Terraria: Otherworld - Post-GDC Details & Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks kinda similar to starbound, but god does it look amazing.
However, this is not a “set in stone” choice that the player will have to make (there are no selectable classes or anything), but rather something that just happens: use a sword 90% of the time and your skill with swords will improve. Use a Silver Sword all the time, and your skill with swords AND that particular sword will improve.
OMG I can use one weapon and make it better by only doing that?:golem:

Interesting... Kind of hard for me to get hyped for something after getting overhyped about Pokemon X and Y, but I'm intrigued, even more so than before.
On a side not, since I joined Terraria in the 1.1 days, I'll have a Terraria game to start from the beginning on!
Like a smith needing an anvil before attracting.
Now I'm thinking of a "Mrs. Smith" NPC that arrives for some reason once you get an anvil.

Last edited:
Om my lord, i cant wait :joy:
didyoujustmade3kthumbs_5c68c4c62f99726626b50e3503a25d69.jpg

You aren't kidding, right? RIGHT?!

I'll use the example we did at GDC: if you love that copper Shortsword and want to make it a powerful and viable tool (for some odd reason), that's your choice in Otherworld....though that one is gonna require a ton of work. ;)

Do you guys know if Terraria: Otherworld will be out before or after Terraria 1.3?

After.

This is just speculation, but I have a feeling that the turrets being powered by the crystals line means the more turrets you have, or just more powerful ones, will purify slower. So you'd have to strike the right balance between purifying speed and sheer power. Hopefully thats the case, as I'd have fun with that personally.
[DOUBLEPOST=1426022867][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do you guys know if Terraria: Otherworld will be out before or after Terraria 1.3?
Chances are it'll be late 2015, as the game has only been in dev for... 3 months was it? It was either 3 or 4 months, but either way I highly doubt that they'll come out near eachother. Besides, it's a bad idea to release the game while the hype for 1.3 is close to peaking, or is currently peaking. I'd expect nothing less then 2 months after 1.3 honestly. Hopefully longer as they want to ship a complete game.

Edit: question for the devs, will shortswords become a thing that will go past the early tiers? I'd love to have, say, a demonite shortsword or something.

Last edited:
I hope all you budding game devs are taking notes...

Early Access is a good way for those budding game devs to make a decent game. Relogic and Engine have work already under their belt. They don't need Early Access to fund their new career as a rookie game dev.

Early Access is often overused by people who really just want to make some cash while the game is in dev (even though they already have other games to keep them afloat), but don't hate on the concept as a whole. Minecraft and many other successful indie games would have never even gotten off the ground without it.

Early Access is a good way for those budding game devs to make a decent game. Relogic and Engine have work already under their belt. They don't need Early Access to fund their new career as a rookie game dev.
True, but too many games are put in Early Access to make money while the developer has no intention of finishing it. While it's true that a lot of quality games are on Early Access, I still don't trust it because of how often it's abused these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom