.

ezpz 120 hp when you start, +8def, +heart reach is crazy + regen op + 10% dmg

Ooooh. That's creative, I like that. Would make invasions easier at least.

I'd definitely like to have the ability to instantly 'prepare' my world for corruption control. XD

I just realised that I hadn't personally said mine - I would immediately halt the flow of the Corruption and Hallow. Micromanaging it is an utter nightmare.

I'd go with time control. The first two options can be replaced with money farming (Clentaminator FTW), and Event Moons give a good amount of money. Plus, if night lasts twice as long, that's a huge amount of extra time on the final wave. Three items is something I could get without this, so that's out.
Five perma-buffs is the other tempting one. Heartreach is basically the best thing ever. Permanent Shadow Dodge would total invulnerability, but also too cheap for my tastes. Beetle Endurance III is a constant 45% reduction of incoming damage.
Still, time control would be more fun, and remove the annoyance of waiting for an Eclipse of Blood Moon.

I'd pick biome control. Normally, I spend hours of my time digging massive dividing tunnels all over my world to contain the corruption/hallow, and that gets annoying fast.

Of course the question is phrased awkwardly and could be interpreted as I myself as in me in real life finding such a shrine, in which case I'd have to pick control of the heavens to fk with scientists. Might want to fix that.

Control over the Three Evils, of course. As the Paladin of Purity, it is my duty to obliterate all trace of the Corruption, Crimson and Hallow in order to restore peace to the land of Terraria.

I'd go with time control. The first two options can be replaced with money farming (Clentaminator FTW), and Event Moons give a good amount of money. Plus, if night lasts twice as long, that's a huge amount of extra time on the final wave. Three items is something I could get without this, so that's out.
Five perma-buffs is the other tempting one. Heartreach is basically the best thing ever. Permanent Shadow Dodge would total invulnerability, but also too cheap for my tastes. Beetle Endurance III is a constant 45% reduction of incoming damage.
Still, time control would be more fun, and remove the annoyance of waiting for an Eclipse of Blood Moon.

Oh balls, I didn't even know that Shadow Dodge one existed. UH OK GUYS THAT ONES EXEMPT *cough*

I'd pick biome control. Normally, I spend hours of my time digging massive dividing tunnels all over my world to contain the corruption/hallow, and that gets annoying fast.

Of course the question is phrased awkwardly and could be interpreted as I myself as in me in real life finding such a shrine, in which case I'd have to pick control of the heavens to fk with scientists. Might want to fix that.

Added clarification to the first post. And yeah, agreed so much about the dividing tunnels. They take forever to make, they're ugly, and all it takes is one speck of corruption from a Spitter, a new bit spawning from altars, or someone being a jerk with a Clemtaminator, and it's all for nothing.

Perma-buffs. Heartreach, Spelunker, Endurance, Shine and Gravitation. Basically a mix of survival and utility.

If I was to go with potions, I'd probably go with Spelunker, Hunter, Mining, Shine and Crates. Full-blown utility stuff right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom