Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
The version is Steam, and I'm running the current version of Terraria (1.4.1). This bug has been here since the original 1.4 update I believe, but I never paid much mind to it back then.

There's a bug I'm experiencing where, most of the time when launching the game, some of (but not all of) it's settings are reset to default, and texture packs are unassigned.
For example, I could have the game's resolution set to a certain size and some texture packs are on, but when I close the game and relaunch it next time, the resolution is now the smallest size and all the texture packs are taken off.
It might also affect the cursor color and volume, but I'm not entirely sure since I don't change those often from default.
I'm not sure what the deal is but as someone who has a monitor with a higher resolution, and someone who enjoys playing with texture packs, it's a bit of a hassle setting up the game's options almost every time I launch.
That's also another thing, this bug doesn't actually happen all the time, it's just most of the time.

I can't figure out what might be causing this, because I always make sure to close the game properly so it has time to save, and I never reset the game in any way to change it's settings. If anyone else has experienced this and possibly has a workaround, please let me know.

This is likely a case of PC-side administrator rights for Terraria.

Try following these instructions and let me know if it works:

image (1).png

Back
Top Bottom