Mobile "The save file --.player was created with a newer version of Terraria and could not be loaded"

Contrariwise

Terrarian
This morning I was playing Terraria on Kindle Fire, and I was suddenly kicked out and got the message "The save file --.player was created with a newer version of Terraria and could not be loaded".

Does anyone know what I should do? Any advice? Any hope? Will I get my Terrablade back?

(Only this one character was affected, I can still play the other one, so I know the issue isn't really the version of Terraria. Of course it was my best character.)

This morning I was playing Terraria on Kindle Fire, and I was suddenly kicked out and got the message "The save file --.player was created with a newer version of Terraria and could not be loaded".

Does anyone know what I should do? Any advice? Any hope? Will I get my Terrablade back?

(Only this one character was affected, I can still play the other one, so I know the issue isn't really the version of Terraria. Of course it was my best character.)
I'm sorry to say that I've never heard of anyone getting their game file back once this happens. I don't know why it happens, but I've seen other reports of this, although I'm not sure I've heard of it kicking you out.

In any case, hopefully you've taken advantage of the extra save slots and manually made backups of the world before it was corrupted, explained here: Mobile Backup Instructions

Sorry I don't have better news. If you'd like to talk with 505 Games directly and see if they have any better news about your issue, you can open a Support Ticket with them here (you'll need to make an account to open a ticket): https://support.505games.com/en/support/home

Does anyone know the cause of this? Happened again to my new character.
The other one had a frickin Dungeon Guardian Pet. I felt really bad. Good thing, I was able to restore the .world file, but the good things like the armor and stuff were gone.
How can I prevent this?
If this happens again, I'll be done with Terraria.

Back
Top Bottom