Casual Unpopular Opinion Thread

Hey, I'm from Canada, so how about we make things more confusing?
Here we have three systems. Metric, US Imperial, and Normal Imperial. Normally the two imperial systems are pretty similar, but then there's a few things that are different. Like for example, how much liquid is actually in a gallon.

I also only have experience cooking with imperial measurements, but could never tell you what the outside temperature is in Fahrenheit. I also use Kilometres instead of Miles, but normally use Feet instead of Metres. I also only know outside barometric pressure in inches of mercury.

Here's how it works.

0 Degrees: Water freezes. It's the base number for this system.

100 Degrees: Water boils. It's a perfect 100, which makes it very easy for people to remember.

-Degrees: These are past freezing temperatures. They are negative numbers, so when you see them you know they're freezing temperatures.

Under 0 Degrees and up to 15 degrees is varying levels of cold temperatures.
15 to 25 degrees is warm.
25-40 is hot.

It's a really good idea to start learning Celcius and the metric system because it brings us closer to making them universal.

I hate celsius
It doesn't make sense to me
Celsius doesn't make sense to me either, because I grew up with fahrenheit (and frankly don't want to switch).
I know that 0° C is 32° F and 100° C is 212° F, but because I didn't grow up with it and haven't necessarily needed to learn it, I don't know what is hot and what is cold with celsius.

Also, Metric is better than Imperial.

America, Canada, Britain: Please use metric like the rest of the world. It's easier to remember the different measurement units in metric because they all have prefixes to determine their value.

Also, Metric is better than Imperial.

America, Canada, Britain: Please use metric like the rest of the world. It's easier to remember the different measurement units in metric because they all have prefixes to determine their value.
Canada???? We use metric though????

Back
Top Bottom