Mythical Beasts & Where to Farm Them: Exploring Terraria's Bestiary

Good questions. Knowing whether or not the bestiary will display new/unique textures from active texture packs is pretty key information. Speaking as someone making texture packs, I hope someone can answer this.

Your second question is interesting as well -- I wouldn't at all mind if you can only see the current texture pack you're using reflected in the bestiary (and hopefully we have at least that much), but being able to see both vanilla and custom textures would be a nice bonus option.
It would be cool

Also, will the bestiary support texture packs? 'Cuz if it does, I'd like to make a suggestion.
If a texture pack is - wait a second. Do the numbers correspond to the enemy I.D? 'Cuz if it doesn't, that's another suggestion to make.
Now, for real. If a texture pack is installed, maybe there could be a button next to the N.P.C's icon (and by N.P.C I mean Town N.P.Cs, Enemies and Critters) to show what they look like in vanilla?

Good questions. Knowing whether or not the bestiary will display new/unique textures from active texture packs is pretty key information. Speaking as someone making texture packs, I hope someone can answer this.

Your second question is interesting as well -- I wouldn't at all mind if you can only see the current texture pack you're using reflected in the bestiary (and hopefully we have at least that much), but being able to see both vanilla and custom textures would be a nice bonus option.

Okay, so, for starters, there isn't a "show a vanilla vs texture pack" option. If you want to use texture packs, that's great, but it would be a lot of work to manually detect whether a texture has been replaced and then add in extra UI just on those entries to show it or not.

As for whether it shows texture pack sprites: MOST of them will (I'd say like 90-95% of them). However, some bestiary entries, notably some of the more "segmented" enemies (Worms mostly) had to have special textures pre-made as standalone sprites to be presentable for the bestiary. If you wanted a full texture replacement, you would need to do special texture replacements for these assets as well. Even we would have to do this, if we decided to update our sprites for some reason.

hey does anyone have an idea on what the zoologists second item is, i have a pretty good idea on what the other ones are but the second is pretty hard to make out.

Back
Top Bottom