Sprites The River (Alternate Underworld)

The instant-kill seems a bit overpowered. All you have to do is shoot plantera around 100 times and she dies with a weapon you can get at the very start of hardmode.

EDIT: I'm talking about the death penalty weapon.
Read more.
The Death Penalty acts like an early Tactical Shotgun crossed with a Rocket Launcher. It is not auto-fire, but fires 4 projectiles in a small cone for the cost of 1 bullet. Death Penalty allows bullets to explode, but the blasts can harm the player. Additionally, the Death Penalty has a 20% chance to not consume ammo and a 1% chance to instantly kill non-boss enemies.

While this is really cool and well thought out, there are 2 problems: it takes out fundamental principles of Terraria, which would probably be confusing and annoying to many veterans, and I just think the Depth is a whole lot cooler and more interesting.

While this is really cool and well thought out, there are 2 problems: it takes out fundamental principles of Terraria, which would probably be confusing and annoying to many veterans, and I just think the Depth is a whole lot cooler and more interesting.

For some reasons I favor Snickerbobble's suguesstions over OPs when it comes to which gets incorporated first, but I think this river can work in Terraria, so can you explain what fundamental principles would be taken out?

For some reasons I favor Snickerbobble's suguesstions over OPs when it comes to which gets incorporated first, but I think this river can work in Terraria, so can you explain what fundamental principles would be taken out?
Half the standard accessories, Wall Of Flesh, Hellstone. In general this is such a drastic change that I think people would be upset with it.

i like this one better than depths
and don't see anything about this that should be objectionable to "old players" if crimson can be accepted
(except maybe switching out lava, how would that work in lower cavern layer? but if the biome just changed the color like water does...)

i like this one better than depths
and don't see anything about this that should be objectionable to "old players" if crimson can be accepted
(except maybe switching out lava, how would that work in lower cavern layer? but if the biome just changed the color like water does...)

Supposed there would still be lava pits. a lore reason for Aether in the Lower caven layer (it is the 5th element in Alchemy and the essence of life IIRC so it seeping into the earth is likely), or maybe this will be implemented along with a Volcano biome that would make the Lava thing a non issue

Supposed there would still be lava pits, maybe this will be implemented along with a Volcano biome that would make the Lava thing a non issue
makes sense.
well it'd at least look/act that way, but volcano probably unnecessary
do something like "lava below depth 5000 or so acts like aether" (and a biome fountain to let you replicate the look cosmetically elsewhere)
iirc the engine still has a 4 liquid limit, we know they can change the colors, we know they can add effects(chill from icewater) but unless you want to waste the final liquid on a biome specific lava thats not gonna even be in half the worlds then it can't actually be aether. without blowing their final liquid you can't scoop a bucket of lava and a bucket of aether in the same world(and since you could bring an aether bucket into hell worlds if they existed it'd just have to be special biome lava. so the planctae would just stay obsidian and an aether bucket would just be a lava bucket)
so it'd look like aether, act like aether if encountered, but not aether according to the engine

edit-actually doesn't need to be lava, could be special water (assuming they can make biome water glow). that might even work better

Last edited:
well it'd at least look/act that way, that makes sense.
something like "lava below depth 5000 or so acts like aether" (and a biome fountain to let you do it cosmetically elsewhere)
iirc the engine still has a 4 liquid limit, we know they can change the colors, we know they can add effects(chill from icewater) but unless you want to waste the final liquid on basically biome specific lava thats not gonna even be in half the worlds then it can't actually be aether. without blowing their final liquid you can't scoop a bucket of lava and a bucket of aether in the same world(and you could bring them into each world so it'd just have to be special biome lava. so the planctae would just stay obsidian)

edit- doesn't need to be lava, could be special water (assuming they can make biome water glow). that might even work better

I see, well to bypass the limit Aether could be just be retextured Lava, the two are mutually exclusive until a special fountain is used to change the nearby Aether into Lava (and Vice versa, they could be Obsidian colored fountains.)

Highly support!
Would be perfect for an alternate hell and I like the references.
We need a banner. Seriously.
Or if it exists and I didn't notice it, sorry... just rushed through the posts.

I think the Death Penalty should have a 1/300 chance to deal 3x damage over an insta kill. But I do like the idea.
It would be a little too close to the Cerberus with that modification. The 1% instant kill chance would be impractical to rely on so I don't find it too powerful.

Back
Top Bottom