IC Survival of the Fastest

The popping sounds reach a climax and the creature’s rib-like tentacles all detached from the underbelly, bending like small legs. The collection of legs then stood the abyss crawler up, and it began slowly crawling out of the water, opening its maw towards a very close Apollo.
Taking a bottle of bleach out of his bag, Apollo uncapped it and threw it into the monsters mouth.

"A breath mint for your consideration." He said, pithily, "You really need it."

Taking a bottle of bleach out of his bag, Apollo uncapped it and threw it into the monsters mouth.

"A breath mint for your consideration." He said, pithily, "You really need it."
The creature screeched and recoiled a bit, now would be a good time to run, because it’s pissed.

(As usual, my characters are where they would logically be right now. This means that Elian, Cin, Chris and Alain are at a hidden camp somewhere, Joy and Dark are still at the temple, and April is in the cave as always.)

Apollo, taking advantage of the temporary respite, darts into some bushes with Blip and holds his breath, trying to stay as still as possible.

Apollo, taking advantage of the temporary respite, darts into some bushes with Blip and holds his breath, trying to stay as still as possible.
The abyss crawler waits at the climax for a second, then lunging down and slamming its jaw into the ground where Apollo was a few seconds before

The creature shrieks in pain and then begins looking around. Its’ head low.

The abyss crawler waits at the climax for a second, then lunging down and slamming its jaw into the ground where Apollo was a few seconds before

The creature shrieks in pain and then begins looking around. Its’ head low.
Apollo rustles through his bag, looking for anything that might help with the current situation.

Having dealt with monsters before, he was typically prepared, but this thing was so massive he had no idea what to do.

In a fit of desperation, he took out a large piece of Styrofoam and stuck it in a half filled wine bottle of gasoline, and then shook it vigorously.

"This better work..."

He stuck a piece of cloth inside the mouth of the jar and waited for the abyss crawler to get closer, lighter at the ready.

Apollo rustles through his bag, looking for anything that might help with the current situation.

Having dealt with monsters before, he was typically prepared, but this thing was so massive he had no idea what to do.

In a fit of desperation, he took out a large piece of Styrofoam and stuck it in a half filled wine bottle of gasoline, and then shook it vigorously.

"This better work..."

He stuck a piece of cloth inside the mouth of the jar and waited for the abyss crawler to get closer, lighter at the ready.
It sniffed, making a growl of sorts, it’s head stopped moving and all the eyes slowly looked at the bush.

It opened its gaping jaw further and began to get close to the bush, the smell of rotting flesh was unbearable up close

It sniffed, making a growl of sorts, it’s head stopped moving and all the eyes slowly looked at the bush.

It opened its gaping jaw further and began to get close to the bush, the smell of rotting flesh was unbearable up close
Holding back his gag reflex, Apollo dove from the buhs, lighting the cloth and throwing it into the Abyss Crawlers maw.

"Please go away I don't think I can keep my lunch down for much longer."

Rolling from his dive, Apollo then tries to hastily climb a tree, ignoring the pain in his ankle.

Holding back his gag reflex, Apollo dove from the buhs, lighting the cloth and throwing it into the Abyss Crawlers maw.

"Please go away I don't think I can keep my lunch down for much longer."

Rolling from his dive, Apollo then tries to hastily climb a tree, ignoring the pain in his ankle.
The creature didn’t seem to care at first, it raised it’s head to lunge at Apollo.

The gasoline caught at that point, a small explosion could be heard, but it was muffled, since the crawler had closed it’s mouth

It shrieked and upon opening it’s mouth, it could be seen that it was on fire.

It began to whip around wildly, the top half tumbling over and then flopping around, it’s head eventually hit water, and then the rest of the creature walked itself in. The tentacles folded back up and popped into place and it wiggled the rest of itself into the water and vanished with a splash.

"I feel a little bad now. That napalm is not going to go out anytime soon, even underwater. Unless it fills it's mouth with water, of course."

He takes a breath and slides down the tree.

"That has got to be the grossest and biggest thing I've ever fought."

(So been struggling to figure out a new start so... I'll just go with this.)

Rainfall.
It's a bright, sunny morning, what one would expect to be the prelude to a rather hot, dry day, yet this morning a few clouds seem to have subverted this expectation, gently letting down a few cool droplets. The air seems crisp, and refreshing, just slightly cool but not cold.
...If only the rain could wash away all that has happened.
In a ditch beside a road, a man clutches his hand to his chest, in a vain attempt to resist what is happening. Already a large, gaping section of his chest seems to have almost turned itself inside out, and from this grisly wound signs of infection spread across his body, dark, popping veins serving as evidence that the time he has left is limited.
He looks up and stares at the sky, and closes his eyes, letting the rain fall onto his face...

From a nearby storm drain a long line of rats march in perfect file toward the man to investigate.

Last edited:
From a nearby storm drain a long line of rats march in perfect file toward the man to investigate.
The man rolls over to look.

His car is parked up on the road above, almost out of fuel, but within sight of a nearby town...
A town which would be far more inviting if it did not look as though a small tornado of gore ripped through the streets, blowing out windows and tearing up doors, smashing in walls and scattering debris into the street, all of it covered in a faint red dusting of old blood...
Some parts of the town seem perfectly fine, as if nothing out of the ordinary has happened. Though even many of these locations have things out of place, subtle reminders that all is, in fact, not fine. However, this town, situated right along a highway in and out of the mountains, still serves as a good location rest and take what few supplies remain for any passing survivors.

Somehow squeezing himself out of the stormdrain, Monty Ponty, in his giant rat infest trenchcoat approaches the man, looming over him with his entire 5,1 frame.

Back
Top Bottom