Game Mechanics Allow using items from the inventory with autopause enabled

Cave wizard

Terrarian
Using items or building houses, for example, is pretty tedious in single player with autopause on. If you find a heart crystal, you need to pause, swap it with one of your item slots, use it, pause and replace the item you had in that slot. Building houses is inconvenient since you need to pause and move items around constantly. Here's what I propose:
To use an item, simply hold it outside the inventory and left click and it gets used immediately when you unpause.
To place furniture and the like, show a preview of it on the ground when in range (as it works when the game isn't paused), and when you left click it gets placed immediately when you unpause.
Basically, store the action until you unpause, like how dropping by right clicking works now.

I'm not sure if this is possible, but if it is, I think this would be one of the primary QoL changes left, at least in single player.

YES PLEASE, i cant tell you how annoying it is to have to switch my cellphone into my hotbar, unpause to use it, then put it back in my inventory.

Back
Top Bottom