PC Sampling the Sounds of 1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting... it's nice to have a peek at what you guys are up to in the now. I will not be listening to it though, have to save the feelings.

As for the people who still beg and plead for a release date, my advice is to distract yourself with tangible media until it's done. Life is full of distractions, and they can be applied usefully.

Sorry to disappoint you, but no. The music just doesn't do anything for me. I don't deny the work that went into it, for the synth effects sound good in quality, but it's just so grating. I have nothing against the music in Terraria thus far - everything in 1.1 was fairly good bar the obnoxious boss fight music, and 1.2 delivered some more impressive stuff. I have nothing against dubstep (the style this track adopted) either, when it has a good beat and memorable material. But this contains neither of those things. It sounds like a multitude of ideas dumped into a blender and blended on high, and it seriously shows (a theremin-sounding synth shows up early on to establish a "space" feel, but is dropped after that? What?). Please, by all means, continue jamming, but do something for me. Listen to the song again, and five minutes later, try to remember something about it. I triple dog dare you. Because I bet good money you will have forgotten most, if not all, of anything about it. You game?

Last time listening to this song was about an hour ago (I was listening to it just before I had a class to go to). Can still remember about 80% of the song with reasonable clarity. Though... I wonder if the fact I listened to this song on a loop for almost a day (worth of time so... about 24 hours cumulative) has anything to do with it?

Meanwhile, Lunar Boss I can remember just about the same amount and the last time I listened to it was a few days ago.

Sick music, my guess is this will be apart of the Lunar Eclipse Event cause it sounds alien like and that is what the Lunar Eclipse blurred sprites look like.

I think I have pitched just about every complex barline I can into this ensamble. Rather than beat the drum further, I think it may be time to meter my hours spent on this broken circle. Consider my efforts a dotted note in the musical theater that is today's spoiler. I bid you adieu my good friends, I will retire for the evening. Please sing me a lullaby of the great days to come.

EDIT: days? really? I couldn't have put melodies? or songs? or... just... damnit.
EDIT EDIT: I was tired... that's it. Let's go with that.
I see you have been beet.
Hoven
Beethoven.

Hm, well, I'm not all that fond of this one. It's too chaotic in my opinion, too much going on at the same time, maybe even to the point of being distracting. Also, I can't get a clear melody out of it, and I prefer music with which I can. Doesn't feel all that Terraria to me either. Still, an opinion is just what it is: an opinion.

8865.jpg
This is ripped from the Spoiler it looked so Kick :red:

Okay, so based on the hardcore and obviously alien-aimed glory that has graced itself into my eardrums, and acknowledging Cenx's comment that the old "Lunar Boss" soundtrack was being replaced by a better one, I am going to go ahead and assume that this is the replacement track that she was referring to. Now I'm curious as to what the "something else" is that will be using the former Lunar track...

But yeah, that was definitely a great track, and definitely appropriate for a spoiler. :D Well done, Scott!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom