Official The TCF 1st Anniversary Contest Entry Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took all of October, but it's done. I have to draw with a goddamn computer mouse :V
yYxsEx6.png

Artist's Note
This is a parody of a movie poster for horror flick Phantasm for those that don't get it.
PHANTASM-final.jpg

obviously this is where the name for the weapon of the same name and 90% of the moon lord's attacks come from, but it also just so happens to be where the deadly sphere enemies and their weapon originates from. Thought a horror movie related thing would be appropriate since Halloween is right around the corner :p

sidenote: I posted this in the wrong thread originally.... almost posted it in another wrong thread. @Loki ya gatz to makes this easier to find for dummies like me :L. jk.

Last edited:
For the Writing Category, a short story.
The Solar energy pulses around me. I feel wave after wave, like a bomb constantly going off. I hear the battle cries of the Solarians, like a low scream, piercing my eardrums. "I must defend my people," I say. I charge into battle, tiressly taking wave after wave of javelins, and fists. I finally get the shield of my prime target weakened, with a small crackle. I charge in, Terra Blade in hand, slashing away at the pillar relentlessly, until I hear the Moon Lord's eerie scream.

Here's my artwork entry. Took way longer to make than it should have. But at least it was entertaining. :happy:
TCF Contest Entry glow.png

Couple of side notes, this is my third complete piece of artwork, and it was mouse-drawn in Paint.net. Everything was hand drawn except for the very back wall, and there I hand drew a small patch of rocks, and copy+pasted that patch, and placed it all over the wall. It wasn't easy.
Last Second Edit: Added a slight glow effect to things that needed it.

Last edited:
Well, here I am finally uploading my art entry! I'm not in it to win, I just came to share my love of Terraria and participate.

Terraria 1.3 Contest Entry Szketch.jpg

Terraria 1.3 Contest Entry Szketch S.jpg

It's nothing spectacular, it's just a big Sztick Figure sketch compiling the highlights of my 1.3 experience, drawn on lined notebook paper and photographed with my phone. And no, that doesn't mean I didn't put a lot of work into it: I've spent a half hour a day five days a week for the past three weeks (that's about 7 or 8 hours total) dithering and planning and sketching and sketching again to get everything to a presentable quality standard.

It was a lot of fun putting everything together, working out how to present all 11 developers' sets in stick figure form and drawing the larger enemies all while supposedly doing classwork. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do! :happy:

Welcome to my small little town...

lpFf2tA.png

My entry for the screenshot category! This small village was built on a server several weeks back before it was even called a village; it started off as a single house until I later expanded it and added more buildings around it.

Buildings from left to right: Apartments, player house, pub and library.

You guys might want to squint your eyes if you wanna look at some of the details on this build. I'm one of those people who likes building cramp stuff.

This is for snapshots.
It is still heavy work in progress (if I ever finish it) but this part is looking pretty nice.
My old house was to generic, so when I found granite I was just like "I MUST HAVE THIS!". So I used granite as part of the building, as well as the new Obsidian because it looks so sick!
I also really enlightened from the effect the futuristic meteor brick has a wall for the purple "Gothic look" I was going for in what I have dubbed "The Obsidian Spire".
capture_2015_10_25_13_13_32_by_alucard3598-d9e9q8i.png

EDIT: The image works now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom