Portfolio/Multi-Topic Biome Weapon Project: Implementation

How did I do?

• Hey, that works! New biome weapons are starting to make a lot more sense to implement now!

Votes: 112 86.8%
  • You... you s-s-solved the Avenger Emblem problem! Oh my gosh!

Votes: 66 51.2%
  • Hey, those Lanterns seem really neat! I'd love to have these.

Votes: 58 45.0%
  • You didn't solve jack squat-o! Boo!

Votes: 7 5.4%

• Total voters
I've decided to make every biome weapon (except for those of the unavailable evil biome) available to every world.
What about those in the unavailable "good' biomes, as you seem to be addressing Zoomo and Tobbvald's suggestions

I love this! We need more minibiomes, like the one cenx spoilered. Also those lanterns look amazing to have. Would love to have the warrior one during a pirate invasion!

Overall it seems pretty dang awesome, my only problem with it is that some of these things will be damn hard to code.... Especally since nearly all the new weapons would need to be custom and can't just be made with a simple "copy-restat-resprite". Awesome, but not really sure about how likely it is to actually make it into the game :p
(Who knows about mods though, tAPI is getting pretty powerful..)

They're game developers. They code stuff for a living.

I will have to agree to this.

Unlike us, who can only make mods that 'attach' to the game in order to add content. A game developer may have it just as difficult or insanely easy just to make things like these. They have access to the entire game and it's engine. We can only go by only so little.

I will have to agree to this.

Unlike us, who can only make mods that 'attach' to the game in order to add content. A game developer may have it just as difficult or insanely easy just to make things like these. They have access to the entire game and it's engine. We can only go by only so little.
While this is true, the more complex something is to code, the less likely they are to do it. Also tAPI makes things WAY easier to do then for devs who actually have to hardcode it instead of just add a few lines in a .json file and a tiny dash of placebo C# like modders use, tAPI does SO much stuff for you it's barely coding... Also, as Red said, Terraria's engine is pretty dang limited, and while things like the rain bow might be easy, things like the chest locator could easily be rather complex. This problem is multiplied by the fact that they would, again, have to code each item individually due to their unique usestyles

These weapons are really cool!
But i dont really want to farm plantera for twenty keys... Then again i dont really want to farm four key molds from each biome, or the souls required for this. If i would want to get each weapon, i would need 100 of each mechanical boss's soul
And as a completionist, like me, i would want each weapon.

Besides, i would want to have each weapon for the mage class in my main mage world anyways, completionist or no. Theyre just so fun!

But the farimg you wold have to put in for this kinda turns me away from this suggestion.:sigh:

Edit: now with key molds being removed, I 100% approve of this suggestion!

Last edited:
In case you haven't been paying attention to what I've been up to lately:
Biome Weapon Project: Snow
Biome Weapon Project: Crimson
Biome Weapon Project: Corruption
Biome Weapon Project: Hallow
Biome Weapon Project: Jungle
Biome Weapon Project: Underworld
Biome Weapon Project: Desert
Biome Weapon Project: Cyber

Many people have showed concern over how my new biome weapons could be implemented into the game. This is where I will address those concerns and hopefully develop this into something we can all agree upon.

I've decided to make every biome weapon (except for those of the unavailable good/evil biomes) available to every world.

With all of my biome weapons, the total number is brought up to twenty. That's sixteen in any given world. That's a lot. Way too much for the dungeon. So my proposal is that the twelve chests that don't fit into the dungeon can be scattered across the world in world generation, in mini biomes a bit like the one spoilered by Cenx for the Enchanted Sword. These can be encased in Crimstone/Ebonstone/Mudstone/Snow/Pearlstone Bricks, or perhaps some new building material that requires Molten for access. New chambers will need to be created within the dungeon during worldgen for the biome chests that it contains.

A special feature of these mini biomes is that each contains a special placeable item.

Summoner Lantern
Buffs nearby players with Summoner's Blessing, which increases summon damage by 5%. (This will only work once minion damage is allowed to periodically update.)
Found in the same chamber as the biome chests that contain the Staff of the Frost Hydra, Angelic Staff, Infernal Staff, Vampire Staff, Bone Dragon Staff, Bandaged Staff, and Carnivora Staff.
Crafting station: Ancient Emblem-->Summoner Emblem.

Ranger Lantern
Buffs nearby players with Ranger's Blessing, which increases ranged damage by 5%.
Found in the same chamber as the biome chests that contain the Subzero Machine Gun, Rain Bow, Ecliptic, Bloodlust Arrow, Mortarus, Desert Eagles, and Piranha Gun.
Crafting station: Ancient Emblem-->Ranger Emblem.

Warrior Lantern
Buffs nearby players with Warrior's Blessing, which increases melee damage by 5%.
Found in the same chamber as the biome chests that contain the Cyclone Squall, Prism Lance, Scourge of the Corruptor, Vampire Knives, Blazing Gale, Pharaoh's Serpent, and Amazon Wrath.
Crafting station: Ancient Emblem-->Warrior Emblem.

Sorcerer Lantern
Buffs nearby players with Sorcerer's Blessing, which increases magic damage by 5%.
Found in the same chamber as the biome chests that contain the Hailstorm Rod, Rainbow Gun, Parasite Launcher, Vessel Net, Seven Sins, Desert Sun, and Viridian Storm.
Crafting station: Ancient Emblem-->Sorcerer Emblem.

The Wall of Flesh will now drop the Ancient Emblem, Clockwork Assault Rifle, Breaker Blade, and Laser Rifle at the same rate.

(The Ancient Emblem is an accessory that serves only as a crafting material. Thanks for the name, Dragrath!)

Furthermore, because there is no longer an expectation that a player will only need each biome key once, the drop rate can be raised to 1/1500.

What do you think? A good solution? Let me recap:
Because players know the type of biome chest and the class of weapon inside, they can identify the weapon inside before unlocking it, preventing them from wasting their key on a weapon they didn't want.
The Wall of Flesh/Avenger Emblem problem is solved; players can use the appropriate Class Lantern (which I assume they will have collected, or recorded the location of) to craft the Emblem of their choice.
Encourages full exploration of the world to track the biome chests.

Here's a little something that might help with finding those chests, by the way:

Power Level Scouter
"It's over nine thousand!"
Crafted: GPS, Soul of Might, Soul of Sight, Soul of Fright
Displays the distance to the nearest locked biome chest as if it were a team member in multiplayer, in addition to standard GPS stuff. Also displays what biome it's from.

What do you think? If there are any lingering questions, ask away!
If the parasite launcher would have parasites that would go limp after hitting or flail around when hitting enemies that would be soo cool. I would use that thing for everything. Like 20 of those bad boys just hangin off the EoC. NICE!

Back
Top Bottom