Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the new boss balance changes. I think the change to queen slime was very much needed as imo she felt as difficult as the mechs, if not more so. The Golem balancing is also always welcome and I’m glad the cultist got love as well. Since I haven’t played melee much, I won’t comment on the melee reworks but my gut says they’re all good. The only one I can say for sure is a 100% positive change is the light discs. Great change! I haven’t seen everything but I know Flairon got buffed, and so that makes me wonder if the tempest staff got reworked at all. A couple of the later summons are completely useless (Tempest, Deadly Sphere, Pirates), and so I hope they got buffed stat-wise or maybe had a rework of some kind. Lastly, Elf Melter may be my new favorite weapon from the looks of things. Fantastic change to it and the flamethrower. Good job Relogic :)

Oh wait, also. Frost legion is in desperate need of a buff/rework as far as balance is concerned :^)

I think the aether is overpowered, as it can recast the weapon without any cost.
I suggest that the function of decomposition move to aetherized goblin, while it will cost some money(a little bit higher than recast,such as 2× sellprice)then it will be more balance

I think the aether is overpowered, as it can recast the weapon without any cost.
I suggest that the function of decomposition move to aetherized goblin, while it will cost some money(a little bit higher than recast,such as 2× sellprice)then it will be more balance
Or we could just make it so that crafting no longer gives prefixes, which would pretty easily kill the strategy without removing the functionality of shimmer.

Id just like to take a moment to celebrate the inclusion of the Shellphone as well as the beautiful way it was implemented without having to make a complex UI. The fact that the Void Bag and Encumbering Stone use the same system is sprinkles to the icescream.

For loudouts i noticed that when changing from one to another, the set bonus remains unchanged. Though this is just visual and likely caused due to my setting pausing the game when on the inventory, so the set bonus is not updated until the inventory is closed and time resumes.

We were graced with the background walls that allow spawning of enemies (for which we are VERY thankful). I do have a question though, will Dungeon enemies and fishing still require naturally placed dungeon bricks? Or was that part of the requirement changed to allow making a dungeon outside the natural dungeon?

This last bit is definitely outside the scope of this hotfix, as such its more of a question rather than a fix request. Why are multi-biomes so inconsistent? I mean, you can end up with Jungle music while fishing Tundra fishes and ocean crates. It feels like the dominant biome for music, fishes and crates are not the same causing these funny combinations.

Seriously though, the LOVE was felt in this update!

d just like to take a moment to celebrate the inclusion of the Shellphone as well as the beautiful way it was implemented without having to make a complex UI. The fact that the Void Bag and Encumbering Stone use the same system is sprinkles to the icescream.
I would also love if this change could also be apllied to the "guide to critter companionship" and the other 2 new books. Instead of having to throw it out of the inventory, you would just lock/unlock it like the encumbering stone.

All right, the new Golem seems fine to me. Just gotta dodge more and survive a few seconds longer, which was definitely possible even while being trapped in a Temple room.

I did notice however that I can no longer pick up unstackable items (like weapons) from inventories with right-click. I assume that change was made to accommodate for the Shellphone and Encumbering Stone, which makes sense I suppose. I would say that those items should be the only exceptions for this change, but then again... I can always just train myself to left-click more often. Not a huge deal :p

Continuing a melee upside-down Expert playthrough:

-Hive Five is pretty good against skeletron, but not amazing. Feels better than blade of grass in general, didn't even use hive pack
-muramasa and volcano feel like opposites, super-fast and swipy vs slow and powerful
-skeletron is hard due to swarms of enemies on don't dig up; I had to build a sky arena. So many enemies are spawning, it's really difficult

-Night's edge is excellent against wall of flesh, fast kill time but have to dodge eye lasers close-up. Feels like good risk vs reward.
-dark lance is very cool. not as good as night's edge vs wall of flesh but pretty great overall
-WoF fight does feel easier near end due to changes; I fell behind twice and just 'bounced' forward with a big chunk of health gone instead of being slowly dragged forever

In hardmode I tried some of the buffed weapons
-palladium sword isn't half bad, decent knockback compared to Night's Edge.
-Phasesaber is still underwhelming, but cheaper cost makes it a nice, easy weapon to grab
-Hardmode ore spears feel powerful; mythril spear felt better than Night's Edge by a lot, but titanium trident only felt a little bit better than mythril spear

-chain guillotines have fabulous reach now, they were my first weapon that completely replaced night's edge. You can basically hit anything you can see; even without tuning the damage, these have gotten a lot safer to use.
-expert queen slime seems tuned better. definitely easier, but still died several times even with on-tier gear. I'm glad the baby slimes' bullets don't do horrendous damage anymore

Perhaps the Terraprisma should get buffed to compensate for the bug fix making it weaker? You have to beat the game's hardest enemy to get it, so I do think that it should be the strongest summon.

The Feral Claws and its upgrades say that they enable Autoswing for Melee Weapons, but don't say anything about Whips. Please add that.

I feel like the OOA sentry accessories are a bit all over the place, you can get two from the dark mage, but functionally they are both the same and also the same as the ones you get from ogre, you can't even stack them. I don't know how I would change them other than like 5%~ish damage for their respective class and re-tiering them again because now it feels redundant to get two from the dark mage pre-hardmode that are the exact same as the two from ogre in hardmode.
I've always wanted to see a tinker of these four combined that gives you +2 sentries.

I posted this on steam discussion but I figure I'll post it here, I don't see a general feedback anywhere so I'll leave this here and hope it gets in front of someone that can change it.

Since this games release the most annoying thing is that NPCs open doors and leave them open... we want NPCs to be buddies so we don't WANT to jail them generally but that's what ends up happening because otherwise they just perpetually cause annoying things by wandering around and leaving doors open. I know there are some solo options to deal with this but in multiplayer it's even worse. My friend and I just upgraded a tower to have tall gates so we can have mounts go in and out of NPC locations (and yea I know later on we can have teleporters and etc etc etc etc but bare with me..) and the amount of doors being left open is insane. I thought of some solutions without the obvious, of just making them by default, unable to open doors (because some people may like them wandering):

1) Have a toggle on NPCs whether they can open doors or not. I feel like this is the easiest solution - make it Per-NPC-Dependant so you could make some able to wander if you wanted.
2) Only have some NPCs even want to wander. The world has literal zombies at night.. if they are bedding at our locations why are they even wanting to go out? Maybe some of them just want to wander by virtue of personality and so we only have to deal with 2-3 of them leaving doors open instead of 12+
3) NPCs actively avoiding doors by default, and/or closing nearby doors to their quarters if they see them open. This one has a lot of issues but yea. I hate when they stand IN doorways as well because then we cant close them
4)? Maybe a "lockdown red alert mode" where they actively avoid doors for 8 hours. You are giving them a place to stay and they should understand that it can be unsafe at times and we should have a way to tell them to stay in safety.. which for me would come with the added benefit that they stay away from the doors.

I had some other solutions but I forget them at the moment. I know I could likely mod things and yea there's always jailing them but that stifles some of the fun of building them places to live. I wish they just didn't open the doors and leave them open everywhere!!! So annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that shimmer is supposed to be kinda a secret that you'll come across (I mean the biome) but could the guide have a quote about mentioning where you can approximately find it. Or at least mention that it even exists.

its nice to see tiki reworked into a whip centric armour but its kind of odd that it doesn't buff whip speed, feels like a half commitment to the change and its weird to have to downgrade stats when you go up armour in the same class/subclass. Maybe it would be too broken to have like 20% whip speed on it but maybe if you sacked a minion it could balance out, if not ill stick to mixed monk/shinobi armour loadouts for crazy fast whips.

its nice to see tiki reworked into a whip centric armour but its kind of odd that it doesn't buff whip speed, feels like a half commitment to the change and its weird to have to downgrade stats when you go up armour in the same class/subclass. Maybe it would be too broken to have like 20% whip speed on it but maybe if you sacked a minion it could balance out, if not ill stick to mixed monk/shinobi armour loadouts for crazy fast whips.

Its not meant to be a whip centric armor, its a summoner minion damage/count armor that also adds some whip stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom