Console Something odd about the console version and hit detection...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExoticCharm

Terrarian
Has anyone else noticed that there is a limit to how often you can hit an enemy when using multiple attack sources?

I noticed this first happening while fighting Plantera. I had a mage setup with both the Nimbus Cloud and Magnet Sphere when I noticed that some of the attacks weren't connecting when they should. Sometimes the cloud wouldn't connect and sometimes the sphere wouldn't shoot when it was near her. This became even more prevalent when doing the moon event at my arena. Naturally, I had lava and traps at my arena, and I was using a range setup this time. I was using the shotgun with ichor bullets and I noticed that some were traveling right through the Mourning Wood bosses once and awhile.

To my understanding, the way both you and enemies receive damage was changed awhile ago to prevent the meteorite trick. Even so, enemies seem to have some invincibility frames that occur with your normal attacks, not just traps and lava. It is my understanding that normal attacks aren't supposed to have this issue.

At this point I'm just curious if anyone else has had issues like this. Any thoughts or experiences?

Yes. Happened to me using nimbus rod. I was using the v. knives in the p. moon, and i've never got killed. Then i added the nimbus rod, and they killed me in a few seconds. I guess that due to the constant attack of the n. rod, the game started to ignore the v. knives attack.

Only piercing weapon can sometimes "miss" because they can only hit once every 10 ticks(6 times per second). All the weapons mentioned so far do not pierce, so they should be able to clock-up to 60 hits per second.

I've been in a similar situation with one of my first pumpkin moon arenas i made. I used lava and spiky ball traps. When I used the vamp knives it seemed like the enemies were taking too long to die. I think I saw on the wiki that using constant damage sources like nimbus rod or lava can interfere with a players weapon doing damage. I removed the lava and everything seemed to work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom