Just started Hardmode; ambushed by Skeletron Prime. Now what?

While playing Terraria, I got ambushed by Skeletron Prime, with only meteor armor and a fire flower. It didn't end well...

While playing Terraria, I got ambushed by Skeletron Prime, with only meteor armor and a fire flower. It didn't end well...
You shouldn't attempt Skeletron Prime with Meteorite Armor and Fire Flower (sounds like PreHardMode gear to me). Instead you should work your way up the hardmode ores (Cobalt, Mythril, Titanium, etc) and then try to fight Skeletron Prime. For more info on how to deal with the fight itself (arena preparations, what weapons you should use and stuff like that), read this.

Go mine the next tier ore, titanium or adamantite, make the armor of them.

Then, well, you're set with that cutlass of yours, you should consider getting a ranged weapon though, like some others suggested before me, Megashark is the way to go, you just need some souls of might from The Destroyer, few shark fins from the sharks in the sea and a Minishark with illegal gun parts from the Arms Dealer.

If you need an arena, just do it the casual way, several layers of platforms, put some campfires or heart lanterns, with a few heart statues (star statues and star in a bottle is recommended if you want to go mage).

Personally, I don't enjoy arenas, not as much freedom as using the wings to fly like a bird to evade Skeletron Prime's attacks.

Yeah first night of hardmode destroyer spawns (Gets absolutely rekt.) then i fight a pirate invasion (Die a million times.) oh and whats that you guessed it ANOTHER DESTROYER SPAWN on the second night.

Only Molten Armor Legendary Nights edge, Deadly Clockwork assault rifle.

Yeah...lets just say I was screwed from the beginning.

You can kill the destroyer first [for the megashark] or the twins first [for the optic staff] I usually kill destroyer first, then i kill twins, then skeletron prime last. If you kill the other two, the weapons will REALLY help against skeletron prime.

Back
Top Bottom