Biomes & Nature [Tobbvald's Tinkering] The Contagion (f.k.a. Corrosion)

Oh sorry. So Tobbvald made the mod on his computer, but he is just sharing his ideas?
There is no mod, it is a suggestion for the Relogic team to add to Terraria. God blimey
index.php

What part of not a mod do you people not understand? It's a suggestion

@Tobbvald I think you need to put in bold text at the top of the suggestion that it isn't a mod
That'd just be silly! I mean this IS the suggestion-section of the forum, right? ....Right??? So how can someone browsing for mods even end up here? If anything, that sort of announcement should be displayed to whoever browses this entire section or something.

That'd just be silly! I mean this IS the suggestion-section of the forum, right? ....Right??? So how can someone browsing for mods even end up here? If anything, that sort of announcement should be displayed to whoever browses this entire section or something.
Maybe they saw it in the recent posts section on the main page and didn't see what section it was in? Also, are you going to be adding some quest fish soon?

Maybe they saw it in the recent posts section on the main page and didn't see what section it was in? Also, are you going to be adding some quest fish soon?
Time will tell.

I've already posted this on another one of my threads, but as it currently stands I guess I'm just a bit skeptical regarding TT's chances of reaching Vanilla even in pieces. I know that suggestions shouldn't be about whether they are accepted by the devs, but so far we've received no clear message about whether such large features will have a place in Terraria post-1.3. So far we only know that the main devs are moving on to a different stage, and nothing about what will happen with Terraria and its suggestions. When you put so much time and effort into something, it's unavoidable to become kind of a bummer if the entire thing will just go by unused.

With that in mind I've deliberately put things on Hiatus here until we have a clear statement from the Team regarding what the future holds for suggestions, and have instead moved focus elsewhere.

Your feedback and discussions are of course still welcome, and I'll be more than happy to answer questions regarding my suggestions should you have some, but I'll not have more content ready for them until I actually know where this whole thing is heading.

Time will tell.

I've already posted this on another one of my threads, but as it currently stands I guess I'm just a bit skeptical regarding TT's chances of reaching Vanilla even in pieces. I know that suggestions shouldn't be about whether they are accepted by the devs, but so far we've received no clear message about whether such large features will have a place in Terraria post-1.3. So far we only know that the main devs are moving on to a different stage, and nothing about what will happen with Terraria and its suggestions. When you put so much time and effort into something, it's unavoidable to become kind of a bummer if the entire thing will just go by unused.

With that in mind I've deliberately put things on Hiatus here until we have a clear statement from the Team regarding what the future holds for suggestions, and have instead moved focus elsewhere.

Your feedback and discussions are of course still welcome, and I'll be more than happy to answer questions regarding my suggestions should you have some, but I'll not have more content ready for them until I actually know where this whole thing is heading.
I Feel Like Avalon Should Have Added The Contagion With Most Of The Stuff From This Suggestion

Ya know, the more I look at this thread, the more I enjoy it. I'll be honest: This started out as my least favorite of the alt spreading biomes that I had seen. But I started to see its worth, and now I think it's amazing.

By the way, I was looking at your TO thread, and I found something called the "Corruption's Grasp". I loved that idea, but I can see why this whole thing was removed. However, I think that if the mandibles lingered for a time acting like a spike, it would work again. Personally, I like that idea quite a bit and hate to see it go to waste. Also, are you gonna resprite the Dungeon Bricks to go with the evil biome bosses? It doesn't make sense that Green Brick has EoW symbolism.

One last idea:

I have a concept for the Wall of Death.

Basically, it's a giant wall of mud with Contagion-grass on the outside. The mouth is facing you, while there is a single eye on the other side of the mouth (the side not facing you). There are Entangling Vines (the Hungry counterpart) that act like the Hungry but they also shoot thorns at you that are affected by gravity. Meanwhile, the mouth scatters spores that land on blocks and turn into Fly Traps, the Leech counterpart. Fly Traps are Plant AI enemies that have a huge extension range.

Every once in a while, the eye, mouth and Entangling Vines retract into the wall, and the wall passes you. This doesn't make you get the equivalent to the Tongue, instead, the mouth pops out on the other side of you and the Wall changes directions! It stops attacking you other than charging, and starts speeding extremely fast towards the edge of the world it came from. To get it to turn around, you must deal 500 damage, after which it returns to its original speed and direction.

I support this and it's opposite biome you should really add support banners.
The simplest way would be to just grab the banner in my signature. I guess you could alternatively just follow the link in it and just use the icons there for the specific threads you like if you want to support specific parts of TT.

Blooming Dead looks incredible.

dyHhS7A.png
<Incredible
[DOUBLEPOST=1436740878,1436740774][/DOUBLEPOST]Did you sprite these? If not, who did?
I would like you/them to help me with a couple sprites in my mod.

Back
Top Bottom