tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you still going for an april release date or do you think it's gonna be delayed again?
I don't know. Real life decided to punch me in the face as of late. I've been pushing through, doing mod work any chance I got, but things have been slow.

While it would be great if I could get a release out before the week/month is over, it is highly likely that it'll be delayed again. There's just so much stuff that needs finalizing/polish.
Apologies for the long wait, everyone.

I don't know. Real life decided to punch me in the face as of late. I've been pushing through, doing mod work any chance I got, but things have been slow.

While it would be great if I could get a release out before the week/month is over, it is highly likely that it'll be delayed again. There's just so much stuff that needs finalizing/polish.
Apologies for the long wait, everyone.
Well, like I said before, don't worry too much
It could be great to have it in a week/whatever, but if you don't want to release it because it needs more polishing, thats is ok. It means you are a perfectionist and the mod will be astonishing.
Hope you are well, about the punch and that. Remember, you first, the mod is just that, a mod (even if it could be one of the best here, if not the best)
Take care friend ;)<3

You know, it actually kind of warms my heart that people are turning this thread into a general chat thread of sorts. Y'all are the best. <3

I know that a lot of people are hoping that there's some kind of release of this mod sooner rather than later, preferably before 1.4's release, but I'm not so sure if that's the ideal outcome of all of this.

I'll bet everyone has other modded runs to finish up first, if not other completely different games to finish first. Everyone has to devote their full attention to 1.4 upon its inevitable release in under 19 days, after all. If this mod came out before then, people would find themselves having to interrupt themselves from it to play 1.4. Where's the justice in that? o_O

Of course, I would fully expect Scooterboot to be enjoying 1.4 themselves, rather than working on the mod. Only a monster would ask someone to work on a public service rather than enjoy themselves on something with so much hype.

Everyone should just enjoy themselves. Life's too short to be anything less than happy with their lot.

I'll bet everyone has other modded runs to finish up first, if not other completely different games to finish first. Everyone has to devote their full attention to 1.4 upon its inevitable release in under 19 days, after all. If this mod came out before then, people would find themselves having to interrupt themselves from it to play 1.4. Where's the justice in that? o_O
IF scooterboot DID release Metroid mod during 1.4 (I'm not saying scoot needs to do that, it's just a IF scenario), I would drop 1.4 in favor of the Metroid mod. 1.4 doesn't seem that big compared to 1.3 (aside from being like. The first update that terrarias gotten in 3 years), so I would pass up 1.4 for scoot the boot's Mega great meteoroid modification for the block Lego 2d Minecraft Terraria software program videogame

IF scooterboot DID release Metroid mod during 1.4 (I'm not saying scoot needs to do that, it's just a IF scenario), I would drop 1.4 in favor of the Metroid mod. 1.4 doesn't seem that big compared to 1.3 (aside from being like. The first update that terrarias gotten in 3 years), so I would pass up 1.4 for scoot the boot's Mega great meteoroid modification for the block Lego 2d Minecraft Terraria software program videogame
I hear ya. I think, if anything, both might benefit from a bug-fix version eventually, so waiting for one would be beneficial to a degree. It just depends on which one has worse bugs that went uncaught. I'm just assuming that there will be bugs because it's impossible to catch all of the bugs every time. Public testing is just a thing that happens.

So no matter what we play first, we're gonna have a good time.

At this point, even though checking the thread has become a near-hourly thing for me, I'm not really checking for a release anymore, I started simply checking to see if people are still active here, and the nice messages people send to keep each other's spirits up. Keep it up, and I hope you all enjoy both this mod and 1.4 when they release <3
And for Scooter, keep up the good work, remember to take breaks to avoid burnout, and don't rush anything, we want you to enjoy it as well :dryadpassionate:

I'm pretty darn excited about the easy teleportation ability. I'd gotten into the habit of making giant networks of railway carts all over the place at great personal expense of wood, iron, and time. Eventually, actual teleporters would be placed down in tiny boxes shielded from enemies except for a small platform in the bottom one could drop through, scattered every four hundred blocks or so east or west, up or down. They weren't that hard to wire thanks to the Grand Design. Now these Pylons will ramp things up quite a bit in the early game and possibly make all of that unnecessary.

I've honestly never really built any kind of town that deep underground. The most I've ever done is have a Dryad move into an underground mushroom biome so she could sell me mushroom seeds. ... ... ironically to help make another mushroom biome above ground for the Truffle. I like making giant self-contained square boxes for the Truffle and Witch Doctor (Separate, of course.) so they can sell their unique stuff.

I wonder if any other NPCs besides the Truffle will prefer the magic mushroom biome. ... ... Maybe the Party Girl. :p Heheheheh. But you didn't hear it from me.

--------------

I actually wonder how this will affect adventure maps. I'll bet many of them will have to be replanned. Imagine if you bring up an old-style adventure map into 1.4, and their surface houses just HAPPEN to be in the right geographical configuration to let you get a Pylon, so you place a Pylon and gain access to free teleportation. Fascinating.

I'm pretty darn excited about the easy teleportation ability. I'd gotten into the habit of making giant networks of railway carts all over the place at great personal expense of wood, iron, and time. Eventually, actual teleporters would be placed down in tiny boxes shielded from enemies except for a small platform in the bottom one could drop through, scattered every four hundred blocks or so east or west, up or down. They weren't that hard to wire thanks to the Grand Design. Now these Pylons will ramp things up quite a bit in the early game and possibly make all of that unnecessary.

I've honestly never really built any kind of town that deep underground. The most I've ever done is have a Dryad move into an underground mushroom biome so she could sell me mushroom seeds. ... ... ironically to help make another mushroom biome above ground for the Truffle. I like making giant self-contained square boxes for the Truffle and Witch Doctor (Separate, of course.) so they can sell their unique stuff.

I wonder if any other NPCs besides the Truffle will prefer the magic mushroom biome. ... ... Maybe the Party Girl. :p Heheheheh. But you didn't hear it from me.

--------------

I actually wonder how this will affect adventure maps. I'll bet many of them will have to be replanned. Imagine if you bring up an old-style adventure map into 1.4, and their surface houses just HAPPEN to be in the right geographical configuration to let you get a Pylon, so you place a Pylon and gain access to free teleportation. Fascinating.
I did build a few underground cities/towns/whatever before. With my brother or alone. Even an underwater+underground silverbrick city with pumps, and hallow crystals, beautiful':eek:`:passionate:
(Well, it was not that impresive, but for me that moment was epic, I was starting with wire and that)
Back then in 1.1 I did it a lot because the surface was so dangerous in hardmode and the corruptors spreaded corruption with their spits, chaos, fascinating and enraging at 50%/50%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom