OOC The Guild of the Terra Wizards

SimeaseKitten

Duke Fishron
/!\ Lore is work in progress /!\
Its basically a wizard guild thing. Thats basically it.
Character Form
Things to know:
1.) Your are human, get over it. I mean you could be a Neko or a demon, but you have to be at least half human and mostly have to look like a human. Sorry gamers…
2.) I am going to be very easy on combat cause you are all proper RPers and are very mature, hear me? This means NO bunnying, meta gaming, and similar childish tactics. If I see anything get out of hand or need for correction I will be GM and control the situation.
3.) Now I will be GM at the guild and personally ran events and quest. Along saying this, you are able to make your own job request and be GM for them. However, this means that someone must ACCEPT the job request. I will try and broadcast it on the quest board (which will be on the first post) in order to make it more public. You yourself can also advertise the job request. Saying all of this, this RP doesn’t require me to moderate all of the time.

Name: (Your character’s name. You can put your characters middle and last name. If you put a nickname, make sure to put a name.)
Age: (Ok so most wizards live about 400-500 years so there but I recommend everyone be like 8-14 years old to make everyone similar in some way.)
Backstory: (So for this, it could childhood experience or a reason why you joined the guild. It is optional but recommenced.)
Appearance: (Its recommended to have a picture but descriptions are welcome.)
Guild Rank: (Now this will change when you become better within the guild. It goes from {Beginner/Greenfoot} -> {Normal/Terra Wizard} -> {S Class/TerraFormer}. Some jobs can only be done if your guild rank is high enough declared by the master of the guild which you will meet soon. You must start out as the rank {Greenfoot}. You can go up to {Terra Wizard} when you do one job request. You obtain rank {TerraFormer} when a wizard with the same rank deems you worthy or the master of the guild says so.)
Quest Competed: (First make this number 0. Add one for each quest completed. Its optional though so you could delete this.)
Gold: (You get gold from completing job request. This could be used to buy stuff such as weapons, ammo [arrows most likely], gear, potions, clothes, etc.... Collecting gold isn’t required but certainly can help your character with job requests. Again, its not required to but its best to change your gold amount cause I will not be keeping track. You start off with 100 gold so put that down here.)
Weapons: (Literally weapons. Update this if you get a new one. You can start with a cap of two weapons and must be medieval and magical themed [There can be magical guns that shoot beams or fireballs or such but no modern guns.]. Your weapons can be moderately good, nothing god like such as a piano.)
Gear: (Gear is like special magical boots, grappling hooks, and such. You can have as much gear as you want, well actually to a limit to what your character can hold. Gear can be technically advanced as long as it is not super modern. Update if you get a new one.)
Magic: (Ok, so magic is extremely important in this RP. You must have at least two spells in your arsenal. Not overly powerful spells like nuking the world though. Your spells must share a theme like controlling fire so like: Fireball and Flaming Punch, those two share the theme of fire. You can also learn new spells from different means such as books and people but must share the same theme as your other spells unless its a basic spell such as transformation or an immunity which you have to learn in the RP instead of already knowing them.)

Name:
Backstory:
Appearance:
Guild Rank:
Quest Competed:
Gold:
Weapons:
Gear:
Magic:

{-=--=-}

Let's see how good this RP goes.

Name: Dr. Julius J. (Clone)
Backstory: He has joined to gather information for C.B. Labs, a faction that seems to be crazy alchemists at the very least. (Cuz isn't moles a interesting trope?)
Appearance: An altered human being with animal limbs and scaly skin, only remnant of being human being his humanoid shape and face, thanks to C.B. Lab's experimentation. He hides his appearance through use of a robe and uses the excuse that he is deformed to keep it on.
Guild Rank: Beginner
Quest Competed: 0
Gold: 100
Weapons: Bee Bee Gun - A weapon that was found in the middle of the jungle that uses the power of bees to agitate enemies.
Gear: Proper Laboratory Attire - Protection against chemicals and substances. Weak defense.
Robe - Moderate defense, mainly worn by Dr. J. It gives no special effects.
Magic:
Science based magic, usually augmenting or enhancing, as well as gaining temporary allies as 'experiments'.
Right for the picking - Deals more damage to machines. If it kills a machine, then it will create a temporary machine ally that will break down at the end of battle. It acts as a normal attack to all other entities.
Success! - Temporarily buffs an ally's random stat for 5 turns.

not a big fan of rule 1 or how its worded, but i have 2 questions
1. is permatf allowed?
2. would [STANDS] (like the ones from JJBA) count as magic?

I would join, but I’m too lazy to update things here. Would it be okay if I did stuff on a google doc?

SOOOOOOOOOO I just found out my alerts didn't pop up so sorry for late replys

This should have been labelled with the "Single Thread RP" tag. I cannot see an OOC, and as such must assume this is both.
An OOC will be made when I have enough characters which is like about 2-3 characters made.
I would join, but I’m too lazy to update things here. Would it be okay if I did stuff on a google doc?
You mean your character application or the whole rp cause a doc would be fine for the character application.
((Would I be able to put a non-magic user and have them learn magic spells later?))
That would be ok, just you need weapons and gear of some sort as most job requests would be beating up bad guys or something in that fashion.
Let's see how good this RP goes.

Name: Dr. Julius J. (Clone)
Backstory: He has joined to gather information for C.B. Labs, a faction that seems to be crazy alchemists at the very least. (Cuz isn't moles a interesting trope?)
Appearance: An altered human being with animal limbs and scaly skin, only remnant of being human being his humanoid shape and face, thanks to C.B. Lab's experimentation. He hides his appearance through use of a robe and uses the excuse that he is deformed to keep it on.
Guild Rank: Beginner
Weapons: Bee Bee Gun - A weapon that was found in the middle of the jungle that uses the power of bees to agitate enemies.
Gear: Proper Laboratory Attire - Protection against chemicals and substances. Weak defense.
Robe - Moderate defense, mainly worn by Dr. J. It gives no special effects.
Magic:
Science based magic, usually augmenting or enhancing, as well as gaining temporary allies as 'experiments'.
Right for the picking - Deals more damage to machines. If it kills a machine, then it will create a temporary machine ally that will break down at the end of battle. It acts as a normal attack to all other entities.
Success! - Temporarily buffs an ally's random stat for 5 turns.
Is that a diss?

Ok onto the character application:
So just to let you know, this isn't hysteria combat but more like random fourm fight combat but not bunnying and metagaming so this means no stat. Your character grows stronger by training, growing, and learning.
This means your spell 'Success!' would last for a while instead of 5 turns, and random stat can be something that randomly helps the recipant in some random way.
Other than that, yeah you are good to go.

not a big fan of rule 1 or how its worded, but i have 2 questions
1. is permatf allowed?
2. would [STANDS] (like the ones from JJBA) count as magic?

The reason I am not allowing anything other than humans is from the fact that I have a hard time with such factors in the RPs I do. I might change the rule in the future if I see it useless or not needed. If the user has magic that alters their appearance forever or periodically, I will allow that. Its just they have to orginally be a human.
1.) I am deeply sorry but I don't know what permatf is.
2.) I never watched jojo so I did some research. Since STANDS is a form of magic to my understanding, your character will be able to use it if you want.

((Not sure if I'll join this or not...))
Don't worry, its not something you have to commit to. If you want me to make a character for you if thats what your problem is, then I will do so gladly. I can also turn any of your characters from my other RPs into a character ready for this RP.

((I decided that I think I'm going to join.))
Breaking news: Murph made a decision!!!!!!!!!!!!! Impossible!!!!!!!!!!!
An OOC will be made when I have enough characters which is like about 2-3 characters made.
I think you may be mixed up on IC and ooc. Ooc is out of character. Which is what you are doing here in the IC. IC is supposed to be The actual rping. You start with an OOC then make an IC.

The reason I am not allowing anything other than humans is from the fact that I have a hard time with such factors in the RPs I do. I might change the rule in the future if I see it useless or not needed. If the user has magic that alters their appearance forever or periodically, I will allow that. Its just they have to orginally be a human.
1.) I am deeply sorry but I don't know what permatf is.
2.) I never watched jojo so I did some research. Since STANDS is a form of magic to my understanding, your character will be able to use it if you want.
0) the way you worded rule 1 makes me think its something else
1) as defure said, Permanent Transformation
2) well now, then its time to (depending on your answer to question one) stand proud.

Name: schroeder
Backstory: schroeder is a scholar in the guild. or, was. all that changed when he pricked his finger on a strange arrow. ever since then, he's had an ability called a stand. but before that, he was highly successful as a scholar and an inventor. he has figured out how to harness background magic to transmit messages across distances. he's called the device he has made to accomplish this a "radio". during one of his interviews, he was asked where he got the idea for the name. his response was "back home, we had a device that functioned similarly but used a different method of carrying messages..." he then took his glasses off, and said "my home... seems so far away, now...". the interviewer followed up with "what are you working on now?", to which he responded with "I'm currently applying to join a guild. I hope that ill be able to come up with a way of allowing flight using background magic instead of passive or active magic, which would allow the user to focus on offensive or defensive spells without sacrificing mental energy towards mobility spells."
Appearance:
1570395541507.png
(minus the nametag for obvious reasons)
Guild Rank: beginner
Weapons: unarmed
Gear: nothing but his clothes. i guess his glasses also count. oh, and he's also carrying a portable model of his radio system.
Magic: oh boy
/STAND SUMMON/: Schroeder's stand is a miniature f-35a, but instead of missiles, bombs, or guns, it can fire small, weak fireballs rapidly. also, instead of a jet engine, his stand has a propeller in the pusher setup (prop at the back instead of the front)
his stand's name is [ENDER]

Last edited:
Permanent transformation
Thanks
Both. Mainly cuz I don’t update stuff like my info tab and signature often
Yeah I guess just send me a link
Breaking news: Murph made a decision!!!!!!!!!!!!! Impossible!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you may be mixed up on IC and ooc. Ooc is out of character. Which is what you are doing here in the IC. IC is supposed to be The actual rping. You start with an OOC then make an IC.
Yeah that was my fault, i meant IC. I just typed out the wrong thing on accident, and just to let you know, I am no newbie at creating RPs
Name: schroeder
Backstory: schroeder is a scholar in the guild. or, was. all that changed when he pricked his finger on a strange arrow. ever since then, he's had an ability called a stand.
Appearance: View attachment 227966
Guild Rank: beginner
Weapons: unarmed
Gear: nothing but his clothes. i guess his glasses also count but thats it
Magic: oh boy
/STAND SUMMON/: Schroeder's stand is a miniature f-35a, but without missiles. it can fire guns and drop bombs (that have the explosive power of a fragmentation grenade). also, instead of a jet engine, his stand has a propeller in the pusher setup (prop at the back instead of the front)
his stand's name is [ENDER]
So uhhh I guess its ok with your STAND but I am having a hard time deciding to let that pass or not cause of the strong modern feel on it. I should've said that for all of them but take out the guns and I guess that would be fine. Also your characters picture is not working. Besides that, you are good.

Here's a tip: you can change what the thread is marked as via editing the first post (I.E. Changing IC to OOC.)

Also, doesn't Terraria itself have guns?

OK so i am having trouble with the new forum update as of now it says my character application thread is currently an IC and I am just noticing this. DOes anyone know how to change it?

Here's a tip: you can change what the thread is marked as via editing the first post (I.E. Changing IC to OOC.)

Also, doesn't Terraria itself have guns?
No guns unless its a musket cause shooting someone ruins RPing. Reason why is its instadeath for most wizards
Also gonna change it

Back
Top Bottom