Standalone [1.4.0.5] Terraria Leveled RPG mod

I started playing your Terraria mod again. I love the Kingdom Hearts life meter. I just wish it had the KH low health alarm to complete it. I have the alarm sound when I tried to replace the sound effect. The only way this could be better is if this could be combined with Omnir's nostalgia pack, because I really like having the cure spell to side by side with having no HP or MP regen.

If you want the sound effect, I'll give it to you, somehow.

Not sure if this is the correct forum to say this but, the Necro Armor is bugged and gives Magic stat when it says it gives Ranged. Also can anyone explain to me what the Party UI is and how to use it?

Also can anyone explain to me what the Party UI is and how to use it?

Pretty much, if you're in the same Party as another player (ie: Red Team, Blue Team, etc), their health bar will appear on the UI - the two options for the Party UI Style just changes how the Party UI looks - one option shows player health as a bar, being 100% full when the player is at their maximum health, and another shows the player's health as Heart Containers, being 100% full when the player is at 20 hearts.

So if you were using the Heart Container style at the start of the game, where everyone only has 3 Hearts, you'll notice that everyone's health bar is only 15% full (three heart segments would be red, the rest gray) - while if you were using the Bar style, everyone's health bar would be 100% full, as they were at maximum health.

The problem I see when converting to tApi (if possible), is that when people use mods that add new npcs/enemies or new new ores, the exp will not be set for them and they won't give anything. The only way I could come up with a level calculator for added enemies is by their stats and possibly their value. But that would most likely be a LOT of math work to get them to set proper levels.

Just noting that I have had my sights set on tApi, I just don't know what all I can do with it. Such as, would I be able to use the pixel shader effect for the KH health bar? How well would this work in multiplayer? I have no idea at the moment since I really haven't looked too much in to it.

EDIT: New version released. Only minor stuff.

Last edited:
Great job on this! I use a lot of mods, but if I want to go back and get a vanilla experience, I usually end up playing this. I was wondering if you would consider making a tapi mod with just the ui options, so I can have the kingdom hearts ui with my other mods :)

In regards to your comment about possible issues about branching or converting to TAPI, I figured I could talk about a few of the mods I used with TConfig.

A few of the mods I used with TConfig that I liked the most were Rocko's ARPG mod, Omnir's Nostalgia pack, an accessory slot expansion mod that I think was made by MiraiMai, and a couple of mods that turned off health and mana regen and made the rocket and specter boots consume mana to run. One of the other mods I used before finding the ARPG mod was the Health Up mod, that allowed the player to increased their max health and mana to a absolute maximum of five times the vanilla amount.

The reason I love Omnir's Nostalgia pack is because it adds a lot of things from the Final Fantasy series, as well as things from some MMO I've never heard of before. I loved being able to find tomes that let me cast the various spells from Final Fantasy, and true to the pack's name the spell names were in the old style, such as Cure 2 and Bolt 3. It also added many vanity items that let me make my character look like various Final Fantasy characters, such as Edgar from FF6. And it added relics from the FF games as accessories. Accessories you had to earn by fighting tough enemies such as the Iron Giant and the Tonberry. I once found a gem box accessory that actually enabled double casting. As in having my magic items activate twice for the cost of one cast. This let me use Cure 2, which if I recall correctly, restores 40 HP per cast normally, to heal myself very quickly. Another accessory was a ring that automatically cast Barrier on me, increasing my defense by at least 60 while my HP was critically low. This continued to be a life saver because of the many enemies that were also added by the Nostalgia pack. During blood moons, I would suddenly be attacked by hordes of dragons and other huge enemies in addition to the army of zombies and floating eyes. Even without the blood moon, the most common cause of death was Earth elementals, due to the fact that they hit like trucks and can teleport to stay on top of you. However, those elementals also dropped dying elemental crystals, which could be used to summon the four fiends from FF1 to fight. Then after killing all four of them and crafting an item with the purified elemental crystals, you could fight Chaos. Other FF enemies and bosses include the aforementioned Iron Giant and Tonberries, bombs, and even two super bosses in the forms of Ultima and Omega Weapon. I remember fighting Omega Weapon. I think he had 500,000 HP to shave off before he would kick the bucket. The Iron Giant had at least 20,000 HP.

The MMO I never heard of until the Nostalgia Pack was called Tibia, I think. There were quite a few enemies from that as well, such as powerful demons and dragons. And whatever the Plaguesmith was.

What surprised me was getting a barrow knife from killing a barrow wright. It's flavor text says that it strips the protection from the nazgul and witchking. Then in the dungeon, and everywhere in hardmode, I actually encountered nazgul. They take almost no damage until you hit them at least once with the barrow knife. Then you can hammer them with your swords, spells and bullets. One time during hardmode, I was mining out a meteor that landed in the ocean when a blood moon event started. I was then immediately attacked by Sauron himself. I died really fast. I think I had about 1200 HP thanks to the Health Up mod, and he wrecked me.

Then I found Rocko's ARPG mod. I uninstalled the Health Up and got the no regen mod to go with it. I really liked the ARPG mod because my stats were determined by what I put in strength, dexterity, or intelligence. The EXP gained was based off of the HP the enemy had, so ARPG was compatible with virtually any mod that added additional enemies to fight. Here is a screenshot I took with the ARPG mod installed, among others.

259D7054D963C09DA2BC8B852841FBC2DFA33EE3

As you can see from my HP and MP, they went up by a certain amount every level up. Heart and Mana crystals also didn't work while ARPG was installed and active. The way I can describe how ARPG and Terraria Leveled work is that, depending on which stat was higher, HP and MP would go up. That was my only complaint about ARPG. All it took to determine the HP and MP increased at level up was which stat had the highest number, with how high the number was being a secondary factor. For example, having one more point in INT than DEX or STR caused my character to receive more MP than HP from a level. Having points in the other stats helps, because at the lowest level all of your damage is halved, but it was almost better to over specialize than to just simply have more of one stat than another. With Terraria Leveled, each level makes each heart of health worth more. So instead of a heart being worth 20 life from the start, a level up could make that heart worth 23 life. And it still kept the need to seek out fallen stars and heart crystals to increase max HP and MP.

One other mod I forgot to mention at the start was a mod that changed the health and mana meters into solid bars, mostly based off of the Sword Art Online anime. I liked having a solid bar for a health meter. Too bad it wouldn't work with ARPG.

So, yeah, that was the gist of it. More stuff trying to kill you. I'm sorry about the huge walls of text and an image of and about mods designed for TConfig, but I felt that I needed to share that. Whether that helps you decide to try to make it work with TAPI, or to keep it as a standalone. I'm just happy I have my Kingdom Hearts life bar with the KH low health alarm.

EDIT: The additional accessory slots mod was made by Shocka. Ooops.

Last edited:
To be fair, I don't think the "updating to tAPI" bit is the problem - that alone seems rather simple, except I can see a few small problems with the system:

1. EXP on mining ores? Alhough with tAPI, it would be easy enough to make placed ores a seperate item (just like how tLeveled works, iirc!) - and that wouldn't make it incompatible with anything, either. Hopefully.
2. Compatability with other NPC-adding mods? This is the big one. A lot of other mods would balance themselves for Vanilla.. and gotest has no way of telling what "level" the player would experience a certain mob at through code alone. If there is an update to tAPI.. this is probably the biggest hurdle to overcome.
- If tLeveled was to "guess" what level a certain mob was found at based off of stats, item drops, money, etc - it would be a bit awkward when it guessed incorrectly, and I doubt it would be easy to "guess" a mob's level from those things alone.
- If tLeveled was to instead offer an "API" for mods to hook into, it would offer good compatability only for mods which used the API. Any other mod which a player tried to add which added new monsters which didn't use the API.. would either not work, or work really strangely (ie: may have vanilla enemy stats, while the player has tLeveled stats, making it really easy to defeat)

It's a tough one. (Although updating the health bars alone.. I don't see why that couldn't be done.)

I'm not certain, but Rocko's ARPG TConfig mod didn't give EXP for mining ores. The other stand-alone RPG mod, N Terraria, does, I think.

The way ARPG dealt with EXP from mod added enemies was to give EXP equal to ten percent of that enemy's HP.

Now that I had time to think after making those walls of text, I think I made them to try to give ideas based off of my experiences using various TConfig mods.

Man I miss having Bolt 3...

I'm not certain, but Rocko's ARPG TConfig mod didn't give EXP for mining ores. The other stand-alone RPG mod, N Terraria, does, I think.

The way ARPG dealt with EXP from mod added enemies was to give EXP equal to ten percent of that enemy's HP.

Well, tLeveled did give XP from ore mining, though that does seem like a relatively easy thing to add. It just wouldn't give EXP for modded ores (unless they hooked into some sort of tLeveled API, like I mentioned before)

.. However, the thing with EXP.. sure, that'd work with Rocko's mod, probably - but tLeveled alters every enemy's stats, not just making the player more powerful when they level up. The enemies are buffed up to their level as well to create a different difficulty progression - you try running into the Corruption before levelling up a bit first, and you'll find you won't be able to lay a finger on them, while they'd probably be able to one-shot you.. which is very different from how Vanilla handles it. (Where you could probably run into the Corruption with no armour and a cactus sword and survive)

Other mods would need to hook into this new difficulty curve too if they were to be used alongside this mod. Though, it's not to say that this mod couldn't be updated to tAPI.. it's just that it'd be incompatible with any mod which adds new enemies to the game.

So, in short, the biggest issue is stating enemies from mods, or at least finding a way to have the game assign stats to them without the need to constantly update TLeveled every time someone else updates their mod in addition to official updates. I'll use Omnir's Nostalgia pack for argument's sake. That alone adds hundreds of things, including enemies, weapons, single use magic items, new magic items that draw from the players mana pool, armor, accessories, including ones that flat out increase defense by sixty when life is less than twenty five percent below max life, and at least seven new town NPCs, some of which show up as soon as you have a vacant house for them. NPCs such as a black and a white mage to sell you some of the Final Fantasy spell tomes.

In TLeveled, how powerful do you think Ultima and Omega Weapon, from the Nostalgia Pack, would be? With no other mods changing things, they had anywhere between one hundred to five hundred thousand life. How would you think that would translate into TLeveled?

If they had 500,000 Base HP, their HP at level 85 would probably be between 1,200,000 - 1,600,000 HP.
The Destroyer has a base HP of 80,000. And in my mod, it's level 65 and brings that up to about 540,000 HP.

I'm not sure if I've said this before, but, I have not altered the base stats of ANY enemy. The level just scales their base stats. I have set fixed levels and EXP for EVERY NPC in the game. That's about 370 if I recall correctly.

Now, the API thing for my mod would probably work really well if modders would like to make their NPC mods compatible with my mod, giving them a fixed level and EXP rate.

But honestly, I'm still a beginner self taught C# programmer and don't really know that much about it yet. My programming is very messy and not very polished. It's functional, but not practical. I know for a fact my code could be cleaner and would MUCH easier to port to tAPI. But I try my best.

Another thing that makes me question, is, can I use shaders in tAPI? Because the KH healthbar uses a shader to work... so yeah. And another question I have is, how does the multiplayer work? Do I need to add my own functions to it to make it work or is it automatic?

The biggest question I have is, how does tAPI work and would I be able to add my stat formulas for the player and enemies?
There's just so many questions I have about tAPI, I don't know where to start.

EDIT: I just did a search for Omnir's Nostalgia pack. Omega Weapon has 1,000,000 Base HP. That's about 4,500,000+ HP at level 85. But with that kind of HP it would nearly be impossible to make the mod calculate a proper level.

Last edited:
I'm not sure where to start, as I have no programming experience at all. I'd like to start, but I don't know where to begin.

As for TAPI, I think you should post your question in the TAPI thread, or in the general mod discussion board.

Lastly, bosses can exceed the level cap by a lot, right? Like they aren't limited to 100 and below?

Hey, uh, what stat dictates summon damage?
EDIT- Discovered a bug where trying to increase a stat with autopause mode on causes it to not work. Still plays the sound.

Last edited:
Hmm... Interesting. So that's what causes that problem people were reporting when stat points won't get used. I'll look in to a fix for it.
Also, Magic is tied to summon power.

I PMed u this Bug report but since I dont know what you check more often here its again: :D

First of all great work on your Mod! Love Terraria Leveled!

Just wanted to report a bug:
The Necro Armor gives +Mag (even tho it sais +RNG)
So the description is right but you are actually getting the wrong stat added. (sucks because its the best ranged armor in PreHardmode)
Just add yourself the armor look at the description and then check your stats. you will see +9 on MAG instead RNG.
Keep the good work up.
Best Regards
Nobodys_me

Last edited:
Do you even understand how good this mod is? lol.

What program are you using in sharp? Why not add things like a separate xp counter for thinks like mining, fishing and sheeet. Like make it so every time you make a potion you get xp and each lvl you can increase potion durations? Wish i could program in sharp :3

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom