Search results for query: *

• Users: Scironex
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Scironex

Non-Weighted Pressure Plates do not trigger from below.

If a Player ascends into a Pressure Plate from below without moving horizontally, the pressure plate does not activate, and, in fact, cannot activate until the player is no longer in the trigger area. A mechanism built like the setup in the attached file can be used to test this. Walk underneath...
  2. Scironex

**REPORTED** Golden Lock Boxes not openable.

Attempted to open a Golden Lock Box by right-clicking it in inventory while a golden key was in my inventory. The Golden Lock Box was instead picked up as though I left-clicked.
  3. Scironex

Welcome to Radiant Garden

This is the area devoted to my surface Hallow base. It came out exceptionally well, so I'm posting it here. The Party Girl's house is supposed to be like a club, with the rainbow bricks being a dance floor.
  4. Scironex

Sciro's Celestial Q&A

Ask me what you like. Literally anything that doesn't violate forum rules. Questions that would go beyond PG-13 will not be answered in this thread, but they can be directed at my tumblr - scironex.tumblr.com . Things I won't answer Nothing, at present, but that's subject to change.
  5. Scironex

Weapons & Equip Rail Boots

I don't think I'm the only one who thinks it's really annoying that you can't stand on rails. So my first thought was that you should be able to stand on them. But that would be a really boring and situational accessory. "So are the fishing accessories." Yeah, and we don't need any more of...
  6. Scironex

Drawings & Paintings Ceci n'est pas les Sprites des Scironex

GUESS WHO GOT A DRAWN ART THREAD! "I did!" No. No, you didn't. Strawman, get out of here. I got a drawn art thread. It was me. I will look at requests, but only expect me to rarely accept them. When I do, I may or may not notify you. My refusal also occupies such nebulous realms of...
  7. Scironex

Weapons & Equip A More Unique Shroomite Revamp

So, Shroomite. Truly the most garbage of set bonuses. As a preface, I'd advise looking at SzGamer's Variety Rather then Specialization Shroomite revamp. It accomplishes the task of changing the cloak mechanic such that it's actually effective. I, on the other hand, say, "Screw the cloaking."...
  8. Scironex

Weapons & Equip A Trio of Endgame Wings.

Everyone knows about the trio of endgame materials - Shroomite, Ectoplasm, and Beetle Husks. Note that you can also make wings with all these. Shut up. The imbalance of wings in Terraria is a topic for another thread, but I find it dissatisfying that only one of these has a special ability...
  9. Scironex

Items Moon Event Crafting Drops

First a bit of a preface. SzGamer's done a bit for fixing the Raven Staff specifically. It's a good step, but I'd like to go a bit further. Also, LoM2 has done some work for other 1.2 bosses which is worth mentioning. I don't agree with everything there, but it's more than worth a look. On to...
  10. Scironex

Items My take on ranger life steal

BLUH BLUH, LIFESTEAL OP, BLUH BLUH! YEAH, I'VE HEARD IT ALL, SISTER. THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO ARGUE WHETHER OR NOT RANGERS SHOULD HAVE LIFESTEAL. THIS THREAD IS FOUNDED UPON THE BASIS THAT LIFESTEAL ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE, WHICH IT ISN'T. IF YOU'RE GOING TO COMMENT, ADD SOMETHING RELEVANT TO THE...
  11. Scironex

How do I modify the stats of a vanilla item?

Resolved! Solution: (Thanks @bluemagic123 !) ItemDef.byType[itemID].damage = whatever; Replace itemID with the item ID, and whatever with the desired damage.
  12. Scironex

Weapons & Equip Fixing the Keybrand in the most esoteric way possible

"This is a bad idea." It's fine, trust me. "I dunno, I don't think people will get it." I guarantee that at least one person will understand. "I'm not so sure." Okay, Strawman, I'm the one making the suggestion here. So shut up. So we all know that the Keybrand is absolute garbage, even if it...
  13. Scironex

Game Mechanics Midas Spawn Rate Boost

Let me explain. The idea is that while you have an enemy on-screen that's inflicted with Midas, the spawn rate skews towards rare enemies. For example, in the HM Dungeon, The spawn rate of the varying skeletons would decrease, while the spawn rate of casters and ranged skeletons would moderately...
  14. Scironex

Weapons & Equip Relics - Summoner's Ore-tier weapons.

Summoners. The problem of how to adjust and balance their earlygame weapons has been addressed time and time again. I'm just gonna throw my opinion on how it should be solved and leave it for you to judge. First off, using silk in these recipes makes me cringe.The only reason that I'm doing so...
  15. Scironex

Weapons & Equip Revolver Staff

I recently read an idea for a cross-class item combining Ranged and Magic. The item I'm proposing bridges Melee and Ranged. It behaves like a polearm, but when it hits an enemy and there's a bullet in your inventory, it consumes one of them, and gives that bullet's effect and knockback. (and...
  16. Scironex

Game Mechanics Gating the Terra Blade past Plantera

It's very clear that the Terra Blade is OP and problematic for a variety of reasons. For those that don't know - it's a Post 1-mech tier weapon that's as powerful as Post Plantera weapons. Not only that, but it's also vastly superior to 2 other equal-tiered weapons, and makes them essentially...
  17. Scironex

Weapons & Equip Imbued Scabbard

I was reading another thread when someone brought up the idea an accessory that automatically uses the Ichor Flask. And I thought "Why not? In fact, why not let it auto use any flask?" Imbued Scabbard Accessory "Automatically consumes Melee Flasks." Whenever you strike an enemy with a Melee...
  18. Scironex

Blocks & Decoration Making Cloud Blocks Really Float

Building things up in the sky is a pain. "But Sciro, who the hayo builds something in the sky-" I thought I got rid of you in the Spectre Weapons thread, Strawman! Anyway, for one, Yrimir does, and I'm sure that countless others do too. Now shut up. Anyway, I thought what else is in the sky...
  19. Scironex

NPCs & Enemies Particular Perching Pets (Perhaps Parrots?)

You know what would be awesome? If parrots perched on your shoulder when you were standing idle. Not the enemies, the pet. While we're at it, why not have the hornet (both pet and minion) do it too? Also ravens, because they fly too. For the minions, this will only apply to the first one...
  20. Scironex

Weapons & Equip Confetti Spray

Me: It would be really cool if there was a flamethrower-style magic weapon. Me, in this thread: There should be a confetti magic weapon. Me, at the time of writing: Introduciiiiiiing the Confetti Spray! Ever wanted a magic spray to pierce enemies? Ever felt like confetti needed a better use...
Back
Top Bottom