PC Random spots of hollow/corruption

xzur

Terrarian
So I'm on a medium world and as shown below there are random spots of hollow and corruption throughout my entire map disregarding the two diagonal lines made when the WoF is killed. Is this normal at all and do they spread like every other block? It seems impossible now to fully secure sections of corruption/hollow now with this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• e.PNG
    e.PNG
    168.1 KB · Views: 8,905
How many altars have you broken? I’m pretty sure that each one you break adds one random block of hallow/corruption/crimson.

Have you smashed any demon altars? When you do there's a chance a random stone block is converted into the evil or hallowed stone, which will then spread to others. The block is chosen randomly underground, so having these small areas of hallow and corruption is certainly possible.

So I'm on a medium world and as shown below there are random spots of hollow and corruption throughout my entire map disregarding the two diagonal lines made when the WoF is killed. Is this normal at all and do they spread like every other block? It seems impossible now to fully secure sections of corruption/hollow now with this.

Any help would be appreciated.
Each time you smash a demon altar there is a chance that a random stone block underground in the caverns will turn into corruption/crimson or hallow stone. From there, given enough time, it will spread and you'll see pockets of them.

Have you smashed any demon altars? When you do there's a chance a random stone block is converted into the evil or hallowed stone, which will then spread to others. The block is chosen randomly underground, so having these small areas of hallow and corruption is certainly possible.

Any advice on how to maintain it by chance? Feel like it'd be difficult to go and find each spot and use a Clentaminator on it w/o using a full view world map. Feel like my entire map is kinda screwed over now haha.

If you're really intent on maintaining the spread, then what I've seen people do is build hellavators across the world (3 wide, so it doesn't spread across) and clentaminate the world as you go down them. This guide has some helpful tips.

Other than that, beating Plantera slows down the rate of spreading, which can make them more manageable.

What I did is to leave my Crimsruption alone on a new world. Upon entering hardmode I instantly bought a crapton of sticky dynamite and fenced off both strips of the new biomes. Then clentaminated my pre-hardmode corruptions.

Now you can ignore demon altars completely and get all ores from fishing you need. Then backup your world and smash altars, farm ores and revert the world.
Or you use the map and clean the patches that grow after you smashed enough altars.

Back
Top Bottom