Game Mechanics Ability to Swap NPCs' Housing

stormconure

Duke Fishron
So I just started another playthrough (first time in over a year, yay!!) and being the OCD person that I am, I tend to want every NPC in a specific location following a specific pattern: the easier/pre-HM ones at the bottom of my giant tower, and the HM ones toward the top. However, I just built said tower all at once, and it seems that when an NPC first moves in, the house it occupies is chosen randomly from the available unoccupied houses. Which can lead to some NPCs being in the wrong place and me getting annoyed. (Yes, my OCD is really bad.) I realize that the housing menu exists and you can reassign NPC housing, but it can get kinda tedious.

Well, I thought of a very easy way to make organizing my NPCs much easier. When using the housing menu to reassign houses, you can assign an NPC to an already-taken house to swap the two. Ok, that was confusing. Pretend the Guide lives in House A and the Merchant lives in House B. If I try to assign the Merchant to House A, the Guide will automatically be assigned to House B, rather than just giving me an error message. Does that make more sense?

I assume this would be very easy to add, so I honestly don't see a reason NOT to have this. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom