Game Mechanics Wrench/Wire cutters acting as weapons

Paige

Pixel Pirate
It is very annoying when I am trying to do work placing/removing wires and enemies are bombarding me. Of course my pet takes care of it a bit but I have found (especially when wiring across the world for Teleporters) that it can still be very difficult what with enemies either just deterring me from my work or killing me. I have to constantly pull out other weapons to get rid of the enemies, and then I only have a few second margin to place a few more wires until they spawn again. Then I noticed my wrench swinging and seemingly just passing directly through a Corruptor's face doing no harm...

When mining my pickaxe does slight knockback and damage so that I can remain mining and living when the monsters show up to bother me. Obviously a wrench isn't much stronger than a simple iron sword, but at least the knockback and slight damage would be nice. Perhaps 10-15 damage or so and average knockback, melee damage obviously. Maybe I could either craft a new wrench or apply something to the original wrench to make it deal more damage...perhaps some Spikes from the dungeon could be applied to make a Spiky Wrench? After all the mechanic is acquired from the dungeon and we could see some extra use from those cute little guys (Spikes).

This is the best Spiky Wrench I could make in a half hour, sadly: SpikyWrench.jpg

Thats hilarious... In the mobile version, those things used to do 1 damage.

Anyway, pickaxes do this so why not? Support.

Yeah I don't really have these readily available as soon as I first enter my pre-hardmode dungeon...
Half your answer is false because by the time you get a wrench, you ALSO need to enter the dungeon.
For the 2nd par, well, the pre-HM turret gun is the hornet/imp staff.

Half your answer is false because by the time you get a wrench, you ALSO need to enter the dungeon.
For the 2nd par, well, the pre-HM turret gun is the hornet/imp staff.
The Mechanic is usually sitting tied up a bit before the first chest. Anyway this whole argument thing is just dumb because even when I had full spider armor things were still bugging me.

The Mechanic is usually sitting tied up a bit before the first chest. Anyway this whole argument thing is just dumb because even when I had full spider armor things were still bugging me.
Actually, I don't even understand why I started this discussion anyway, that is quite dumb.
Back on topic: The wrench could have a low damage value (it isn't sharp) but a high knockback value (it is bulky). Besides being logical, it would be helpful.

Wrench weapons? Yes please. If anything, I'd like to see Battlewrenches. Craft a regular wrench with some components depending on color and get a cool weapon that is both functional (places wire) and dangerous (does damage, duh), and a unique effect based on what color wrench you started with (IE regular one might get fire, blue might get chilled).

The idea for Battlewrenches is absolutely not shamelessly stolen from a Minecraft mod by the name of Thermal Expansion. Not at all.

Back
Top Bottom