• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

TheBrightOne7

Terrarian
it's already updated to 0.11.3

Edit: oh, 0.11.2.2 actually, but I don't think it should matter
Checked.
0.6v doesn't support latest mods. (didn't screenshot the list, but mods I remember were: Calamity (+music), Thorium, Recipe browser, etc.)
Asks to go with the latest tmod.

[A bug I suppose from 0.6v]
When pressing 'Exit' rather then 'Exit and disable mods', doesn't make a difference - relaunch automatically disables mods, leaving available ones.

I've installed everything correctly, and put everything in the right folder, but when I run the .exe (even with admin privileges), it just gives me the loading wheel and nothing else.

I have a problem with your large world enabler mod too, I've placed the downloaded .tmod file into the C:/Users/My User/Documents/My Games/Terraria/Modloader/Mods folder, but can't find it in the mods folder when ingame for TModLoader, nor can I find it in the browser.

EDIT: Disregard, TerraCustom DOES run, but doesn't load anything. It just opens two 32-bit Terraria processes in the background.

EDIT2: Got it to work, had to completely delete and reinstall Terraria, but I got it to load, just don't know how to integrate Large World Enabler with it.

EDIT3: Found that as soon as TModLoader is installed into the Terraria folder, the TerraCustom .exe file no longer works

Last edited:

jopojelly

Retinazer
EDIT3: Found that as soon as TModLoader is installed into the Terraria folder, the TerraCustom .exe file no longer works
As long as you have the official 0.11.3 (not 64 bit), terraCustom 0.6 should work. The logs file would help diagnose the issue. My Game/Terraia/TerraCustom/Logs/client.log

As long as you have the official 0.11.3 (not 64 bit), terraCustom 0.6 should work. The logs file would help diagnose the issue. My Game/Terraia/TerraCustom/Logs/client.log
I think i figured out the bug.
For some reason when I run terraCustom 0.6, it runs tmodloader 0.11.2.2. However if i run terraria normally, it runs 0.11.3. Im not exactly sure why though. Ive never installed 11.2.2, unless terraCustom 0.6 emulates an older version of the modloader.
This is why mods say that they dont work through TerraCustom though.

edit: Looking back a bit through the thread =w=
It does look like it matters. Either the mods see that its 0.11.2.2, and kick it back, or theres some key part of the code that 11.3 mods need.
I'll look through the logs real fast and see if i can isolate the issue.

edit2:
l;khfsdblkjsdfvkgbuilcvasd.PNG
They all seem to have this error string. Its almost like its the mods that are reaching for something that isnt there.
Log added as attachment.

Edit3:
I reinstalled tmodloader over the terraCustom to see if this changed anything, which it seemed to. I didnt get the same errors as last time.
I seem to have isolated the issue down to the recipe mod im using (which functions fine on 11.3)
Once it sees that the mod doesnt work, it kills the rest of the mods, instead of just the offending one. Disabling the Recipe mod before running TerraCustom fixes it though, and the rest of the mods i have run fine in Terra Custom.
Looking through the logs, it looks like its hanging up on a callback. If im reading this right, i think its doing a check to see if its on the right modloader.
Added updated log (Client2) and removed previous one (Client1) since that log was based on an improper install.

=======================

Merged Edit:
Since im poking on here though, Is it possible to increase the size of the desert biome?
I was wanting to build stuff in the desert, but its such a tiny surface biome :T

Attachments

Last edited:

jopojelly

Retinazer
I think i figured out the bug.
For some reason when I run terraCustom 0.6, it runs tmodloader 0.11.2.2. However if i run terraria normally, it runs 0.11.3. Im not exactly sure why though. Ive never installed 11.2.2, unless terraCustom 0.6 emulates an older version of the modloader.
This is why mods say that they dont work through TerraCustom though.

edit: Looking back a bit through the thread =w=
It does look like it matters. Either the mods see that its 0.11.2.2, and kick it back, or theres some key part of the code that 11.3 mods need.
I'll look through the logs real fast and see if i can isolate the issue.

edit2:
They all seem to have this error string. Its almost like its the mods that are reaching for something that isnt there.
Log added as attachment.

Edit3:
I reinstalled tmodloader over the terraCustom to see if this changed anything, which it seemed to. I didnt get the same errors as last time.
I seem to have isolated the issue down to the recipe mod im using (which functions fine on 11.3)
Once it sees that the mod doesnt work, it kills the rest of the mods, instead of just the offending one. Disabling the Recipe mod before running TerraCustom fixes it though, and the rest of the mods i have run fine in Terra Custom.
Looking through the logs, it looks like its hanging up on a callback. If im reading this right, i think its doing a check to see if its on the right modloader.
Added updated log (Client2) and removed previous one (Client1) since that log was based on an improper install.

=======================

Merged Edit:
Since im poking on here though, Is it possible to increase the size of the desert biome?
I was wanting to build stuff in the desert, but its such a tiny surface biome :T
Hm, disabling other mods is a 0.11.3 fix, so maybe I'll release an update when I have some times.

I don't think there are any current options on increasing the desert size. Desert is a little frustrating to work with without making it look really wonky. It's a good idea though, worth adding a slider for.

Hm, disabling other mods is a 0.11.3 fix, so maybe I'll release an update when I have some times.

I don't think there are any current options on increasing the desert size. Desert is a little frustrating to work with without making it look really wonky. It's a good idea though, worth adding a slider for.
Yeah, after getting back into it, the primary desert seems to revolve around the underground desert size, which makes me wonder if that has its own value vs the mini desert biomes you see dotting many maps.

Also is there a way to add an exception rule to the snow biome for crimson/corruption, much like the jungle?

Proto Persona

The Destroyer
Hm. I guess i didnt think of it that way. I assumed that there was a way to make the corruption/crimson to ignore specific biomes, rather than point to what side.
My bad :p
The snow biome and Dungeon are always on the same side of the world, and both are on the opposite side of the jungle. It just a matter of forcing the evil biomes to one side of the map or the other. Most people want the evil biomes to avoid the jungle since it gets destroyed by the evil's spread in hardmode, while the ice biomes just get changed by it's spread while still remaining an ice biome.

The snow biome and Dungeon are always on the same side of the world, and both are on the opposite side of the jungle. It just a matter of forcing the evil biomes to one side of the map or the other. Most people want the evil biomes to avoid the jungle since it gets destroyed by the evil's spread in hardmode, while the ice biomes just get changed by it's spread while still remaining an ice biome.
Though if youre building in the snow biome, having an evil biome in the middle of it is troublesome. In the terms of functionality, the jungle biome isnt really changed by evil biomes unless its totally covered pre-hardmode.. but post, its almost always hit with evil or hollow thanks to positioning, so avoiding it just seems like a moot point.
imo, its more lucky to have a deep crimson vein in the jungle since with that you get a straight shot to the underground jungle early on, but thats just my opinion on that anyway :p

Anyway, i was mostly curious about this because ive been enjoying having both crimson and corruption in my world, so i was hoping that the exceptions were biome specific, rather than side specific. Bummer :/

Jopo can you help me with this issue
Reinstall TModloader over the CustomTerraria install, and try again.
If that doesnt fix it, then its an incompatibility, and youll have to run CustomTerraria without it. :/

oolala

Terrarian
I've tried to install TerraCustom many times, and read the readme file (and attempted to follow it) many times over, and for some reason it always loads normal Terraria. I even deleted and reinstalled terraria and tModLoader. I am slightly worried I'm just reading something wrong like I normally do, but I've reread many times and it keeps on happening. I have the latest version of tModLoader installed, if that does anything. What is wrong?

*I put an image of the folder as it currently is below

Attachments

jopojelly

Retinazer
I've tried to install TerraCustom many times, and read the readme file (and attempted to follow it) many times over, and for some reason it always loads normal Terraria. I even deleted and reinstalled terraria and tModLoader. I am slightly worried I'm just reading something wrong like I normally do, but I've reread many times and it keeps on happening. I have the latest version of tModLoader installed, if that does anything. What is wrong?

*I put an image of the folder as it currently is below
I see, tModLoader for mac changed how it does things. You'll actually need to replace the tModLoader.exe file with the TerraCustom exe temporarily, not the Terraria.exe file

Sorry about the confusion. I'll remember to update the install instructions next update.

oolala

Terrarian
I see, tModLoader for mac changed how it does things. You'll actually need to replace the tModLoader.exe file with the TerraCustom exe temporarily, not the Terraria.exe file

Sorry about the confusion. I'll remember to update the install instructions next update.
Ok thank you very much. It worked now

Top Bottom