Game Mechanics Let's hear your best suggestions for seed combinations!

That’s hateful. I like it
Would doing this also result in this being added to getfixedboi or will that remain as an idea for the combinations only. Also will certain effects from combing seeds also be added to getfixedboi since its an amalgamation of all secret seeds?

As you all might know by now, we are adding a new special seed selection menu that will allow you to combine the special seeds of your choosing.

View attachment 415396

Along with this change, we will be introducing special effects when you make specific combinations. We already have quite a few in-game, but now I want to hear from you! What are your best ideas for what these combined effects could be? A small example of what we have done so far is combining "The Constant" with "Celebrationmk10," which will start the player out in the center of the world again, while retaining most of the effects from "Celebrationmk10."

I'm looking specifically for changes to world generation and in-game mechanical changes, not extravagant additions like new bosses or overly complicated new items.

You can find a list of special seeds and what they do on the Official Terraria Wiki.

Let's hear your thoughts!
swap caverns and surface (gem trees and stuff on surface and surface underground) :D

As you all might know by now, we are adding a new special seed selection menu that will allow you to combine the special seeds of your choosing.

View attachment 415396

Along with this change, we will be introducing special effects when you make specific combinations. We already have quite a few in-game, but now I want to hear from you! What are your best ideas for what these combined effects could be? A small example of what we have done so far is combining "The Constant" with "Celebrationmk10," which will start the player out in the center of the world again, while retaining most of the effects from "Celebrationmk10."

I'm looking specifically for changes to world generation and in-game mechanical changes, not extravagant additions like new bosses or overly complicated new items.

You can find a list of special seeds and what they do on the Official Terraria Wiki.

I don't know what this means yet in detail so I cannot speculate or should I say should not speculate. It would be neat to make your own seed based biome thing. Like your center is on top of ice mountain and it goes down into woods on both sides followed by jungle followed by desert etc very logical it would be neat something along those lines

View attachment 415396

There should be one that swaps all water and shimmer, meaning that the only source of water is the aether

The Constant and For The Worthy:
-Biomes are larger and inconsistent with normal generation (there may be multiple snow biomes or jungles for example on either side of spawn)
-Bosses have double HP (to FTW HP), and do not despawn if the player dies
-Food items take time to eat (3s for example)

A seed with 100 new types of boulders. They spawn more often, every ~50 blocks. Any boulder that falls has a 1% chance of becoming either the boulder of cthulhu or true boulder of cthulhu. They spawn more boulders as projectiles to defend themselves. True boulders of cthulhu spawn moon boulders. Here is a list of some other boulder variants:

Explosive boulder: if it hits the ground even once, it explodes a 20x20 square, and explodes into tiny boulder shrapnel.

Tiny boulder: a very minuscule boulder. Does base 5 damage and can be thrown.

EoL boulder: A boulder that has the EoL sun dance attack which happens after it hits the ground once. If the boulder is fought during the day, the boulder and the sun dance instakill the player.

Evil Boulder: a really angry boulder that chases the closest player slowly after it hits the ground once, and moves towards them quicker the longer they survive. It ignores blocks and emits an ominous red light.

Angel Boulder: heals the player and deters all moving boulders nearby when it hits a block for the first time.

Titanium Boulder: A boulder that falls incredibly fast and does not bounce. It always instakills the player.

There should be things about the drunk seed mixed with any others will give monsters different effects, like in FTW and drunk seed, some monsters have a chance to explode on death or drop spike balls while walking etc.

View attachment 415396

There should be a seed combination that turns all of the music into Kevin MacLeod music

Not a suggestion for combination, and I’m not sure if it is already a thing but the secret seed menu should unlock by first using a secret seed the normal/ current way

for the worthy + getfixedboi or drunk world
difficulty would automatically be legendary
bosses would drop special relics that if wired will summon a version of the boss that won't count to the kill count or drop items but be a challenge you could use for adventure maps or custom dungeons.
Red, if you don't want to use it as a secret seed combo secret please add it as legendary mode's relic version so I could use it as an addition to my adventure map.

normal world + drunk
makes the guide the dryad
the world is almost completely corrupt or crimson except for an area large enough for a house
the center would have a special unbreakable background item that creates a force field that keeps the area inside pure (the crystal from terraria otherworld).
also the sells better purification items the more pure the world
the world would also have the terraria otherworld sentries and sentries staffs in chests or sold by the dryad.

Last edited:
Hey Red, In special seeds, especially ones like Trap World, you can replace most of the pressure plates with Lihzahrd pressure plates. You can make Lihzahrd Pressure Plate have the same properties as Lihzahrd Bricks, and some enemy statues are hidden with Echo Paint, which is also a good option. Additionally, it would be more interesting if the game's wires could be hidden by the player using echo paint, making them visible only with the Ghost Goggles. <3 :boulder:

View attachment 415396

Personally I like the idea of Drunk ans Celebration being like celebration, but the painted colors are a randomized choice of specific color pallets, like red yellow and orange, blue purple and cyan, green red and white, just a set selection of colors to paint the world, chosen at random. And it would combine the npc spawns of the world's, spawning in the middle and the dungeon tree existing, and even both world evils (possibly painted the opposing color? Purple crimson and red corruption?) It would be a fun seed combo!

A few ideas:
#1: Drunk World + Skyblock (Assuming the skyblock seed is its own seed and gets added) = One Block (Same idea as the Minecraft one, where everytime you mine the block, it regenerates, or something to the like)
#2: Gridlocked Seed (Like the one in HappyDays' Playthrough:
, He explains the rules really well and I am too lazy to make it for myself)
#3: If we can combine multiple seeds into one, not just combining 2 different seeds, what if we have a combination of every single seed that becomes a massive seed.
Possibly more ideas in the future, if these go over well.

Seed A: A world that randomly kills you and your npcs every few minutes.
Seed B: A world that randomly debuffs you every few minutes for a few seconds.
Seed C: A world that is full of lava minus a small safe haven.
Seed D: A world that bosses can spawn randomly regardless of requirements, position, and progression.

Aren't I cruel?

View attachment 415396

combine no traps and not the bees to make all traps summon bees;

Back
Top Bottom