Terraria State of the Game - February 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings Terrarians!

Welcome to the the latest Terraria community update on development progress across all active platforms! A ton of progress is being made, and things are really starting to come together - we are hopeful that we will be able to have some of this in your hands soon. That said, on with the latest news....

PS4 & XBOX ONE - PIPEWORKS

Our focus for PS4/XB1 right now is on finishing the 1.3.1.1 content update for both Xbox One and PS4.

The majority of the initial code has been implemented for 1.3.1.1 and is now in the testing phase. In parallel, the development team is feverishly working through the bugs uncovered by QA during that testing process. We don't have a timeline quite yet, but we're in the final development stages before submission and and a release to the community!

A previously planned patch that focused on fixes for several graphical bugs has been integrated into the 1.3.1.1 content update. Expect to see the new content and fixes arrive in the same patch

index.php

SWITCH - PIPEWORKS

As we mentioned last month, our team successfully completed a significant milestone by submitting the Switch alpha build. We’re working with both Re-Logic & 505 Games on a list of feedback items and feature requests before beginning on a bug fixing voyage that takes us straight to beta.

Once the remaining alpha feedback & feature requests have been integrated into the build, we will be rolling out new community showcases for the Nintendo Switch version!

In the meantime, enjoy this screenshot of fighting Eye of Cthulhu on Switch... and hopefully, we will have a bit more detail to share with you very soon. :)

index.php

MOBILE - DR STUDIOS

Happy February, everyone! As you may know, we recently asked the community for your help in our ongoing work on making sure that your existing saves can transition over fully and properly to the new Mobile 1.3 build. We are still in the process of testing everything here (we received over 2000 saves - THANK YOU!) - but we wanted to share a little bit of our progress here... and they say a picture is worth a thousand words, right? ;)

View attachment 217266
(Note: these are four separate screens, Mobile does not and will not have splitscreen, just in case anyone gets confused ;) )

We have put in special safeguards during the process - in fact, your existing saves will be put in a separate folder and kept safe from harm in the event that some undiscovered save transfer issue pops up after launch. We know how important and valuable these hard-earned saves are to everyone, so we are doing all the we can to make this go smoothly!

Taking this a step further, we have opened up the Terraria file system to access from the file management systems on Android and iOS. That means that you will be able to make manual backup copies of all of your saves, move them to the cloud, a new device, etc. This will also make it possible and easier for all mobile players (even our iOS friends) to send in their saves for testing and troubleshooting. All of this will take place in the standalone apps (like Files for iOS). We will give everyone step-by-step instructions on how to do various things with this capability as we get closer to launch.

Of course, work on controls and UI continue unabated, and we are really liking the direction that is taking. Still a good bit to get done, but we find that the game feels and plays really well right now.

We are truly excited with what is going on with Mobile right now, and we are looking forward to showcasing more of what we have planned and in progress as we head towards an amazing launch!

index.php

PC - RE-LOGIC

0ZNMSK8.gif

Happy February Terrarians!

The PC Terraria team remains hard at work with the upcoming 1.3.6 update. There is so much going on behind the scenes with this one - but in continuing with the spirit of "1.3.6 looks at everything in the game to see if it needs updating/tweaking/etc", we wanted to share the brand new and improved world creation screen. Now you can quickly and easily select all of the particulars for your new world all in one screen - with some cool new graphical depictions as well!

We will have a lot more to share in the weeks ahead - tidbits that we think that will be exciting for everyone - as we push ever-closer to the release of 1.3.6!

index.php

COMMUNITY

We want to give a shout-out to the Terraria Discord community at http://Discord.GG/Terraria and say congrats on growing over 50% in February to 38k+ members!

The server is also now officially verified! A big thank you to the Discord Community Team for all their hard work. Feel free to stop by there, say hello, share your fan art, and ask your Terraria related questions.

Woop

I wish there was an option to change the transparency of the virtual pad. It's just a sugerence since the new controls seem to take a 'considerable' space in the screen

Is there any confirmation about which 1.3 update will be ported to mobile? like the whole 1.3.5 or the basic 1.3.0.1? (a simple question since I saw in a screenshot the crystal doors which were added in 1.3.5)

Is there any confirmation about which 1.3 update will be ported to mobile? like the whole 1.3.5 or the basic 1.3.0.1? (a simple question since I saw in a screenshot the crystal doors which were added in 1.3.5)

1.3.0.7 to start. That early "screen" was a mockup only, not an actual screenshot.

I hope the next state shows the UI in the character slot in mobile ~:( I need the confirmation of the vanity and dye slots for the accesories and if you can hide them

I hope there will be a normal hotbar on ipad. Other than that, the whole thing looks great

I would give the vertical hotbar a chance... my initial reaction was precisely that (more or less "wat?") - but in terms of actual gameplay, its pretty spot-on and intuitive in a mobile environment.

Of course, this is all indev stuff, so WIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom