1. For issues you find with the Console 1.3 release, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    A FAQ with notes and workarounds can be found HERE. Please check this first to see if this helps your issue.

Terraria: Otherworld This is the End: Otherworld Development Cancelled

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Loki, Apr 12, 2018.

1. ShadowOfDarkness

ShadowOfDarkness Plantera

I love all your feedback! :3

Also, you've accidentally duplicated your response to Kristijan, and me. xD

2. shadowwraith

shadowwraith Terrarian

Sad to hear about otherworlds cancellation, however the assets and concepts created could be re-purposed and used in future updates of Terraria or the next Terraria game

3. forerunner2002

forerunner2002 Terrarian

I wanted to ask, but will all work on the project be completely deleted? if not, is it possible that maybe when a larger scale of projects are being completed, that T:OW might be brought up again?

4. 11770

11770 Terrarian

i was mostly excited for the different gfx style T:OW had, it looked really amazing to me. sad to see it go this way.

5. Dtmayo

Dtmayo Plantera

It looked awesome. If it were just a re-skin with new items, bosses and a few mechanics that they had in ie grapple physics I would have been happy. I don't need something immaculate.

6. Xylia

Xylia Terrarian

So.... about that building spoiler.

If they got more of that kind of thing in 1.3.6, I think Terraria will be going nice places, regardless if some people think it is a "dead" game.

Lunaris likes this.
  7. KoolAidDogan

KoolAidDogan Terrarian

Is there any way to change the placement of the Team Health bars? For Unleveled anyways.

8. Captain Taz

Captain Taz Terrarian

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Q-Q

I'm really sad that Otherworld was cancelled... The graphics and the music and everything in between was so amazing and exciting....

I'd been hyped for years and I'm really sad that Otherworld's been permanently shelved....

9. -=+=Frostiikin=+=-

-=+=Frostiikin=+=- Skeletron

So... How long till someone leaks the game?

Amit likes this.
  10. Redknight910

Redknight910 Official Terrarian

Well, not the news I was hoping for in regards to Otherworld, but good to know a decision was made, and that we know what's going on. Props to Re-Logic for not compromising even in the face of such a hard decision.

11. Drake katchadorian

Drake katchadorian Eye of Cthulhu

I do believe they can release parts of it like those purifying towers to terraria and some other stuff in an experimental update to see if they would work good.

12. Itsnootnoot

Itsnootnoot Plantera

This was THE game I was waiting for...

Goddammit.

Lunaris likes this.
  13. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

Yeah, was having a very trying day with my internet connection - sorry about that! :confused:

It is crazy how much it grows on you. I already take it for granted - it was literally the first reaction I had on my console playthrough - "oh crap, no Block Swap..."

Absolutely one of those "wait, we used to play Terraria without this" features - right next to one-block step-up, quick stack, etc.

Lunaris, ShadowOfDarkness and Xylia like this.
  14. Xylia

Xylia Terrarian

I was playing Thorium Mod the other day and I just got to the Dungeon, and I freed the mechanic, got a pair of wire cutters and I'm like.......OH.......that's......right..... it's not 1.3.5.3... no wire mechanics update.

Blaaah.

Kinda took the wind out of my sails.

Couldn't you guys get with the tModLoader team somehow and help them get it up to date or something? lol. Because now, with this block update being missing as well, who's gonna wanna play mods when there's so many missing features? But yet, modding is kinda-sorta what is really helping keep the game alive in the first place. No offense to the vanilla game which is awesome, but you know what I mean.

15. Cyberra

Cyberra Eye of Cthulhu

You have a better chance of seeing the Moon Lord on water skis in vanilla, pretty sure

16. Xylia

Xylia Terrarian

Which is so odd, because Re-Logic has said that they are supportive/encouraging of modding, enough that they dedicated an entire section of the forums to it. They've said in the past that building modding support into the vanilla game is something they'd like to do, but wasn't feasible at the time.

Well, okay, if it's not feasible, that's understandable... but surely at least providing at least some assistance to the tML team would be better than nothing?

17. eugeneko

eugeneko Official Terrarian

T_T
    So sad. They could have leaked Otherworld build at least...
    Rep in pes, Otherworld.

18. Gotcha!

Gotcha! Pumpking

Hmm, a darn shame, but unfortunately, :red: happens. And, admittedly, a part of me saw this coming.
    I hope Re-Logic will recollect themselves and manage to pursuit new endeavours. It'd be an even greater shame if Terraria will be the only game Re-Logic will be known for.

Good luck!

19. QBEYofGENSOKYO

QBEYofGENSOKYO Terrarian

someday, sooner or later, supporting of Terraria will be ended
    and new Terraria will not come to replace it
    it's beginning of the end...

20. Amit

Amit Terrarian

IMG-20180414-WA0008.jpg guess I'll die