• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
Ok so I installed this wrong Big whoop but I have 1 question how do you uninstall the incorrect Installation?
Depends on where did you installed the wrong Big whoop.
If It's in your Terraria folder, delete the mod executables, then go inside Content folder and delete N Terraria (version number) folder.

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
Well, I'm sure several people will probably try to nail me in a crucifix for what I'll say, but I have some speculation to do.

The mod project is running at sleepy snail pace, but after talking to a friend about things related to rpgs and how some of the games could be changed, came to the mind the crazy idea of instead of modding Terraria, I could attempt to make a game instead, an rpg where I could implement classes, races and etc. Aswell as try to make a good rpg for everyone.

It's really a crazy idea, though, beside I would not need to use Terraria source to try making up the rpg game, even more since I'm running dry of ideas on stuff to add to it, due to the fact that Terraria is a platformer rpg with random generated worlds, so those two matters are breaking me up when trying to think of new things to add in the mod, beside there is also the fact that I have to do changes without breaking the entire feel of the original game, what makes N Terraria be still Terraria but with some changes.

This is just an idea, I don't really have any intention of beggining that project (at least for now), even more since I'm working on another game project, aswell as am alone in this.

Well, that's it, that's my thought, what opnions do you guys have on that?

Vauxs

Terrarian
I personally would love to see what you could make outside the confines of terraria. my big question is, what type of rpg would you like to make?

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
I personally would love to see what you could make outside the confines of terraria. my big question is, what type of rpg would you like to make?
Actually I don't really know, the only thing I know is that would be an open world adventure, now if will be a top down game or an platformer, I dunno.

Blood Crawler

Brain of Cthulhu
Hello.
After installing this mod, i had a console window.
After 3-4 seconds terraria opened, but... It crashed from time to time.

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
Hello.
After installing this mod, i had a console window.
After 3-4 seconds terraria opened, but... It crashed from time to time.
Are you able to take a photo of the crash? Or post the log here?
That will help me discover what is the issue.
If you don't use any photo taking program, press Alt+Printscreen with the crash window selected, then open the paint and press Ctrl+V to paste it, and save.

Blood Crawler

Brain of Cthulhu
Are you able to take a photo of the crash? Or post the log here?
That will help me discover what is the issue.
If you don't use any photo taking program, press Alt+Printscreen with the crash window selected, then open the paint and press Ctrl+V to paste it, and save.
When i make a new charatcher, happens this:

When i try to exit the world, die and other stuff:

EDIT: Images are proably bugged (f**king discord)
So try to copy the URL and paste in discord:
1st image: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/547017627839496195/547017668931354644/ads.PNG
2nd image: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/547017627839496195/547018953428434954/ads.PNG

Last edited:

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
The mod is having problems to save the character and world data because of problems with permission.
I believe the Windows is the causer, try launching it as administrator.
Ps:. After "System.ArgumentException:" I can't understand what is written since I don't know Russian language.

Blood Crawler

Brain of Cthulhu
The mod is having problems to save the character and world data because of problems with permission.
I believe the Windows is the causer, try launching it as administrator.
Ps:. After "System.ArgumentException:" I can't understand what is written since I don't know Russian language.
Ok, i'll try.
After "System.AgrumentException:" it said "path has inacceptable symbols"
"в" means "in"

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
Ok, i'll try.
After "System.AgrumentException:" it said "path has inacceptable symbols"
"в" means "in"
That issue is actually really weird, people from all over the world played N Terraria mod, includding Russians, I even had one in the dev team a long time ago, and nobody reported such an issue.
Try writing the character name in alphanumeric and see what happens.

Blood Crawler

Brain of Cthulhu
That issue is actually really weird, people from all over the world played N Terraria mod, includding Russians, I even had one in the dev team a long time ago, and nobody reported such an issue.
Try writing the character name in alphanumeric and see what happens.
It works, thanks! I guess it crashed because my character name had "?" symbol.
Also, it was weird, but world changes didn't save, but somehow inventory of my character saved.

bobbot

Terrarian
hey @Nakano15 seen you mention an idea about making your own game. go for it! im curious about a few things though is the mentioned game going to have extra mechanics like status effects is it going to have any off putting mechantic's like ratchet scrolling or permadeath i have more but i dont want to flood the board...

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
hey @Nakano15, It seen that you mentioned an idea about making your own game. go for it! im curious about a few things though, is the mentioned game going to have extra mechanics, like status effects? is it going to have any off putting mechanics? like ratchet scrolling or permadeath? i have more but, i dont want to flood the board...
Sorry about that, but at least now I can read the message, hehe.

About your questions:
What do you mean by Status effects? And off putting mechanics?
I never played Ratchet and klank game, so.. I can't help answering that, but I thought about making it be a bit based on Castlevania on map style.
The permadeath is an idea I could implement, but would be up to the user to choose if the game will have it or not.
Also, feel free to flood the board, in case it feels too huge, place the block of text inside
Code:
[spoiler]the spoiler tags.[/spoiler]

Spharin

Terrarian
getting a crash shortly after the command prompt window shows up from attemption to launch nterraria 6
i am not trying to run 6+ since it seems like some content and functions were wonky/broken, so i've wanted to try other versions of the mod and there's not much info on the original post that'd seem to help at all

i've played this a long time ago and enjoyed it with another and we've wanted to look back to things again but i don't want broken versions of the mod and i don't speciifcally know what version we're going to attempt to play
do i need rolled back versions of terraria for versions of n terraria that aren't 6+?
if i do how would i obtain such things anyways? how would i know what version of terraria would be required?

Last edited:

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
getting a crash shortly after the command prompt window shows up from attemption to launch nterraria 6
i am not trying to run 6+ since it seems like some content and functions were wonky/broken, so i've wanted to try other versions of the mod and there's not much info on the original post that'd seem to help at all

i've played this a long time ago and enjoyed it with another and we've wanted to look back to things again but i don't want broken versions of the mod and i don't speciifcally know what version we're going to attempt to play
do i need rolled back versions of terraria for versions of n terraria that aren't 6+?
if i do how would i obtain such things anyways? how would i know what version of terraria would be required?
No worries, if I'm right, you'll need to get nt6+ installer too, but only to get the dlls it brings.
Place them on the Terraria folder.

Top Bottom