Please fix windows phone
I'll wait for fixes to thank the developers, I like Terraria 1.2.4First, the team needs to be able to reproduce the issue, and so far they've been unable to do so. They have some ideas, but have not been able to isolate anything so far. Rest assured that the team is continuing to work on it.
Also, we'll be sure to post updates about this as we hear them. No need to keep asking... we know it's a top problem on that platform!
IKR! I set my spears too close to each other and they flew upwards, dealing damage to me after hitting a solid surface.THERE ARE MANY BUGS THAT YOU DID NOT ADDRESS IN THAT POST. 505 REALLY BREAK MY HEART !!!
HERE IT IS @505 Games Support @505Games @505Games-Mobile
YOU DON'T EVEN APPRECIATE MY HARDWORK IN FINDING BUGS!!!!
* NPC heads in minimap are very big.
* Worm Duplication Glitch ( Using Rainbow Bricks.
* Mech Bosses do not drop their respectivedrops.
* Living Loom is not present on living trees.
* Wiring are not working properly
- Spears do not work properly, Timers do not tick/work properly. Actuators is goingcrazeee
* Torch Poor Animation
* Tooltips are in wrong items ( e.g. Naugthy Present : 15% bait power. Use as bait.)
* Firefly ( Animation Bug - Lights on their butt )
* Corruption's crazy generation
* Vanity Accessory Slot ( Q1 Update )
* Skins produce Iron Pickaxe when removed in the wall.
* Worms, Grasshoppers are quite slow to spawn.
* Enchanted Swords are quite common.
* Enemies Spawn Rate ( too low )
- Must have candle and battle potion inorder to feel the high spawn rate.
* Sunflowers bloom their light before thenight ( must be in the night )
* Maps shows wrong color when viewed ( e.g. Honey - color blue on minimal )
* Travelling Merchant arriving message.
* Truffle Worms spawn (supposed to bespawning in underground, too)
* Fishing : Cavern-Only Fish can befishthrough out the world.
* Guide do not have recipe guide ( since 1.0 ) ( maybe due to limited memory of mobile devices )
* Players and NPC/enemies cannot go down to a stair platform, they are all push upward.
* Spawning of critters and even enemies can be in your front, supposedly to be out ofscreen.
* Destroyer's laser are too big even thehealing orbs given by the Spectre Armor, supposedly to be in normal size.
* World is slightly shrunken.
- Supposed to be high, hypothetical reason why we cannot fish a specific fish/quest fish in the surface.
* Plantera's Boss Music playing on Frost Moon.
* Beetle Armor (animation and buff given by it bug)
* Auto - aim feature malfunctioning, only detects closer enemies, unable to detect far enemies.
* Hammer (Joystick Coordination)
* NPC Glitch (spawning in a solid place)
* Worlds are smaller than the small worldsin the PC (I know it is designed so that mobile can handle it).
* Terrain Genaration (Q1 Update)
* Rain becomes fast when usingtouchscreen on point placing.
[DOUBLEPOST=1450327198,1450326853][/DOUBLEPOST]Honestly update is going pretty decent for me I haven't had all of the bugs but kinda sad I can't fish easily (I need to shake the virtual joystick for 5 minutes before getting and accurate reel.[I found that fly low and aiming down with the joystick and land up on a block helped]) My one major dissapointment is I'm huge on farms like half my world is mined up and laced in farms (prepped one for frost moon) have a Halloween one,'key mold grinder, dungeon fringed Crimson grinder corruption grinder gold farms etc. And all the wiring is inconsistent which isn't even the worst part. My timers don't work... And if you build these machines you don't want to flick a switch and hope it works! REVIVE THE TIMERS PLEASE!!!THIS THREAD WILL BE CONTINUOUSLY UPDATED AS FURTHER INFORMATION COMES IN FROM THE COMMUNITY AND/OR THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM, SO KEEP AN EYE ON THIS SPACE!!!
Well, it’s been a crazy week since the 1.2.4 update was launched on mobile, to say the least! We’ve been thrilled to see what players have been discovering, but that also means there have been a number of new bugs coming up that our teams need to squash. As part of our mission to communicate as clearly and openly with you as possible, we will be using this thread to keep track of and update issues with the mobile versions of Terraria, so that you can see where we stand on each of them.
We’ll also include general updates at the top about some of the biggest issues affecting each individual platform, and where we currently stand. We all believe it’s just as important for you to know about what’s being fixed as it is to know when we still can’t reproduce a problem or don’t have a solution yet.
Things may seem slightly messy at first as we filter all the data and get everything organized and vetted against our own internal systems, but again, this will serve as a great one-stop place for you to see what’s going on with the current version and future updates.
With that being said, let’s jump in, shall we? Hope you brought your Flippers!
Top Platform-Specific Issues:
Google Play (Android):
- UPDATED! iOS 8+ cloud save issues -- It turns out that recent iOS updates have turned the iCloud Drive setting to "OFF" in Settings > iCloud on some devices. Please check your settings, and if it's Off, turn it On! This is for users who were stuck at the endless "updating cloud" message. Thank you very much to user @Zach Wright for bringing this to our attention. Sometimes the solution is right there under your nose!
- iOS 7 cloud save issues -- Because the new cloud system is only compatible with iOS 8 and above, and iOS 7 devices still received the update, this has caused incompatibility issues resulting in cloud saves not being accessible. Your data should be safe! However, we are currently working on a solution with Re-Logic that will be a good compromise in ensuring you can play with those saves, even if your device doesn’t support iOS 8 and above.
- Terraria reverting to Trial version -- This is by far the biggest problem we’re seeing, and we are very close to fixing it! The main reason this didn't work is because we upgraded to a new billing system, and that failed to work as expected. We are currently working directly with one of the TCF moderators here on confirming a fix.
- Crashing at launch -- Unfortunately, try as we may, we have yet to reproduce this issue internally. However, we believe to have narrowed down a root cause, and are working directly with Microsoft on a solution. We know that this has been ongoing for several weeks now, but it has been a difficult bug to isolate and address.
- Hello, where is our update? -- The latest update was delayed to ensure the new bug fixes make their way into the release. We apologize for the delay, but rest assured that it is coming!
Confirmed & Potential Bug Fixes:
Confirmed fixes and potential fixes for the next patch:
By Design / Unable to Reproduce:
- Fix for iOS build name and debug menu in tutorial (1.2.11252)
- Fix for Traps not doing damage to enemies or critters
- Fix for Timers not working
- Fix for Truffle worms not spawning on all platforms
- Fix for No Spider Armor / Fangs not dropping on all platforms
- Fix for Slimes not dropping gel and Black Recluse on all platforms
- Fix for Plantera music playing while the Frost Moon event occurs
- Localization: Zombie Elf's have their names replaced with Zombie
- Fix for crash occurring on Player inventory
- Fix for Travelling Merchant message & spawn
- Fix for Beetle Armor not giving the "beetle hovering" set bonus that absorbs damage (Beetle sprites were not displaying correctly)
- Fix for fishing issues (Cavern layer fish in Oceans)
- Fix for iOS scaling issues on large retina screens
- Fix for Updated support information
- Fix for Don't place Demon Altars outside of Crimson biome
- Fix for No long dig tunnels through Ebonstone and Crimstone
- Fix for Corruption biome being destroyed by world gen in some cases
- Fix for dungeon being destroyed by world gen in some cases
- Potential Fix for Android Try & Buy issue
- Potential Fix for Amazon certification issues
- Potential Fix for Windows Phone issue
- Switches and Levers not working consistently: We need to look at this more closely, but they are working as expected in code.
- You cannot open a chest when you have a pick in your hand: The game logic tries to mine the chest instead of opening it. Works as designed.
- Shroomite gloves do not like opening chest: Same as Pickaxe issue above.
- Builder Potions can be found in chests: This is in the original game code, and is by design.
- Picksaw doesn't work: Confirmed by QA as working correctly.
- Asphalt doesn't work: Confirmed by QA as working correctly. Clarification in 12/16/15 update below.
- Ocram Trophies are converting to Ice Queen Trophies: QA was unable to reproduce this.
- Looms seem to duplicate rather than disappearing: QA was unable to reproduce this.
- Angler doesn't give any fish quest: QA was unable to reproduce this.
- Flame Dyes still don't work: By design, as these complex dyes are not supported on mobile.
Issues Reported to QA & Development (Status Pending Further Investigation):
Newly Collected and Reported to QA/Dev on December 16, 2015:
Reported to QA/Dev on December 14, 2015:
- Clarification: The Asphalt bug mentioned in OP is only for asphalt that was placed before the new update, and fixed by replacing the asphalt. This is not really an issue, but a little annoying since some structures have lots of asphalt.
- The discount card doesn’t work (it doesn’t affect prices). Also, it increases prices for re-forging. (Android/iOS)
- As soon as a world is loaded, user crashes. They did some testing and figured out that the crash might be due to chests. Their game is having trouble rendering them. They tried the same on an older iPad, and they can open chests, but only with an empty slot.
- Mech Bosses do not drop their respective drops.
- Living Loom is not present on living trees.
- Wiring is not working properly.
- Spears do not work properly.
- Corruption's generation isn’t working correctly.
- Skins produce Iron Pickaxe when removed in the wall.
- Must have Candle and Battle Potion in order to get high spawn rate.
- Guide does not have Recipe Guide (maybe due to limited memory of mobile devices?)
- Players and NPC/enemies cannot go down Stair platforms, they are pushed upward.
- Spawning of critters and even enemies can spawn right in front of you (supposed to be off-screen).
- Auto-aim feature malfunctioning, only detects closer enemies, unable to detect far enemies.
- NPC Glitch (spawning in a solid place).
- Beetle armor: Set bonus reads "Minion damage +"
- Spectre armor (mask): Set bonus reads "Mana usage -"
- In MP, items you take from worlds other than the ones in your device disappear when you return to your world. Any changes to the character also appear to not be saved.
- HP hearts have lines in the middle.
- Bosses in MP: When the person who the boss is focused on teleports, the boss follows it and de-spawns. Happened with Queen Bee.
- Pre-Hardmode Crimson does not convert grass or trees to spread. Crimson will only spread on dirt blocks (Galaxy S4, Lollipop 5.0.1). Related, you can try to plant Crimson Seeds on grass, and the seeds will be used, but no Crimson is planted.
- Wall removal is limited to the PC’s waist. Excavating is tedious when you have to remove the background for your own walls one tile at a time.
- Immediately following a power off due to battery, game enters a failed download/install loop. (Android)
- Magic Mirror needs to sometimes be used several times for it to take player home.
- Fishing: Items in inventory will randomly be considered bait with the tooltip "10% bait power." Seems to happen on stackable items only. User had it happen with a big stack of Cobwebs. Suddenly had 400+ bait to use.
- Sometimes switching from a Bug Net or Fishing Pole to another item (weapon, pick, etc.) will randomly place a number in the hotbar next to that item, and you will not be able to swing it. Shortly after, the game will crash.
- I found that when an Arch Demon is killed, the head has a white box around it.
- Chairs have a horizontal purple line through the middle (chairs placed before update).
- Created several new worlds, defeated all bosses until Plantera. However, no Plantera Bubble spawns inside the Jungle biome (iPhone 6 128GB iOS 8).
- When I use the Sonar Potion to save on my bait by seeing what is biting, my bait still dwindles away. Bait isn't supposed to be used until it is reeled in, but while bait is sitting in the water, it will dwindle away every time user gets a bite.
- All of the new light furniture are not emitting the right color of light (e.g., Boreal Wood Candelabra emitting yellow light instead of blue, Ebonwood Lamp not emitting any light at all, etc.)
- Bottled butterflies graphical glitch: corrupt graphics sometimes show in place of original animation.
- Ultrabright Torches from the Traveling Merchant don’t produce light when held, and when you break them, the item doesn’t drop.
- The NPC heads in the mini-map appear to be too big.
- Worm Duplication Glitch using Rainbow Bricks.
- Torches have substandard animation.
- Tooltips appear to be wrong (e.g. Naugthy Present: “15% bait power. Use as bait.”).
- Firefly animation bug (light source).
- Vanity Accessory Slot? (Q1 Update)
- Worms and Grasshoppers are quite slow to spawn.
- Enemy Spawn Rate is too low.
- Sunflowers bloom their light before nightfall.
- Maps show wrong color when viewed.
- Traveling Merchant arriving message.
- Rain becomes fast when using touchscreen on point placing.
- Destroyer's laser and healing orbs given by the Spectre Armor are too big.
- Hammer (Joystick Coordination)
- Terrain Generation (Q1 Update)
Reported to QA/Dev on December 13, 2015:
- The game decided to consume a bee mount as a potion, and it disappeared (Nickxy)
- Using Builder Potion and placing bars will cause item to duplicate (dark_lord)
- The Hardmode dungeon mobs besides the teleporting caster skeletons are not attacking the player. They only seem to do contact damage but they don't aim for the player. Also, the paladin doesn't attack the player and he only do contact damage. (Android)
- Picksaw doesn't work/disappears after being used (Nickxy)
- Robes do not appear fully on mannequins
- Torches sometimes don't appear in hand when selected
- Enchanted swords seem to appear far more frequently
- “Failed fetching download URL" (Android) - Player crashes after notification.
- Items disappearing when attempting move from inventory to chest (iOS) - Tap and hold to move item from inventory to chest while chest tab is open. Item will disappear when attempting to move it to an empty chest slot.
- Animal capturing not working properly (iOS) - If host captures animal, animal is still visible on guest devices and able to be killed.
- Pirate Invasion, Frost Legion, and Goblin Invasion not summoning in world (iOS) - Able to summon the Pirate Invasion and Frost Legion one time in my world, but was able to only once, and the Goblins can't be summoned at all.
- The top and bottom 20-30 blocks have become inaccessible since the last update (Android) - Stuff is inaccessible at the top of the world and the bottom of the world that was originally fine. Players have chests and items at the bottom of the world.
- Player can't open any web-covered chests, water chests, shadow chests, sky chests, gold chests, or any if the dungeon biome chests (Android) - Player can only open the wooden ones and the ones they have placed themselves.
- Game freezes and crashes seemingly at random (Android) - Freezes for about 3 seconds, animation stops, but player can still hear music and fighting/killing/getting hurt sounds, so the game still plays, but they can't see anything because the animation is frozen. After that 3 seconds, instant crash.
Whew! Did you get all of that? Apologies for any typos, duplicates, or other errors, but we wanted to make sure to get this out there for everyone ASAP. Additional updates coming soon, although you may very well receive the next patch before we get this mammoth post updated. That's what we're hoping for anyway.
Thanks again for your patience and understanding, and Happy Holidays everyone!
Same... So sadIta only my traps (spike etc) and timers that arent working?
Timers and wiring are a huge deal for me, aswell I can't spawn the goblin army? I need to spawn them to get the goblin tinkerer in my new 1.2.4 world! I have no access to a tinkerers table and badly need a quick patch from these things!First, the team needs to be able to reproduce the issue, and so far they've been unable to do so. They have some ideas, but have not been able to isolate anything so far. Rest assured that the team is continuing to work on it.
Also, we'll be sure to post updates about this as we hear them. No need to keep asking... we know it's a top problem on that platform!