The Land of the Dead (Text Adventure)

"Well, that explains it, I suppose." Magnus mutters. Louder he says, "So, what exactly is that city called?" He asks, gesturing to the wall in the distance.

"Hah. How ironic that a narcissistic, delusional vampire hunter from the 14th century would come back as a damn vampire, or what looks to be one. My name's Phaedra. I'm guessing I'm another vampire, I have an insatiable craving for blood ever since that maid clobbered me with a broom handle."

"Hah. How ironic that a narcissistic, delusional vampire hunter from the 14th century would come back as a damn vampire, or what looks to be one. My name's Phaedra. I'm guessing I'm another vampire, I have an insatiable craving for blood ever since that maid clobbered me with a broom handle."
“I would calm your tone little boy!” I growl at Phaedra while I stare him dead in the eyes. I have my hand on my blade.

"Can't you see? We're both vampires. Not only are you what you aimlessly chased throughout your entire adult life like a headless chicken, you're also talking to one!"

~~~~Radio~~~~
Weather Report: The moon has begun to shine once more, the rain is finally gone!

~~~~Greyton (@Xmax360)~~~~
HP: 274/300 LVL: 1
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Roadside
~~~And~~~
~~~~Fred (@tappaja100)~~~~
HP: 199/200 LVL: 1
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Roadside

Greyton: 244/300
Fred: 169/200
VS
Mohawker Grunt: 20/80

The mohawker watches fred carefully and holds his club up to his face just as Fred fires his gun, the bullet hits and then gets stuck into the thick club!

Greyton attacks with his claws! It did 15 damage! The grunt manages to push greyton off of him.
The Mohawker grunt looks towards the blue one and makes a weird humming noise at him, the other grunt nods then proceeds to run away. Into the forest, the crimson knights open fire but seemingly keep missing their shots, and with that the blue one got away.
Mohawker Grunt: I’ll die, greater good…
The Mohawker grunt rushes Fred and smacks his arms with his club! It did 30 damage!
Fred has dropped his weapons!
And his arms now REALLY hurt!

~~~~Phaedra (@Madder)~~~~
HP: 319/425 LVL:2
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Study
~~~And~~~
~~~~Varvin Arthan (@Person999)~~~~
HP: 250/250 LVL 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Study.

Phaedra asks grimal about the crystal
Grimal: Oh this? This is a Mooncrystal, i named it after… well… that’s not really important, What IS important is that this crystal is 100% custom built by me! I have them all over the land of the dead by request of Death himself, anyone can use them to quickly teleport to another one…

Buuuuuut there is just one problem, you see about a day or 2 ago, time is hard to tell here… A powerful surge of energy came from the Murkwater Mire in the far west, and afterwards ALL of my crystals broke down. I managed to get the one in Grimwich City working, and now this one!

Grimal touches the crystal and several screens of crystals from all over the land of the dead appear, they all have X’s on them except this one.

Grimal: W… Where is grimwich city…?
Don’t tell me…
*Heavy sigh*
Alright, SO, this is currently the only working one…

Grimal falls down into a shadowy puddle while making a stressed out “Ughghhhhghh” noise before quickly reforming.
Grimal: I really hope whatever that energy even was, doesn’t happen again, this place is supposed to be paradise not work...

The exchange between Phaedra and Varvin happens now.

~~~~Brother Garrun (@IHATETHISSIGNUP / Jedinate)~~~~
Body HP: 200/200
Head HP: 200/200 LVL:1
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Church of the Reaper

Emily: W-well.. I could.. Perhaps we could… make a deal then? You see, me and the father here, have been having… some trouble. I don’t know if you noticed the boarded up door but…

The deeper parts of the church have had an… infestation.
A- A few Ghouls somehow snuck into the church, and they were sealed into the deeper chapel… if you could remove them, i’d happily just.. Well.. give you the crossbow.

Father Marvin: Emily, you cannot just ask him to deal with ghouls, They are powerful creatures, large claws and an endless hunger. The only thing they fear is fire…
Emily: Then … perhaps he could take a torch? And make fire… arrows?
Marvin looks concerned.

~~~~Benevolent Tingler (@Deputy Hue)~~~~
Body HP: 300/300
Head HP: 300/300 LVL 1
Current Location: Pumpkin Yard: nearing Truce Town

As the tingler dodgerolls towards the nearby town, the rain finally stops.
He makes it to the gates of the town, 3 people holding shotguns are seen at the gate talking to some strange skeleton wearing rags
Skeleton: PLEASE BELIEVE ME! I SAW THEM! THE GROUND OPENED RIGHT UP AND ONE OF THOSE PUMPKIN PEOPLE SCOUT SHIPS ZIPPED RIGHT OUT!
Truce Town Guard: Yeahh suuuuure… Look Pete, please stop lingering around here, No one cares about your crazy conspiracies…
Crazy Pete: THEM AIN’T CONSPIRACIES YA BABOON, THESE ARE 100% GRADE A FACTS!
Truce Town Guard: Look, just last week you were trying to convince everyone that the “Pumpkin People” turned your plain strider gay…
Crazy Pete: BUT THEY DID!

~~~~Magnus (@TheGuy)~~~~
HP: 450/450 LVL 1
Current Location: The Ashlands: Sprawling Sands

Strixis: That city, that is my Empire, The Desert Jewel i call it. It’s mostly just a shopping town and a place to stay safe from the Sand Shifters.
I take it you were heading in that direction?
Because if you are, i’d recommend the Mcdonalds for food, i made sure that my cities mcdonald’s would sell only the highest quality of food, it’s practically an olive garden at this point!
Aside from that we mainly just have plenty of smitherys and clothing stores.

Fred quickly picks his pistol back up, and shoots the grunt ":red: you and your greater good!" IF it dies he'll pick his rifle back up.

The Mohawker simply goes for a club to Fred's head, with a rather neutral expression, as if it is completely coming to terms with it's coming demise.

I'm first... But group shall know you... We remember grudges...
◄►◄►◄►
Also, I must say, I'm surprised it took this long, but I think that's the first time an undisputed swear has been used in an uncensored form(disregarding the :red: filter) in one of DGI's forum games.

Magnus nods, though he lost interest in this conversation a while ago. "Well, this has been nice, but I'm going to get going."

Grimal: Well, my name is Grimal as i said! and i guess i'm a shadow creature....

So if i heard your introduction right a few minutes ago, your name a Phaedra? so tell me, what brings you to this old castle? No one usually likes to come here anymore because of the monsters that infest it. this entire castle used to be a thriving settlement, then a ton of beasts showed up in the inner workings of the place...

"Your friend Alfred directed me here. He had a rather ominous tone when he was introducing me to this world. Don't think he particularly likes me."

(Benevolent Tingler)
Tingler approaches the crazy man and give him a hug, because that's all he really needed in this world.

"Your friend Alfred directed me here. He had a rather ominous tone when he was introducing me to this world. Don't think he particularly likes me."
Grimal: Oh alfred? He is a pretty nice guy, with a special ability, he can see the crimes of the past lives of people he stares into, i'm imagining that if he was doing his "Omnimous routine" he does to the common criminal, then you must've not been the most... Morally right path... hey, i don't judge. as long as you aren't harming me or my friends you do what you want.

Alfred was assigned the job to help those on a rather bad path go over to a better path, but sadly he can't help them all. he tried to help someone named Gregg Tralivenk many many years back, but Gregg still pursued the path of evil, and now he is one of the most elusive and dangerous crime bosses here...

Grimal: Disappointed mostly, wine is the answer to him. but he did report to Death all he knew of him, and because of this Death's revenants know every single detail about Gregg EXCEPT his location. we know he is in the bad side of 13th street somewhere, but no one has yet to find him.

i think he fears now that if he fails to help other people, there will just be more greggs running around causing chaos...

Back
Top Bottom