Game Mechanics [Sprites] Fluorescent light beams

New update:

AEapl7G.png

Beams can be mixed for new and different colors! This is best done through glass blocks with lenses on them. The blue and black overlap and become dark blue, with the red crossing over for a little bit of dark purple.

ETA5b9E.png

Lenses will connect to each other when placed, but can be separated with the use of a hammer. This allows you to have bigger or smaller beams. Connected lenses are also decorational as you can now make it look like you have a TV.

fjgVDah.png

Charge a crystal with a beam to turn it into a colored power crystal! This pink power crystal will shine small beams of light around the room and can be powered off by wire. It'd probably look way better than this, as spriting lighting effects is difficult.

Next plans: Might see about doing something with the disco ball.

I love this idea, but the more you add, the more things are gonna lag a bit.

But I don't care. I would go through any reasonable amount of lag to use these.
[DOUBLEPOST=1422020484][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, fiber-optics FTW.

I love it all dude, it is seriously amazing, i had a little suggestion, because of the rarity of black lenses and no offense but having a beam with a dark center is kind of weird, how about instead of that it just causes the beam to deal contact damage and inflict burned, this being to allies and enemies.

I'm pretty sure I want to marry you because of this suggestion. You may put the large diamond ring on whatever finger you want because this suggestion is both money, and diamonds. And I like both of those things.

No, but really. Lenses are damn useless, and I can think of 150 different cool things I can do with this.

I really like this idea, a lot. However, I do think that making it later-game would be a good idea. Might I suggest that either normal lenses must be refined in some way before being put to use, or that the lenses in this suggestion be drops from wandering eyes? I think wandering eye lenses would fit, seeing as the lenses of their eyes could realistically be the size of a block. Still a great suggestion, I hope this gets implemented!

this would be awesome to have in game, but something hit me.

what if there was a special lens that would function as laser wiring? skip that tedious teleporter to ocean making. Have a laser connect them!
however they wouldnt pass through blocks of course (but it will pass through glass).
idk, might be too op, since i cant balance things.

This would be a pretty big game changer aesthetically, very nice full support. Why no voting poll?
Thanks, but vote on what?

I love this idea, but the more you add, the more things are gonna lag a bit.

But I don't care. I would go through any reasonable amount of lag to use these.
[DOUBLEPOST=1422020484][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, fiber-optics FTW.
I'm just hoping the new programmers know how to code efficient enough to make the game run smoother.. it'd be a shame if programming limits is why something like this can't be implemented!

What about living fire blocks, leaf blocks, coloured glass blocks, water/lava/honey blocks (the actual liquid)?

I literally made an account just to let you know this suggestion is awesome... And to ask about the blocks
I might see about living fire, and perhaps leaf blocks as well, though there are no colored glass blocks. As for liquids, was thinking they'd have the effect of the liquidfall glass blocks? Unless.. if they KEEP the effect upon exiting a liquid, I could see about new effects..

Also, thanks!

Very well made suggestion and awesome sprites
I love it . And i love that onyx gemspark, if onyx would be obtainable would there be torches , stained glass , robes etc?
Thanks! I might have to make a small suggestion about that!

I love it all dude, it is seriously amazing, i had a little suggestion, because of the rarity of black lenses and no offense but having a beam with a dark center is kind of weird, how about instead of that it just causes the beam to deal contact damage and inflict burned, this being to allies and enemies.
Well,considering its rarity and all,Light Beams made from these lenses would deal damage to both Player and Enemies Yes,It sucks,I know.....
To both of these posts: As cool as it would be, it just feels too powerful to me, especially as something you can get from your first demon eye. The beams would be like rainbow gun rainbows that don't go away until you power them off.

I'm pretty sure I want to marry you because of this suggestion. You may put the large diamond ring on whatever finger you want because this suggestion is both money, and diamonds. And I like both of those things.

No, but really. Lenses are damn useless, and I can think of 150 different cool things I can do with this.
*insert emote not currently available here*

..haha! Well thanks! I like having new uses for already-existing things. New uses without the need of adding new items! Well.. aside from the new gemsparks, but yeah.

I really like this idea, a lot. However, I do think that making it later-game would be a good idea. Might I suggest that either normal lenses must be refined in some way before being put to use, or that the lenses in this suggestion be drops from wandering eyes? I think wandering eye lenses would fit, seeing as the lenses of their eyes could realistically be the size of a block. Still a great suggestion, I hope this gets implemented!
Thanks! And is the concern for availability from the wiring uses? You'd still need the Mechanic to get any good use out of them, so that's at least half way to hardmode, I think.

I would love this so much, even if I barely used it, it is AMAZING. You could make laser light puzzles!
Yeah, I've been imagining how fun these could be in adventure maps!
zwSU2tr.png

this would be awesome to have in game, but something hit me.

what if there was a special lens that would function as laser wiring? skip that tedious teleporter to ocean making. Have a laser connect them!
however they wouldnt pass through blocks of course (but it will pass through glass).
idk, might be too op, since i cant balance things.
If I understood you correctly, you mean like the wall lens example? I used diamond gemspark with it.

Yes please. Anything that adds to gems and gemspark blocks is welcome. Someone should make an awesome suggestion just with gems.

Back
Top Bottom