Biomes & Nature The Distorted - A Corruption alt. of glitches

For the record; it should be ""Distortion" not "Distorted". Distorted is a adjective, Distortion is a noun.

As for the idea itself; I like the idea of a glitchy biome, would like to see how this develops.
^This. There's really no good reason to use "Distorted" here.
1: Corrupt can also mean as in a corrupt file/PC/mac/whatever, so no, corrupt isn't limited to the Corruptions use.
In the context of Terraria, anything with "Corrupt" in it will instantly make the player think of Corruption; as such it'd be best to avoid using it.

Other than that, this is a neat concept; a glitch-oriented Corruption alt makes a surprising amount of sense, all things considered.

If Corruptwood isn't good, how 'bout Errorwood instead? As an avid glitch hunter, me likey. It's too bad that the image links are broken, (Or maybe it's actually intentional... :eek:)
but the concept sounds rad! It has potential for crazy stuff like Blue Screen of Death-painting/backwalls and worms made up of ballistic Bunny-sprites! I'm actually not at all against alts either, replay value is rad. However, Beta Error Armour confuses me slightly... Is it supposed to be Ancient Shadow Set-alt? I thought Ancient Shadow Set was, like Ancient Cobalt Set, made for people who liked the old look for Shadow Armor/Jungle Armor or something. (We don't have Ancient Crimson Armor either, for the record.)

Edit: I'm also in favor of it being "The Distortion" instead of "The Distorted".

I would like more glitch stuff, for example, the background could be an inverted and 90 degrees turned version of the forest background, while you're there, the sky becomes static, like on a TV screen, and when you die in the biome the screen instead of just a regular death penalty, at the moment of death the computer does like old TV's when shut down, if you don't know what I'm talking about:
The outline is the screen.
_______
(all black)
And after that the regular "You Died" will show on the black screen. When you respawn the black "disipates" into static and you're by your bed.
Another suggestion would be trees having a chance to appear upside down.

These are of course just suggestions, take a few or them all or none, if you like anything and decide to add it to the thread please leave credit in a corner.

Edit: I'm also in favor of it being "The Distortion" instead of "The Distorted".
Just to say, this is my biome, and I will ignore any future comments about the name unless it gets a overwhelming amount of support for a new name.
If Corruptwood isn't good, how 'bout Errorwood instead? As an avid glitch hunter, me likey.
Okay.
but the concept sounds rad! It has potential for crazy stuff like Blue Screen of Death-painting/backwalls and worms made up of ballistic Bunny-sprites!
Well, nice ideas there!
I'm actually not at all against alts either, replay value is rad.
AND... If someone complains about "unnecessary", then if your reason of no support inflicted everything past 1.2, then we wouldn't have near as much.
However, Beta Error Armour confuses me slightly... Is it supposed to be Ancient Shadow Set-alt? I thought Ancient Shadow Set was, like Ancient Cobalt Set, made for people who liked the old look for Shadow Armor/Jungle Armor or something. (We don't have Ancient Crimson Armor either, for the record.)
Well, I'm making the Beta Error Armour right now, then I'll get someone else to make the actual armour's sprite. I'm not good at making armour, you see.
Still doesn't really work. It's grammatically incorrect, which, regardless of what you say, will bug the hell out of some people, me included.
I see what you did...

I'm not sure if you misunderstood my mention of replay value, but I meant that in non-sarcastic way. :p I'm glad I could contribute somehow.
I still don't get the point of Beta Error Set vs. Error Set, though. They're statistically identical, so will they just have different appearance like Ancient Shadow set has to Shadow set? (Not that there's anything wrong with it, if they look cool in their own ways.) Other being dropped by enemies and the other being craftable seems to imply so.

...I'm sorry, but you seem to be missing the perfect opportunity here.
NO MISSINGNO.?

I mean come on! He could be the woods chair, or an enemy, or even a boss!

Missingno_RB.png

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Missingno.

Perfectly good reference

say no more. support! a problem though: with this in the game, we'd have 3 dark and 1 light biome, and the hallow doesnt really fit with the distorted.
also, perhaps instead of "making the world glitchy ??%" it could be "M͟͠ak̨̨i͟ng͘ ͡͠͡t́҉h̢͘e͡ ͟w͠or͠ld͏ ̨̛G̷͡lit͝c̨hy̵̡̨.̀͟͠..̶"

Sorry for being inactive. I have decided to at least consider everyone's ideas, and also, as some people have suggested Missingno. as a reference, he will now be a rare miniboss.

I think I'm late but it seems like a really nice sugg <3 also is your computed infected with... uh... edeals? >.<
That was earlier. Luckily, I have been able to get rid of it. Goody-goody for me, right?

say no more. support! a problem though: with this in the game, we'd have 3 dark and 1 light biome, and the hallow doesnt really fit with the distorted.
also, perhaps instead of "making the world glitchy ??%" it could be "M͟͠ak̨̨i͟ng͘ ͡͠͡t́҉h̢͘e͡ ͟w͠or͠ld͏ ̨̛G̷͡lit͝c̨hy̵̡̨.̀͟͠..̶"
Don't worry - this is a suggestion and if it was added, why not add 2 Hallow alternative suggestions too?

P.S: How much people would like a FNaF reference? If we can get enough people to support this idea, I'll add a ??? (Suggest which animatronic!) miniboss along with 2 corruption/crimson minibosses too so the miniboss balance is equal!

Last edited:
Then why does it need a reference to a game which can do without a reference?
You mean a extremely popular game that has been around for 20 years and a glitch which may be even more popular than the series? Or 4 games from last year that are only popular due to a person on youtube liking it?

You mean a extremely popular game that has been around for 20 years and a glitch which may be even more popular than the series? Or 4 games from last year that are only popular due to a person on youtube liking it?
"Which is only popular due to"
"ONLY POPULAR DUE TO"

Uhhh, remember that FNaF is also popular for its lore.

Back
Top Bottom