Official The TCF 1st Anniversary Contest Entry Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone was aware, my previous entry was going to be the Martian Madness, but that was corrupted :cry: So, the last 3 days, I just said "screw it", and decided to just do Moon Lord, with my friends

So, here it is. Go crazy or whatever :p
image.png

Me, @Snickerbobble, @Qui DevoBAT, @stormconure and @RainbowDrago

Last edited:
Finally finished. I'm not really good at digital painting, but I thought that just the flat art was a bit raw. So, here is my entry for the Artwork Category.
FuL1SU3.jpg

A Vortex Archer exploring the Underground Desert Biome, consumed by the Hallow, when he finds an Abandoned Mine Cart Station and wants to ride it with his new cart taken from the Expert Mechanical Bosses. While riding, he faces the Marble Biome and its threat for even the most well equipped player, the Medusa. Before turning into stone, the Vortex Archer uses his newly acquired Luminite Arrows with his trophy that has beaten the Moon Lord, the Phantasm.
(The Hoplite is almost running away seeing his companion dying with an arrow in her chest. Speaking in chest, the Archer stops his Mechanical Cart to look at the loot in the Marble Cabin so he can sell it and buy some more Music Boxes to record the New Music in Terraria 1.3 to complete his soundtrack collection).

iJzZZHb.jpg

pvc33r5.png

Here is my contribution to the creative writing category. Good luck to all who entered.
Encountering the Moonlord

From within the red-stained dungeon came the foul stench of reanimated rot, defeated yet defiant of their loss. Snarling and groaning, thrashing and crashing against the walls below the scorched battleground where countless battles between hoards of evil and the naive soldiers had taken place. Together they stood. Waiting.

'Impending doom approaches'

Echoes of power drifted through the air, fading with the winds of time. The very Earth shuddered at the thought of the battle about to take place. Tremulous were the heroes, atop the fortress fitted for the finale.

Ruptured roots of trees cascaded down from their perch, shedding wildlife. Green needles attacked the ground from the stem of timber that rested on gravel and grass which grovelled beneath. Furry friends fled from the fields of the fallen and once tranquil lakes tread new land as they spilled like an upturned cup.

Townsfolk tread in terror as their homes were engulfed by the omnipotent figure looming over the world. It's very presence draining the life from its planetary prey. The Moonlord had arrived. His being was apparent to all of the island, his form emanating with an unforeseen power; glowing a pale, heartless cyan, tendrils and limbs draped the scene with unrivalled, crushing strength. Fragments of rock and dirt rose from the shattered planet. A mere speck of dust next to the lumbering amalgamation of mouths and eyes, of tendrils and bones and the rotten flesh all too familiar to the long forgotten protectors of the land.

Beams of unearthly light devastated all in sight of the unholy creature - casting and attacking through its deathly glare. Alas the land of the great heroes was no more than a snack to the beast, left floating amongst debris: scraps of a once glorious civilisation fallen to a monstrous deity.​

Last edited:
Men and gentleladies, here goes my attempt at an entry for the artwork category.

Have you ever looked at the lunar invasion and your first thought was "men, I really wish there were more aliens"? I know perfectly that was not your first thought as clearly all we were thinking about were the possible most creative swears and insults, I'm looking at you mr. Crawltipede and Nebula Floaters, however it doesn't exactly do any harm taking the hands of a mad scientist once in a while (except for harming the scientist himself).

Presenting the Terraria Lunatic Generator, dispensing abominations for your abominating needs.

4a433b2ecf.gif

I've been working on this program since I realized turning coding into art isn't as simple as copy pasting a sprite into a console output. Hell no. I've always been that one guy who wishes to show programming is and can be considered an art, programming a calculator to do pretty and entertaining things is not any different than using a brush to draw or an instrument to compose. Hence why this was made, an automatic dispenser of mashed sprites and entertainment.

The program was coded in C# and XNA, same as Terraria, hence they should share requirements to run.

My entry is Writing, so have fun reading 50 lines of my work.
Note this is my first time and I'm not (hard)trying to win.
I felt really... impressed by the Lord, but I knew I could destroy it/him/who_cares:
Every lunatic followers died by my hand
The lunar towers were drawn away from this land
Body and mind were being painful however
Choking in feelings that seemed to last forever

Then nothing but silence, really ominous
I, in this last battle, must be victorious
For an impending doom that approaches quickly
Can end the planet's Life extremely rapidly.

Here he appears, in a brilliant flash of white light
This is a big monstrosity I have to fight.
Eyes in hands and forehead, WoF-like tongue I can see
"No one could resist my army" he says to me
"Who challenges the Moon Lord, you who I despise ?"
"Know me as the Guardian, and know your demise !"

As I pronounce these words, the Lord starts attacking
The battle for our freedom is now beginning

All I have to do is to make him become blind
But I fear that those eyes, from his body unbind
Plus they already unleash strong abilities
So what will happen if only one of them frees ?

Even if this entity is not immortal
Getting hit by fully freed eyes could be fatal
So I shot all of them with my Vortex Beater
Until they all split from the Lord minutes after.

But now is what we call a horrific madness
Avoiding lasers while looking for a weakness
I got hurt by a ball of lunar energy
But I'm still alive, kicking and also dodgy

And there is the Moon Lord's core, floating near the grass
Time has come to deal an ultimate coup de grâce
But another energy ball sends me flying
I bleeding, I'm coughing. He still won't be winning

I use my trusty Terra Blade to slash the core
Which is seemingly made of some heavenly ore
The Moon Lord is now dying, I can rest at last
But when I heard the lasers I did not react fast

I dodged one while my shield reflected another
I fall down to the last which passed through my shoulder
My mirror broke, no more can I stand on my feet
Death will come for me but the world will know my feat

I can see the village, I ask myself : "Can I ?"
Hell no. The only way is someone must pass by
Or have the Portal Gun fall near my position
Right here I suspect a divine intervention
I make the portals, pass through them and ask for heals
To the Town having, on their faces, relieved feels

Now is the time for me to get some deserved rest
After hearing people crying I am the best
All I did was giving them what they all wanted
Freedom, that I will also have when I'm rested

Coup de grâce : Finishing/Final blow

Last edited:
Oi! I put this off too much. It is very much me to wait until the last day! Oh well..

At first I wanted to draw four of my characters in the four endgame armors with weapons and a really cool background... but that was a little too ambitious. Then I wanted to draw Azure eating a Meowmere.. as it's a poptart sword (and have her be excited with her fifth Meowmere drop in a row- yes, it did happen to me! :dryadsad: ). I waited until the last day so still a little too much.. so I finally made this!

5m5QKbe.png

It's Azure's Star Wrath. I wish we could dye weapons! I really think the Star Wrath would look a lot cooler if it was blue and yellow..

I'm finally done, this took a whole bunch of time and effort. I call it "The Battle for the Fate of the Universe." (Tip: It's rather dark, but you can see better detail if you zoom in.)

Category: Screenshots

Z7F2LiN.jpg

Last edited:
Along with just about everything else on this page, here's a last-minute entry. This one for the writing contest. It's a one-shot about the Tax Collector, and, to a lesser extent, the Moon Lord and Lunatic Cultist. Exactly 1000 words long.

Day 46

Your World is 12% Corruption and 8% Hallow

The ancient spirits of light and dark have been released

On the day Alvin defeated the Wall of Flesh, he released Tweed from his curse - and Tweed couldn’t recall a time he’d seen such a stupid desicion.

Oh, being actually alive was nice and all, but it wasn’t who Tweed was anymore. He didn’t want companionship, good food, or the rustle of leaves in the wind. He didn’t want a nice house, a beautiful view, or the warmth of the sun on his back. It’d been six hundred years since his curse was enacted upon him, and in six hundred years, a fellow could change a lot.

He now preferred the screaming and wailing of demons to the crunch of leaves on the ground. He preferred the shouting and yelling of the undead to the small talk of the normal people. He preferred the smell of rotting flesh to the smell of freshly dug dirt. He preferred the hot, burning fumes to the cool breeze. In fact, just about the only thing he preferred about this place compared to the underworld was the ability to go anywhere, explore everything, and see new things. But even in that he was even limited to exploring as far as he could during daytime and returning home, because Alvin didn’t want him to die and see the underworld so soon after being freed of it. Secretly, Tweed had already thought about it several times.

Tweed glanced up at the sun and snorted. If there was one thing he hated about the overworld, it was the sun. It wasn’t that the sun was harsh, too bright, too warm. Tweed had spent the last several hundred years in a land so bright and warm it made the sun seem pathetic. It wasn’t the glare it produced, or the attention it brought. It wasn’t the position it had, or the rays it shone down.

Tweed hated the sun because it was lazy.

The sun was large, and it was strong. It could certainly handle of pressure of being on 24/7. But, instead, it opted to rest nine hours of the day and let the moon take over responsibility. Nighttime was fine, certainly, and Tweed often enjoyed taking strolls through the grasslands during the wee hours of the day, when everything was still nearly pitch-black. He didn’t even mind the monsters that came out at night. He’d had over six hundred years of experience handling himself in Hell, quite literally. The zombies, the eyes, even the new wraiths and possessed armors, were rather pathetic and easy for him to deal with. But the sun resting gave the moon nine hours. Nine hours to wreck havoc with the land, to grow more powerful, to let the Moon Lord do as he saw fit. There were few beings Tweed trusted less than the Moon Lord. And the sun, despite being fully capable of stopping it, was doing nothing.

Now, the Moon Lord was probably the most powerful god Tweed knew of. Tweed had seen some impressive things in his time. A monster that rested inside planets, devouring them when awakened. A man cursed with the task of guarding a specific place, and granted the powers of a god to do so. He’d seen an awful lot, and he’d fought an awful lot. So far, nothing came close to the insane power of the god of the moon. The more the sun rested, the more power the Moon Lord gained.

He still remembered the glory days of his youth, when he and his buddy Maelor would raise swords together, cheering each other on as they “fought the good fight.” Maelor had lasted long after Tweed was cursed and sent to the underworld. From what Tweed understood, he’d actually lasted longer than most of his friends and family. So long, in fact, that he’d become incredibly scared to die. Maelor had apparently made a deal with the Moon Lord: followers and doers of his every bidding in return for immortality and insane magical power.

The last time Tweed and Maelor had met had been over two hundred years ago, when the Moon Lord sent him on a mission to the underworld and they had happened to run into each other. They’d talked, but there wasn’t much to say. Tweed’s life had had the same pattern every day since his arrival, and Maelor said nothing except praise about the Moon Lord and his new position. He’d become the leader of the insider group, he’d said.

The insider group were strong bunch, constantly worshiping the Moon Lord and praising his symbol. The key thing about them was that they had to die before the four pillars of the moon appeared, and the Moon Lord couldn’t be fought directly without those pillars out of the way. Tweed hated the Moon Lord with a burning passion, as he had ever since the Moon Lord cursed him. But he was nowhere near strong enough to take him on.

But now, he suddenly realized, he knew somebody who was. Somebody who was easily manipulated, and hungry to prove himself the best. He’d fight every challenge that came his way. If anybody could kill the Moon Lord, he would be the one to do it. The only hiccup with the plan was that Tweed didn’t know where the Moon Lord’s cultists were. They could be anywhere in this world. He paused and pondered this before another memory sprang up.

“We’d like to move into the dungeon,” Maelor had told him, “but there’s the spirit of an ancient god in there, and the rules of the gods say we can’t kill him or take his space. If only we could move him out or something.”

Well, Tweed reasoned, what’s one more god?

He abruptly turned back and began waving and shouting the moment the house came into view.

“Alvin! Oh, Alvin! Have I got a story for you!”

zesko's last minute cobblestory
The lone figure walked through the empty city, built for those who would never come. Clean streets, not a monster in sight. They knew not to come anywhere near this ghost town. He had built this city with his own two hands, for no purpose. It never had a reason. He never had a reason for anything. Just to get more powerful, to progress. He had sacrificed to forgotten gods, and killed them. He had stared madness itself in the face, destroyed it. He was almost a god himself- but without a purpose. There was only so much he could do. As he progressed to the center, there were a few themed looking houses- a hospital, a tree, an airship, a little castle, a mine, a store, a tavern, and a few more random houses that had no business in a city. Each had a grave in front of it. No lights were in these windows. The torches had long burnt out. The ground in the center was not paved, except around the large spire- his own home.

He opened the large doors. Inside was a huge atrium, with a grassy area in the middle, within which there was a small wooden shack. He entered, and deposited his belongings in a chest. He sat at his desk and began to write. He left the note, ink still wet, and ascended to the top of the tower, where wind blew his hair. He was done here. the world was completely tamed, and he was alone. It did not feel real. There was nothing anymore, no reason to continue. He used his trusty old wrench to screw in the last bit of wire, which he had been trailing behind him through the city.

He stepped back a few steps, and began to run. run towards the edge. He hit a pressure plate, and jumped, the tower, the city exploding beneath him as he fell into a supernova of light and sound. He did not hit the ground. There was no ground, and he was not there to hit it. Just an empty void in space. With a single note

Yes, I am sure I want to delete the world

And then, there was darkness.

The Final Sacrifice.png

Well here's my entry, in the Screenshot category. As usual, I procrastinated til nearly the last minute.

I've been having some fun playing with the spawning conditions of the Cultists. They're finicky but not as finicky as most people seem to think.
Before I began this little vignette, the Dungeon's entrance use to be right here. And yes they will spawn just like that.

I also wanted to do a little something with Sturdy Fossil (since I don't see a lot of people using it for their builds), so I built the cursed idol of the Ziox Civilization.

Last edited:
A princess and her knight go on an adventure together. Princess is me, @Roxie, and the knight is @Ghostar
Category: Artwork. (Drawn first traditionally on paper with pen and pencil, then altered in image software for sharper details)
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
First and foremost, I can easily say that Terraria is one of my loves in life. This is a game that I bought the very first day it came out, and I have not stopped playing it since. Yeah there are times that Ive had gaps in playing, but I can say that I always do come back for this game. Because of this, I have always wanted to give back to the community in some form or fashion; to be able to give out more of myself than just to simply enjoy the game. It never came to much, sadly. Now though, this competition came along and I decided it was the perfect scenario for me to be able to give something to the community. So starts the drawing.

At first, I was only planning on doing a one-off drawing of ghost and me in our vanity items of choice doing something epic. Shortly after that, I changed my mind and decided to make something more of it. The idea of a comic came out, so I went along with it, to see how it would turn out. Needless to say, it was extremely hard. I have never made a comic before, so doing a task as big as this took me much more time than was probably necessary if I had previous experience with it. Enough of that, though. The comic itself is based on our server experience with each other when the update came out. A few details altered for the sake of ease, but for the most part this telegraphs what I viewed as the most important details of 1.3 that we experienced while playing through the game from scratch again. Since I just wished to include what I viewed as the most important parts, that is why I decided to make this in a snapshot like manner, a picture of each of those individual parts that stuck out the most in my head.

Honestly, the most breathtaking part of 1.3 for me was the celestial towers. The moment that the towers came out after defeating the lunatic cultist was epic, and I was literally speechless just staring in awe at how beautiful everything looked. In hindsight, I almost now wish I put in an entire extra page just for the towers. Life moves on.

Either way, I am happy with how it turned out. And I enjoy seeing all of the charming entries that other people have posted because of this contest. This has been good contest, and seeing people who care about the game put work into making something only for their love of it is wonderful.

EDIT: In case anyone has trouble with viewing the images for whatever reason on the forums, here is a link to an imgur album that may help. https://imgur.com/a/XS1Zp

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom