tModLoader Class Based RPG Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pharoah is weird in that one of the bonuses is actually bad for him (increased mana cost). However its not bad!

The biome classes are quite nice, particularly like the Hallowed one since it allows creating a Pre-Hardmode Hallow Biome, though limited to forest since block conversion does not occur Pre-Hardmode... Unless their special ability in some way allows the expansion of their biome? A slash that crimsons, an arrow that corrupts, a spell that hallows...

Its interesting to see that Crimson is more defensive while Corruption is more offensive. And Hallow is all about output with mana regen.

Pharoah is weird in that one of the bonuses is actually bad for him (increased mana cost). However its not bad!

The biome classes are quite nice, particularly like the Hallowed one since it allows creating a Pre-Hardmode Hallow Biome, though limited to forest since block conversion does not occur Pre-Hardmode... Unless their special ability in some way allows the expansion of their biome? A slash that crimsons, an arrow that corrupts, a spell that hallows...

Its interesting to see that Crimson is more defensive while Corruption is more offensive. And Hallow is all about output with mana regen.
The idea with the Pharaoh is that he has to pay for his incredible magic damage by having high mana costs. Most classes have some penalties, but it's true that most don't have one affecting the same weapon type as its bonuses. Glad you like the new biome classes. Those based on spreading biomes could certainly end up with conversion special abilities.

I do have a question about these asterisk bonuses though. Do these appear as a little buff indicator to show when you're in range for said buffs?

Edit: The reason I ask is in case of those worlds that have the jumbled up biomes that happen occasionally. I'm not sure if that would be more towards unnecessary or if they would add clarity.

I do have a question about these asterisk bonuses though. Do these appear as a little buff indicator to show when you're in range for said buffs?

Edit: The reason I ask is in case of those worlds that have the jumbled up biomes that happen occasionally. I'm not sure if that would be more towards unnecessary or if they would add clarity.
There isn't a buff icon, but generally the bonuses are large enough that you can check just by looking at an affected stat (health/mana/defense) or the damage of a weapon. Biomes aren't exclusive. Of course, a buff could potentially add to clarity, but I'm not sure it's necessary.

That's what I was thinking. Well, I'm glad this just keeps expanding. Come to think of it, I'll be super stoked for the day you can get a spriter, just think of your Prefixes mod getting more items like those turrets. You could then make an Engineer/Mechanic class for this mod!

Starting Items: Slime staff.
Choosing this class will grant: +5% minion damage, -10% all other damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +4% minion damage.
Special: Minion damage bonus calculated as (1 + .7(max minions - 1)) (minion damage bonus). Can only summon one minion.
So, I basically think I understand, however I'd like to hear what that last bit is a bit clearer, if you wouldn't mind.

So, I basically think I understand, however I'd like to hear what that last bit is a bit clearer, if you wouldn't mind.
I'll assume you're talking about how the minion damage is calculated.

For each minion you would be able to summon past the first, you instead get +70% damage to your single minion. This damage is summed up, and then multiplied together with your standard minion bonus. For example, if you have 5 max minions and 40% minion damage, your minion damage is 1+(.50(5-1))(1.4) = 4.2, or +320% minion damage.

Edit: Fixed math, was using the wrong multiplier.

Last edited:
I'll assume you're talking about how the minion damage is calculated.

For each minion you would be able to summon past the first, you instead get +70% damage to your single minion. This damage is summed up, and then multiplied together with your standard minion bonus. For example, if you have 5 max minions and 40% minion damage, your minion damage is 1+(.70(5-1))(1.4) = 5.32, or +432% minion damage.
Figured something like that. Thanks for confirming!
Gonna play your mod now, as a Soulbound!

Hmm... how about a Priest with the effect of the Spectre Armor only weaker still? Would be interesting... Might even gain effects similar to Nebula armor at top tiers, weaker onviously. More of an "my magic attacks buff me" kind of deal.

Hmm... how about a Priest with the effect of the Spectre Armor only weaker still? Would be interesting... Might even gain effects similar to Nebula armor at top tiers, weaker onviously. More of an "my magic attacks buff me" kind of deal.

A priest could do something similar to the Healer class armours from Thorium mod; less magic damage, but easier casting. Either through lower cost, higher regeneration, or some other ability like a percent chance not to use mana. Or some combination. For an active ability, maybe they could throw down a temporary "totem" like some MMOs have - some kind of holy symbol or something that sits there for a while then despawns, but while it's around it gives buffs to all your stats, including regeneration, as long as you're within a certain range of it.

Maybe give the class a small boost to melee damage as well (priests with their staves and maces and all that) so they aren't completely helpless.

Hey! This mod awesome!
But i have little trouble: maybe i bad understand this mod, but when i pick class "Demon" - i lose melee damage. Wooden sword with no class - 7 melee damage, with demon class - 6 melee damage. Or this class reduced all damage?

P.S: sorry, i am bad in english... T__T

Hey! This mod awesome!
But i have little trouble: maybe i bad understand this mod, but when i pick class "Demon" - i lose melee damage. Wooden sword with no class - 7 melee damage, with demon class - 6 melee damage. Or this class reduced all damage?

P.S: sorry, i am bad in english... T__T
Good catch, and thank you for reporting this. Demon was losing 10% melee where it should have lost 10% minion damage, this will be fixed in the next update.

Would it be possible to add a Glass Cannon class? Increases damage highly but lowers defense drastically into negative levels?

Would it be possible to add a Glass Cannon class? Increases damage highly but lowers defense drastically into negative levels?
Rather than messing with the defense stat, I'd probably mess with the endurance modifier to make it take 1.5x damage or something. Yes, this is a possibility.

True enough. A powerful being with a very obvious weakness. A hero with a cowardly heart since he cant take a hit! Lol

Hero huh...

Vigilante class with slight dodge rate and attack speed? Starting off with climbing claws or having the tiger climbing gear effect innately to climb buildings. Boomeramg and swords are the most heroic early game weapons, and we still dont have a class with boomerangs or yoyos...

Someone suggested a glass cannon, and now I'm thinking of a character the exact opposite...
Maybe a class with super defenses, but can't actually attack? Or the attacks deal 1 damage... Maybe make it so all attacks deal 1 damage, but they cause debuffs that are far stronger than normal - like fire deals 5 or so per second, instead of it's 1 or so normally, and that effect gets stronger later on. Maybe a starting item of the Flare Gun, or something that inflicts debuffs.

This thought originally started as me thinking of a class like Darkness from Konosuba, that evolved a bit later.

Because the damage on debuffs is based on the debuff and victims defense, increasing the damage of the debuff of only one character is hard to do i think... Hed had to design several debuffs in a proggressive fashion.

Or else create a debuff which increases the damage taken by debuffs?

Regardless, the high defense pitiful attack type class should be the Fortress already in the game, no? High defense low attack and thorns effect.

Because the damage on debuffs is based on the debuff and victims defense, increasing the damage of the debuff of only one character is hard to do i think... Hed had to design several debuffs in a proggressive fashion.

Or else create a debuff which increases the damage taken by debuffs?

Regardless, the high defense pitiful attack type class should be the Fortress already in the game, no? High defense low attack and thorns effect.
Like I said, the thought originally started as me thinking of a character, a character who can take a bunch of hits, but is so inaccurate I don't think she could hit a mountain in front of her. The idea just changed a bit later on, that's all.

I've been working on active abilities for several classes, though I only have 6 done so far. Figured I'd outline how they work and look for more feedback and ideas for these.
Here's what I have done so far:

Fortress: petrifies self for 4 seconds. During that time, damage taken is reduced by 90%. At the end of those 4 seconds, the fortress breaks out of the stone, gaining a brief (6 sec) buff to melee, magic, and ranged damage based on the damage taken during that time. Currently 30 sec cooldown, will probably be increased.

Warmage: cuts max mana by half for 10 seconds, adding his magic damage bonus to his melee damage. 30 sec cooldown.

Harpy: fires several feathers in a random spread, dealing damage based on ranged or throwing, whichever is higher. The number, speed, and damage of feathers increase as bosses are killed. 4 sec cooldown.

Spirit Mage: kills all of his minions, gaining 10% magic damage for each for 8 seconds. 30 sec cooldown.

Werewolf: forces werewolf form for 1 minute, even during daytime, gaining class bonuses. However, you will be weakened slightly (-10% melee damage) for the following 2 minutes. 3 minute cooldown.

Demon: small, demonic flames periodically manifest near the demon and follow him, floating nearby. They can be launched one at a time by using the active, but will also damage enemies they contact even when following the player. Flames gather more quickly, fly faster, and deal more damage as bosses are killed. Base 5 sec between flame spawns, 1.5 sec when all bosses are killed. 1/3 sec firing cooldown.

Other classes still without actives are being given a general ability that restores 30-100 health on a 1 min cooldown based on progression, just to keep them from being outright weaker while I'm working on them.

Anyway, this is the kind of direction I'm taking actives. If these bring to mind any ideas for the other classes, I'm still open to suggestions.

Demon class just became a LOT more interesting! Harpies will also play a huge role in the future of playthroghs as well.

Fortress, Warmage and Spirit Mage have good abilities as well, though Im curious as to how the Warmage bonus effect is calculated.

Werewolf is obvious, though now seems underwhelming in comparison to the other classes. Then again, the buffs are hardmode material so the effect will give the class an early advantage.

Good abilities!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom